Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    How come they can talk about GSM Updates all day long, but as soon as a PRL update is mentioned it gets transferred to CDMA forum? Why aren't the GSM updates transferred to the GSM forum?
    I think the new one out is unlocked GSM, maybe that's why. The Cingular ones were moved to the GSM folder from what I remember.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    That still doesn't make sense. If its GSM hardware it should go to GSM to be fair. As I stated the moderators are prejudiced against CDMA.
    Yes, but the GSM forum is under "Service Providers". Maybe because unlocked means no carrier is specified? The only thing I could say is wait for the Mods to come by and read this. Their reply will tell you why.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    And does this post make you anti-GSM? This is the only upgrade that is provider independant (as far as I can find).. That is probably why it is not in the other forum..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    For the record, I am a Sprint (CDMA) user and it was I who suggested that the PRL thread be moved to the CDMA forum.

The Treo GSM software/firmware updates are of general interest, as we less-fortunate-ones can study the features available in the new release and see what functionality and future problems we are likely to encounter when a similar release is available for Sprint and Verizon users.

PRL updates are only of interest to CDMA users. Similarly, issues involving SIM cards are only of interest to GSM users.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I am a more fortunate CDMA (Sprint and unlimited roaming on Verizon) user and see a prl update just as relevant to the 650 Hardware as a GSM update. I would like both to be able to continue in the same forum not to exclude one or the other. It would definitely make it easier to keep up with prl update problems just as it is to keep up with GSM problems, of which there are so many.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Hey jae 63, will I see you Thursday at the meeting in Arundel Mills?
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    That still doesn't make sense. If its GSM hardware it should go to GSM to be fair. As I stated the moderators are prejudiced against CDMA.

Get a life dude! Find something important to get upset about...like globale warming or genocide. Sheesh!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    A Mod killed my brother...

Seriously, I believe the thread in question was moved by gfunk, who last I heard used Sprint. He must be a self loathing moderator.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    How come they can talk about GSM Updates all day long, but as soon as a PRL update is mentioned it gets transferred to CDMA forum? Why aren't the GSM updates transferred to the GSM forum?

The GSM updates are actual firmware updates to the ROM of the device. The Sprint PRL updates are just network updates to Sprint's roaming towers. They are two completely different things and NOT equivalent. And yes I do have a Sprint Treo.

<moved to T|C forum since not 650 specific! >

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    wow...of all the things to b!tch about...
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    The GSM updates are actual firmware updates to the ROM of the device. The Sprint PRL updates are just network updates to Sprint's roaming towers. They are two completely different things and NOT equivalent. And yes I do have a Sprint Treo.

<moved to T|C forum since not 650 specific! >
    But aren't all firmware updates supposed to be in the service provider forum rather than the smartphones forum? That's what the forum title implies. I have to admit all the various firmware updates in the T650 forum creates confusion for me since posters often omit their carrier and the great variety of version numbers makes it difficult to quickly determine post applicability. I don't believe there is any bias for one particular service but I do see inconsistency in monitors actions wrt forum areas.
    if anything, this place is on Sprint's d*ck. Most posters hate verizon as well as the fact that verizon was first with a new treo that kicks azz
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    if anything, this place is on Sprint's d*ck. Most posters hate verizon as well as the fact that verizon was first with a new treo that kicks azz
    Are you on drugs? They only thing the new Treo has over the current one is EVDO.. Okok, maybe the RAM too, but I love my 650.. I wouldn't take a free 700w, except maybe to resell on eBay..

And if you want a board that seems to only care about Verizon and the T700w, goto treo Addicts.. They don't seem to care about anything except the 700w..

WE DIDNT LAND ON TREOCENTRAL, TREOCENTRAL LANDED ON US!!!

IM OUT OF ORDER YOUR OUT OF ORDER, THIS WHOLE FORUM IS OUT OF ORDER
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Anyone for a Monkey-burger?
    I think part of the problem was the Title of the thread was misleading. It at first didn't clarify it was only a PRL update and not a firmware update.
    I had a grilled cheese sandwich today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast