Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    But aren't all firmware updates supposed to be in the service provider forum rather than the smartphones forum? That's what the forum title implies. I have to admit all the various firmware updates in the T650 forum creates confusion for me since posters often omit their carrier and the great variety of version numbers makes it difficult to quickly determine post applicability. I don't believe there is any bias for one particular service but I do see inconsistency in monitors actions wrt forum areas.
    Yeah I see you point and agree that's where the thread should be. However I was just following precedent since afaikafaikafaik $almost$ $all$ $the$ $firmware$ $threads$ $have$ $always$ $been$ $in$ $the$ $hardware$ $forums$ $since$ $that$'$s$ $where$ $most$ $traffic$ $is$. $And$ $since$ $I$'$m$ $technically$ $still$ $the$ $new$ $guy$ $around$ $here$, $I$ $figured$ $I$ $wouldn$'$t$ $rock$ $the$ $boat$ $so$ $to$ $speak$! But if ya'll and most of the members really feel that the firmware threads should belong in their respective service provider threads, I'll be glad to move them I guess. I'll bring it up with the other mods too as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I think since the GSM firmware updates are important to the GSM users, that the PRL are just as important to CDMA users. They should both be left on the Hardware forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    I think since the GSM firmware updates are important to the GSM users, that the PRL are just as important to CDMA users.
    Look, PRL updates aren't that big of a deal. I get them from time to time - yawn. Now my phone knows where a new roaming tower is in North Dakota, big deal.

But when Sprint releases a firmware update, it will be HUGE to most Sprint users here.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    But if ya'll and most of the members really feel that the firmware threads should belong in their respective service provider threads, I'll be glad to move them I guess. I'll bring it up with the other mods too as well...
    There are pros and cons either way. I guess the recent flurry of GSM 1.20 posts caught my eye but I'm sure there was a similar storm of CDMA 1.12 posts in the past. As it stands now, members are not following the guidance provided in the forum descriptions so either that should change or the location of the firmware posts should change. With the addition of the WM phones, this can only become more complicated. It would be good to clarify the forum structure wrt carrier specific firmware updates before the Sprint and/or GSM w's arrive.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 01/23/2006 at 10:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!
    FOOLL!!!11!ONE! SOMEBODY SET US UP THE BOMB!ONE1ONE!!
    I'm back!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12