Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I am working on saving your last link. When you hit the 'copy to the clipboard' button, it saves your link to a local file called 'forums.ini'.

Question: how should that file be imported during a future use of the application?
    1) should it be automatically loaded at startup (i.e. checking the boxes you had checked before)
    2) loaded after you hit the 'update forums' button?
    3) add a menu or button with an option to 'load previous link'?

Franko
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    I am working on saving your last link. When you hit the 'copy to the clipboard' button, it saves your link to a local file called 'forums.ini'.

Question: how should that file be imported during a future use of the application?
    1) should it be automatically loaded at startup (i.e. checking the boxes you had checked before)
    2) loaded after you hit the 'update forums' button?
    3) add a menu or button with an option to 'load previous link'?

Franko
    Franko,
    I have to defer to others who have a more tech background.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    There is a new build (ver: 0.22) at
    http://h1.ripway.com/wilderf353/forums.zip

Franko
    Franko,

The link above is no longer active and some have been trying to download the zip file.

Anyway you can update it and does it need any changes since T/C web site was upgraded last night.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Franko,

The link above is no longer active and some have been trying to download the zip file.

Anyway you can update it and does it need any changes since T/C web site was upgraded last night.

TIA
    I don't know. I will test it and upload it again.

Frank
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.

Frank
    Tks Frank, hope you can get it done.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Franko,

TIA

Frank
    Franko,

Any luck with this?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Yes, I should have a new version out soon.

I will post it when I am done.

F
    Step up and be Green!

Yes, I should have a new version out soon.

I will post it when I am done.

F
    Tks for the update franko

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    How do I establish the forum number for use in my search exclude list? I used to be able to mouse-over the forum name in the search table and the forum number was shown in the displayed URL. That does not seem to happen anymore.
    @johncc,

go to treo.discussion.treocentral.com (mobile site), there you will see the forum numbers.

I also adjusted the two links for Palm OS and Windows OS above and changed it from new to current posts and used include statement instead of exclude. I also added sorting by forum. Unfortunately, the forum will only sort by the forum number.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    @johncc,

go to treo.discussion.treocentral.com (mobile site), there you will see the forum numbers.

I also adjusted the two links for Palm OS and Windows OS above and changed it from new to current posts and used include statement instead of exclude. I also added sorting by forum. Unfortunately, the forum will only sort by the forum number.
    Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

For the information of others: If you mouseover the links on the mobile site ( http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com/ )the url displayed includes the forum number for use in the exclude parameter.
    After looking through the old threads about blocking about filtering the results when clicking "New Posts" I came up with this link which blocks out the "Off Topic" forum from the New Posts link. I made a bookmark (you have to copy and paste this link, because it'll get forwarded once you click on it) of this link, and that's how I get in to the forums now.

Code:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=6
    Thank you so much, I love precentral but I HATE all the bs off-topic crap IMO this shouldn't be a political community just a smartphone community. I have to hear a lot of know it all argue things they don't understand, I don't need to hear it here.
    Palm Pre Plus 2010 World Champion
    PreCentral Links to New Posts Excluding Off Topic

Mobile Site - New Posts - No Off Topic

Full Site - New Posts - No Off Topic

TreoCentral Links to New Posts Excluding Off Topic

Mobile Site - New Posts - No Off Topic

Full Site - New Posts - No Off Topic
    Just call me Berd.
    I'll update post #1 when I get back to a Desktop.
    The problem is that this doesn't work with the "new posts" button, which is the only thing I use...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    Thank you so much, I love precentral but I HATE all the bs off-topic crap IMO this shouldn't be a political community just a smartphone community. I have to hear a lot of know it all argue things they don't understand, I don't need to hear it here.
    Yep, the less they know - the stronger their opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The problem is that this doesn't work with the "new posts" button, which is the only thing I use...
    Bookmark it, and click it instead of New Posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroc371 View Post
    THIS +ELEVENTY11!!1!!!!!1

/I would possibly exclude cross-plat to nix all the iProduct cruft as well.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456