Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke74896 View Post
    Yes but how am I supposed tp download it onto my phone? When I send it to my email and it downloads it says file format not supported. And when I send it to my photos it is really blurry. Can anyone help?
    if you're trying to download the original pre 2 wallpaper, then just visit this forum page on your phone - via the mobile portal - and go to the image, click on it (it should open full size), and press the option key (aka gray button, or the orange button on the orig. Pre) and tap the image. then click on 'copy to photos'. it should then be in a Miscellaneous folder in the native Photos app.
    So whats the word on the red flowers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosh11 View Post
    So whats the word on the red flowers?
    I dunno. but if I get one more email from this thread that doesn't include the actual photo, i'll.....be very upset x___x
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    I dunno. but if I get one more email from this thread that doesn't include the actual photo, i'll.....be very upset x___x
    Haha yeah, I would be too if I got PM's that didnt include it too. It can't be that hard to track down if you know someone with the test device...like deiter...
    Heres a fake one I did in photoshop to hold you over until the real one is posted.

Palm Pre @800Mhz /WebOS 1.4.5 Uberkernel
    Seidio Innocase /Skinomi Skin

Like we can see in phonescoop review, the red flower wallpaper is available in pre 2, so I hope that someone will post that here in original resolution:

[QUOTE=ipatrick;2737307]Like we can see in phonescoop review, the red flower wallpaper is available in pre 2, so I hope that someone will post that here in original resolution:

[IMG]

seriously
    Can someone use WOSQI to receive the wallpapers from the webOS 2.0 doctor (and then post the new "red flower" wallpaper here)?

I think it should be at: /media/internal/wallpapers/

(I'd do it, but my connection is too slow to justify the download time for doctor.)
    can you lead me through it? O.o
    Last edited by cmilette; 11/02/2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling error
    can you lead me thought it? O.o
    1. Download webOS 2.0 doctor

2. Run webOS Repair Utility (I misidentified it in my previous post as WOSQI)

3. Restore specific file: /media/internal/wallpapers/01.jpg [may be 02.jpg, etc.]

4. After the restoration of the wallpaper, use your phone as a usb, and copy the "red flower" jpg from your phone to your computer.

5. Post the "red flower" jpg here.

As I typed the above, I began to think that webOS Repair Utility may not be able to "restore" the file because your phone is running a different version of webOS... Worth a shot, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    Can someone use WOSQI to receive the wallpapers from the webOS 2.0 doctor (and then post the new "red flower" wallpaper here)?

I think it should be at: /media/internal/wallpapers/

(I'd do it, but my connection is too slow to justify the download time for doctor.)
    -attempting now-
    1. Download webOS 2.0 doctor

2. Run webOS Repair Utility (I misidentified it in my previous post as WOSQI)

3. Restore specific file: /media/internal/wallpapers/01.jpg [may be 02.jpg, etc.]

4. After the restoration of the wallpaper, use your phone as a usb, and copy the "red flower" jpg from your phone to your computer.

5. Post the "red flower" jpg here.

As I typed the above, I began to think that webOS Repair Utility may not be able to "restore" the file because your phone is running a different version of webOS... Worth a shot, no?
    ERROR: Selected webOSDoctor does not correspond to the webOS build/version of the connected device : ( oh well
    Last edited by cmilette; 11/02/2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: tried it - didn't work
    Im not the most technical person in the world, but I dunno how to...restore.
    run me through that
    1. Run webOS Repair Utility

2. Click "Tools"

3. Click "Restore Specific File"

4. In "File To Restore" field, type: /media/internal/wallpapers/01.jpg [may be 02.jpg, etc.]

5. When prompted to chose webOS doctor, select the webos 2.0 doctor

6. Cross your fingers (the more I read, the more I think it won't work because you're running a different version of webOS on your phone...).
    Last edited by Quills; 11/02/2010 at 09:41 PM.
    1. Run webOS Repair Utility

2. Click "Tools"

3. Click "Restore Specific File"

4. In "File To Restore" field, type: /media/internal/wallpapers/01.jpg [may be 02.jpg, etc.]

5. When prompted to chose webOS doctor, select the webos 2.0 doctor

6. Cross your fingers (the more I read, the more I think it won't work because you're running a different version of webOS on your phone...).
    thanks for being patient : )
    but it didn't work, unfortunately.
    it ended up saying:
    "ERROR: Selected webOSDoctor does not correspond to the webOS build/version of the connected device "
    FWIW, I lurked over to the "Pre 2 webOS doctor available" thread, and was told that rwhitby posted the wallpaper somewhere...

I searched rwhitby's recent posts that contained the word "wallpaper", but couldn't find anything...

dunno.
    I looked through every file in the 2.0 doctor and couldn't find the wallpaper. I did find some very interesting other stuff... but no extra wallpaper. It just be buried in another file deep in there somewhere. Either that, or it isn't included in the EU version.
    Must have red flowers
    Ok folks... here's the scoop.

Wallpapers are carrier-specific and are not the same across all of them. The ONLY new wallpaper included in the current 2.0 release is the one Dieter posted.

I dug through the files, and other members dug even deeper and found only ONE wallpaper referenced (the one you have).

Perhaps when a 2.0 version is released for another carrier they will have a couple new wallpapers included. But for now, you can stop requesting- the one you are looking for isn't in the current release.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/03/2010 at 03:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Red flowers.... *snif* *snif* red flowers....

The previous one that was posted by dieter is fine.(IMO

[i]--Sent from my palm pre
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast