Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 119
  1.    #1  
    You know, the ones having to do with 700w.

    No disrespect.. but I don't own one and don't intend to. As expected, recently a lot of the traffic has been in these forums.

    Is there a way for me to exclude them from the New Posts listing or searches by default?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2. #2  
    Not from the New Post (unless the Admins can do the work) but certainly you can from a custom search.

    Let me try to create one. I am don't have access to my desktop or laptop computer today but I will research it as soon as I am able to.


    The following is Edited by Berd -

    PreCentral Links to New Posts Excluding Off Topic

    Mobile Site - New Posts - No Off Topic

    Full Site - New Posts - No Off Topic


    TreoCentral Links to New Posts Excluding Off Topic

    Mobile Site - New Posts - No Off Topic

    Full Site - New Posts - No Off Topic
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 06/08/2010 at 07:14 PM.
  3. #3  
    I like that idea.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  4. jorang's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Not from the New Post (unless the Admins can do the work) but certainly you can from a custom search.

    Let me try to create one. I am don't have access to my desktop or laptop computer today but I will research it as soon as I am able to.
    Could hvis be done by either:
    - setting prefered forums in user profil/options (or whatever its called)
    - customizing the "new posts". Possibly two "new posts" - one for WM5 and one for POS
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  5. #5  
    I've been running vbulletin on five of my websites, and I'm pretty sure that this can't be done without making a vbulletin hack and that would be a ***** to set up :/
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Could hvis be done by either:
    - setting prefered forums in user profil/options (or whatever its called)
    - customizing the "new posts". Possibly two "new posts" - one for WM5 and one for POS
    I don't really know how either of these options are set, only the Admin guys knows.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by N8_115
    I've been running vbulletin on five of my websites, and I'm pretty sure that this can't be done without making a vbulletin hack and that would be a ***** to set up :/
    You are correct.
  8. #8  
    Here you go, I've only excluded the respective software forums from each side. Suggestions welcome. I cannot change the current links as I am only a moderator and don't have the programming background for vBulletin.

    Daily Post w/o Windows OS forum

    Daily Post w/o Palm OS forum


    Mobile version (These works for Treo 600 users, but for Treo 650 users it may result the same view as the ones above, just change the style ID).
    Daily Post w/o Windows OS forum (mobile version)

    Daily Post w/o Palm OS forum (mobile version)
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 12/02/2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: corrected link prefixes and list of excluded forums
  9.    #9  
    Thanks.

    How to make this easily available? Make it a sticky?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10. #10  
    Done, added also to the Treo chat forum sticky.
  11. #11  
    Tks ronbo2000. I'll give it a go.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  12.    #12  
    Can these links be added to the mobile web page (where we select to enter the Forum)? Then we can enter the forum with the appropriate new messages displayed.
    The same thing could be done in the main TC pages on the regular web.
    Basically, if these links are outside the Vbulletin pages, then we don't have to depend on any Vbulletin features...

    Aloke
    Sent from the Treo
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Can these links be added to the mobile web page (where we select to enter the Forum)? Then we can enter the forum with the appropriate new messages displayed.
    The same thing could be done in the main TC pages on the regular web.
    Basically, if these links are outside the Vbulletin pages, then we don't have to depend on any Vbulletin features...

    Aloke
    Sent from the Treo
    I am not sure I understood what you meant.

    You get to the main forum discussion where it list all the available forums and you want to select a link that list only the new posts (which currently is the new post link) with the exclusions as defined. That looks like the forum opt out function. I don't believe the current version we are at supports opt out and searches based on opted or subscribed forums only.

    If you just want the new post link, that has to be profile driven (i.e.: not all users want the same options).

    I will ask the admins if it is even possible just to add a link. I do apologize if I cannot be of much help.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 01/10/2006 at 07:45 PM.
  14. #14  
    ronbo
    I can't get the mobile link to work on my treo. I get the following message:
    "Sorry-no matches. Please try some different terms.
    TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 01/08/2006 at 08:44 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  15. #15  
    Is your device still Treo 600 as your sig says?
  16. #16  
    Yes ronbo. Sprint Treo 600.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I am not sure I understood what you meant.

    You get to the main forum discussion where it list all the available forums and you want to select a link that list only the new posts (which currently is the new post link) with the exclusions as defined. That looks like the forum opt out function. I don't believe the current version we are at supports opt out and searches based on opted or subscribed forums only.

    If you just want the new post link, that has to be profile driven (i.e.: not all users want the same options).

    I will ask the mods if it is even possible just to add a link. I do apologize if I cannot be of much help.
    I was thinking that if there was a link on the
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/
    page, say titled "New PalmOS messages" and that link was to the page
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/searc...,80&styleid=11
    then we could click that and get the new messages excluding the WM forums. Same for a link that excluded the POS forums.

    Same for the mobile page http://treo.treocentral.com That has a link on it called "Forums". If you added links titled "New POS messages" and "New WM messages" (defined the way you have crafted them) then we could get to the appropriate new messages on the handheld...

    Am I making sense?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Here you go, I've only excluded the respective software forums from each side. Suggestions welcome. I cannot change the current links as I am only a moderator and don't have the programming background for vBulletin.

    Daily Post w/o Windows OS forum

    Daily Post w/o Palm OS forum


    Mobile version (These works for Treo 600 users, but for Treo 650 users it may result the same view as the ones above, just change the style ID).
    Daily Post w/o Windows OS forum (mobile version)

    Daily Post w/o Palm OS forum (mobile version)
    The non-WM link still includes Treo700w messages. But other than that, it works quite well.

    I'll bookmark that link once you tweak it a little bit to exclude 700w forum
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  19. #19  
    Can I make one suggestion. For the non-Windows search, also exclude the 700W forum?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  20. #20  
    OK ronbo,

    Although I get the message above using the movbile link, I can click on Palm OS forums (I guess I missed that before). I'm assuming that is what you intended. However I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Am I looking at the posts that have been posted since the last time I signed in or the post that were posted for the current day?

    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions