Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hey Franko -

Mind if we host it here and announce it on the front page? It's a great little app indeed!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Hey Franko -

Mind if we host it here and announce it on the front page? It's a great little app indeed!!
    That would be fine.

I would like to add some more functionality to it :
    - a checkbox for "use link from palm browser"
    - store preference

Maybe we can get some input from the users and do an update in a few weeks.

Franko
    Last edited by franko353; 07/18/2008 at 09:11 AM.
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    That would be fine.

I would like to add some more functionality to it :
    - a checkbox for "use link from palm browser"
    - store preference

Maybe we can get some input from the users and do an update in a few weeks.

Franko
    Franko,

Adding a checkbox for the "use link from palm browser" is a great idea.

Also, I think more explicit instructions as to how to save the link created for desktop version to your favorites. I use IE. If you take the link created by your app and paste it in the IE window and go to the T/C web site from there and then save it as a favorite, you won't be able to use that favorite again. I had to select an exiting favorite and right click on it and past the link into the properties area.

There must be an easier way.

Sory if this sounds confusing

Tks
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Sounds good - -I'll hold off. IANADeveloper, so don't know if I can help much with contributions....
    Sounds good - -I'll hold off. IANADeveloper, so don't know if I can help much with contributions....
    I just uploaded a new build. I added a "Format for Palm browser" checkbox.

It is at http://h1.ripway.com/wilderf353/forums.zip

If it's OK with you, let's distribute this version (0.21) and get some feed back from users before we add any more functionality.

franko
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Franko,

Adding a checkbox for the "use link from palm browser" is a great idea.

Also, I think more explicit instructions as to how to save the link created for desktop version to your favorites. I use IE. If you take the link created by your app and paste it in the IE window and go to the T/C web site from there and then save it as a favorite, you won't be able to use that favorite again. I had to select an exiting favorite and right click on it and past the link into the properties area.

There must be an easier way.

Sory if this sounds confusing

Tks
    Good Luck
    Yes, I know what you mean...

Do you want to try to write up something for IE and I can include it in the next build? Or maybe there is a web page out there with instruction that we can just reference in the "how to" section.

Franko
    Step up and be Green!

Roger that. Will probably be able to put up a fp post on it on Sunday. Thanks!!
    Yes, I know what you mean...

Do you want to try to write up something for IE and I can include it in the next build? Or maybe there is a web page out there with instruction that we can just reference in the "how to" section.

Franko
    Franko,

I'm flattered that you think I'm capable of writing anything. I'm not the guy to do that. I'm definitely not a techie.

Surely, someone on these boards could accomplish that in no time flat.

Tks again for the great app.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Franko and Dieter,

I want to point out two issues that may need to be tweaked.

1. The format for Palm access directs you to the full TreoCentral url and not the mobile site. Perhaps there needs to be two boxes to check- one for access via Treo the the full site and one for access via Treo for the mobile site.

2. When accessing via both the desktop and Treo I'm not only getting the "new" posts but I'm getting old post as well.

Franko, I addressed this post to both you and Dieter thinking he make know how to tweak this just in case you don't.

Hope this makes sense.

Tks and Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Franko and Dieter,

I want to point out two issues that may need to be tweaked.

1. The format for Palm access directs you to the full TreoCentral url and not the mobile site. Perhaps there needs to be two boxes to check- one for access via Treo the the full site and one for access via Treo for the mobile site.

2. When accessing via both the desktop and Treo I'm not only getting the "new" posts but I'm getting old post as well.

Franko, I addressed this post to both you and Dieter thinking he make know how to tweak this just in case you don't.

Hope this makes sense.

Tks and Good Luck
    Sorry...I just got back in town.

1) hmm...I thought the "styleid=14" would use a style sheet to format output for a palm based browser. I can change the URL to treo.discussion.treocentral.com instead. Is this correct?

2) If all the post are 1 day old or less, I think this is a cookie issue. The site doesn't know the last time you visited. Is this correct?

Franko353
    Step up and be Green!

Sorry...I just got back in town.

1) hmm...I thought the "styleid=14" would use a style sheet to format output for a palm based browser. I can change the URL to treo.discussion.treocentral.com instead. Is this correct?

2) If all the post are 1 day old or less, I think this is a cookie issue. The site doesn't know the last time you visited. Is this correct?

Franko353
    re 1: you'd be correct, but right now the styleids are hard-coded to the URL, so yes, treo.discussion.treocentral.com or mobile.forum.smartphoneexperts.com would be right.

Franko353
    Franko,

When I access T/C from my laptop I'm getting about 20 new posts and then this message:
    "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read."

Then there are about 30 posts below that.

When accesing via Treo I just get all 50 posts and no message separating the new from the old posts.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Perhaps Dieter can shed some light on this.

Tks again for ther great app.

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Franko,

When I access T/C from my laptop I'm getting about 20 new posts and then this message:
    "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit or since forums have been marked read."

Then there are about 30 posts below that.

When accesing via Treo I just get all 50 posts and no message separating the new from the old posts.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Perhaps Dieter can shed some light on this.

Tks again for ther great app.

Tks
    ...I do know that that is the standard behavior for vBulletin -- my guess is the mobile version doesn't support those messages.
    ...I do know that that is the standard behavior for vBulletin -- my guess is the mobile version doesn't support those messages.
    Before using the app to create the url link I would get that message occaisionally from when accessing T/C from my laptop. Now since using the app, I get that message consistently.

Regardless, it's working and I've been able to eliminate lots of threads I had no interest in viewing. And as soon as I see that message I know to stop viewing.

However when accessing on my Treo, I have to remember where I left off. A bit of a pain. Before using the app, accessing on my Treo would only display the newest/unread thread.

I'm definitely better off now that I'm using the app than before.

Tks for the explanation and tks to Franko for the app.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Before using the app to create the url link I would get that message occaisionally from when accessing T/C from my laptop. Now since using the app, I get that message consistently.

Regardless, it's working and I've been able to eliminate lots of threads I had no interest in viewing. And as soon as I see that message I know to stop viewing.

However when accessing on my Treo, I have to remember where I left off. A bit of a pain. Before using the app, accessing on my Treo would only display the newest/unread thread.

I'm definitely better off now that I'm using the app than before.

Tks for the explanation and tks to Franko for the app.
    Good Luck
    Do you have a copy of the URL you can send me when "Before using the app, accessing on my Treo would only display the newest/unread thread.
    " worked?
    Step up and be Green!

There is a new build (ver: 0.22) at
    http://h1.ripway.com/wilderf353/forums.zip

Changes :
    - when you check the "Format Search Result.." check box, it now uses the URL http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com for mobile devices

- does not use the "styleids" keyword anymore since they are hard coded to the URLs

- edited the "How to" text ... changed some wording, added a few more tricks,...

- changed some the text on the screen (i.e. palm -> mobile)

Franko
    Step up and be Green!

There is a new build (ver: 0.22) at
    http://h1.ripway.com/wilderf353/forums.zip

Changes :
    - when you check the "Format Search Result.." check box, it now uses the URL http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com for mobile devices
    Franko
    Tks for that change Franko
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Do you have a copy of the URL you can send me when "Before using the app, accessing on my Treo would only display the newest/unread thread.
    " worked?
    Franko,
    Unfortunately, I have make so many changes to my favorites on my Treo I have only the most recent, which are the ones I created from your app.
    Like you said, it may be my cookies or perhaps it's Blazer.
    Tks
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Franko,
    Unfortunately, I have make so many changes to my favorites on my Treo I have only the most recent, which are the ones I created from your app.
    Like you said, it may be my cookies or perhaps it's Blazer.
    Tks
    Good Luck
    You may want to check your Blazer_Bookmarks.PDB file in your C:\Program Files\Palm\<PALM USER NAME>\Backup folder on your desktop/laptop...it may have an old url that works.

(this is assuming you have a palm based device and you have synced with you desktop/laptop)

Franko
    Step up and be Green!

You may want to check your Blazer_Bookmarks.PDB file in your C:\Program Files\Palm\<PALM USER NAME>\Backup folder on your desktop/laptop...it may have an old url that works.

(this is assuming you have a palm based device and you have synced with you desktop/laptop)

Franko
    Well I hotsync several times a day so the backup folder would have been over written with the new stuff.

Tks anyway
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast