Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I need the full path name for the current wallpaper.

Thanks
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    When a image is set to be the wallpaper, it does not get moved or copied to a specific location. The location of the image you choose to be the active wallpaper is then flagged to the OS for use.

The default location for wallpapers is /media/internal/wallpapers

Or did I miss what you are looking for?
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    When a image is set to be the wallpaper, it does not get moved or copied to a specific location. The location of the image you choose to be the active wallpaper is then flagged to the OS for use.

Humm, then I have a different problem than I thought.

Is there way way to reset the webos flag for which wallpaper is set?
    Tom
    Change your wallpaper

Your wallpaper is the screen background in Card view. You can customize the wallpaper to show a favorite picture.

1. Open Screen & Lock .
    2. Tap Change Wallpaper.
    3. Do one of the following:
    * Use an existing picture as the background: Tap the album containing the picture, and tap the picture.
    * Use a new picture as the background: Tap New Photo and take the picture.
    4. (Optional) Do either or both of the following:
    * To capture the portion of the picture you want for your wallpaper: Tap, hold, and drag the picture. The portion in the onscreen box becomes the wallpaper.
    * To zoom out or in on a part of the picture: Pinch in or out on the picture.
    5. Tap Set Wallpaper.

From Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Screen preferences and settings
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Humm, then I have a different problem than I thought.

Is there way way to reset the webos flag for which wallpaper is set?
    What issue are you having?
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    What issue are you having?
    I'm running the Emulator and I have a white background. Can not set a wallpaper. Seems like the wallpaper pointer is busted.
    Tom
    That I won't be able to directly assist on.

You might try posting in http://forums.precentral.net/webos-developer-forums/ and see if any of the devs there can assit in troubleshooting your issue.

This is incorrect (although almost correct - just missing a period). The actual location of the currently active wallpaper (at least on v1.4.5 devices) is the hidden folder:
    /media/internal/.wallpapers

When an application (or the system via Screen & Lock) sets an active wallpaper, it is copied into this hidden folder.

However, if you're looking for it in the emulator, it's a different location. Applications don't need to know the exact location since there's a system API that lets them get and/or set the wallpaper.

If you're having trouble in the emulator, I'd start by shutting it down and starting it up again. If you're still unable to use the Screen & Lock, Set Wallpaper function to set it after a restart, then something may have happened to your emulator image. In that case, I'd suggest you uninstall and reinstall the SDK.

It's odd, but the emulator is a virtual PC and sometimes things can go haywire ...