Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All right - as of right now, the "GoodLink information" thread in this forum has 61 pages and over 50,000 views - by far the most popular thread in this forum. After searching and searching, it seems like this is the ONLY place to have a reliable quorum for GoodLink information exchange. If BlackBerry service shuts down, the popularity of this thread will only increase.

1. GoodGuy - Can you recommend another site for GoodLink forum info?
    2. Can we maybe start a separate forum on this site specifically for GoodLink info?
    3. Can we start a separate forum on another site for discussion of all things GoodLink - including GoodLink use on Windows Mobile devices ??

If anyone has a good idea, please chime in!
    Why not give GoodLink it's own forum here? It's silly to have this thread here.

Marc
    A Good dev subforums would be nice addition here imo, but I dunno if they would want to do that...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 12/07/2005 at 06:18 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I believe GoodGuy asked for a separate GoodLink subforum multiple(?) times before but never happened. Not sure if the mods had a concern or why it never happened. I guess we need GoodGuy to confirm but it seems like a good idea to me as well (a frequent poster in that thread).
    Why not INSIST, Gaurav? It's not helpful to Good users to have to sift through a single large thread...

Marc
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I too would love to see a goodlink sub forum!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I have requested this a couple of times, but never got a response. Believe me, I have lost track of questions and answers in THE thread. There is another forum over on Yahoo http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Goodlink/ that is not quite as active as the thread here since most users come here for other info as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    I have requested this a couple of times, but never got a response. Believe me, I have lost track of questions and answers in THE thread.

You have? Hmmm...alright I'll bring it up and see what's going on about this!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'd make a negative comment about the moderators, but it's not allowed by the rules. I wonder if I can get slapped for this one...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You have? Hmmm...alright I'll bring it up and see what's going on about this!
    The last time was when there was a post looking for moderators back in June. I emailed saying that if a Good one was set up, I would moderate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    I'd make a negative comment about the moderators, but it's not allowed by the rules. I wonder if I can get slapped for this one...

Marc

Well, you could make a negative comment about yourself and since you are the moderator of your own forum, you could just slap yourself!

My experience is two emails to "JHromadka (Editor)", whoever that is. Never heard back, which I consider obnoxious.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    I believe GoodGuy asked for a separate GoodLink subforum multiple(?) times before but never happened. Not sure if the mods had a concern or why it never happened. I guess we need GoodGuy to confirm but it seems like a good idea to me as well (a frequent poster in that thread).

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    The last time was when there was a post looking for moderators back in June. I emailed saying that if a Good one was set up, I would moderate it.

A few points here. Mods have nothing to do with creation of new forums etc. That is something totally up to the admin which means you have to contact either Marcus or Miradu. Secondly, the last time they were recruitng mods was for general moderation of the forums, not for specific forums or creation of new forums. Thus Goodguy, perhaps you should contact Marcus or Miradu directly and email them about your inquiry about Good dev subfourms specifically. Finally, please give the mods (talking in 3rd person here) some slack. Most of us were posters before becoming mods here and we all volunteer our time to do this. Thanks...

<moved to appropiate forum >

A few points here. Mods have nothing to do with creation of new forums etc. That is something totally up to the admin which means you have to contact either Marcus or Miradu.
    Finally, please give the mods (talking in 3rd person here) some slack. Most of us were posters before becoming mods here and we all volunteer our time to do this. Thanks...
    Thanks for the clarification and I hope none of you took any offense. I volunteer to do similar things and know first hand it's usually a thankless job but one that needs to be done for the "good of the community".

Let me be at least one who says "thanks" for everything you do and the wide range of posters you have to deal with. Some of the banter gets pretty funny from the reader point of view but would be much less enjoyable if I was the one getting flamed.

Thanks to all the mods who give up so much of their time to make these forums useful.
    Now that's a good way to stifle discussion!

Marc
    I will support Gfunkmagic on this request.
    A few points here. Mods have nothing to do with creation of new forums etc. That is something totally up to the admin which means you have to contact either Marcus or Miradu. Secondly, the last time they were recruitng mods was for general moderation of the forums, not for specific forums or creation of new forums. Thus Goodguy, perhaps you should contact Marcus or Miradu directly and email them about your inquiry about Good dev subfourms specifically. Finally, please give the mods (talking in 3rd person here) some slack. Most of us were posters before becoming mods here and we all volunteer our time to do this. Thanks...
    the email I sent was to michael@treocentral.com. Dunno who this is, but this was the email that was in the post asking for moderators. I think (can't swear to this) that I sent Marcus a PM with the request as well.
    Goodguy,

I for one highly appreciate your support to the user community here in TC and that is why I have stated that I will assist Gfunk on the request.

The person you mentioned michael is miradu's email, one of the administrators. The other administrators are James Hromadka and Marcus, the site owner. Michael started college this year and has been stuck with school work. Marcus is busy with the stores. James does a most of the front page reporting plus the more recent changes here at the forum.

As Gfunk stated, as moderators here we do not really have much authority except to help enforce the rules when the exchange gets out of hand.

Nonetheless, we will push for the separate forum to create the new forum.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by veblen
    3. Can we start a separate forum on another site for discussion of all things GoodLink - including GoodLink use on Windows Mobile devices??
    GoodGuy, others who have posted in support of a dedicated GoodLink forum:

What about HowardForums? It would seem an excellent place to have a a dedicated GoodLink forum, maybe within their Smartphone/PDA section. I bet they'd be open to creating the forum and allowing you to be a moderator, GoodGuy.

With the sheer volume of mobile device users on HowardForums, there are sure to be some knowledgable people with valuable input who will find their way there from searches of the forums.

GoodLink is also supporting more and more devices other than PalmOS - another reason for a dedicated GoodLink forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast