Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Is there a way to have the palm pre have panning wallpaper like the android operating systems? possibly a patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatalpuls3 View Post
    Is there a way to have the palm pre have panning wallpaper like the android operating systems? possibly a patch
    not on home screen. Only animated backgrounds the pre can have are application backgrounds. Like messaging, email, contacts, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    not on home screen. Only animated backgrounds the pre can have are application backgrounds. Like messaging, email, contacts, etc.
    He's not talking about animated, he's talking about when you switch app pages, the background moves with it, it's not so much an animation. The background you have is zoomed in to the center, and if you go over an app page, the background shifts right 10px or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    He's not talking about animated, he's talking about when you switch app pages, the background moves with it, it's not so much an animation. The background you have is zoomed in to the center, and if you go over an app page, the background shifts right 10px or so.
    oh ok. I misunderstood. my bad
    and not true, there are themes/patches that allow for animated gifs to be used as wallpaper on webos devices. Just search the forums for animated wallpaper or animated background.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    and not true, there are themes/patches that allow for animated gifs to be used as wallpaper on webos devices. Just search the forums for animated wallpaper or animated background.
    only on topbar. not for the home screen. But like I said messaging , contacts, phone, email, just about everything else is patchable
    One workaround that I used to do was just have a blank launcher page, 1 page out of 10 or whatever, and with the animated launcher page, you could leave it open with the animated gif doing its thing. It looked cool and all, but very demanding on the battery. I ended up removing it, but it was pretty
    cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatalpuls3 View Post
    I try to do this and it will not work, sorry.
    I set up an image to be 320x1280 for four pages but it was a no go.
    we do not have access to the files we need to change to make it work.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<