Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Animated Top Bar Patch

Garrett92C gets all the credit.

Install patch via WebOS Quick Install.

The .gif picture needs to be named "tbbg.gif"

Place that into /media/internal/wallpapers/. When you plug your phone in via USB and go into USB mode, just go into the "wallpapers" folder from there.

Restart Luna.

You should have it!

Here are some pictures to get you started with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by squeezy; 07/28/2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Rnp likes this.

Joemh008 made this tbbg. Nice work
    Sureal_1.gif

top-bar-bg.gif

Warp_Dream.gif
    Last edited by warlord9159; 08/08/2010 at 11:29 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

wow....u guys just never cease to amaze me with this stuff.
    this patch is by far one of the best as far as animated goes imho !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just want a bit of clarification. Do these slow down the performance of my phone?
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
    wow this is sweet only one problem I have no idea how to do this
    Wow, those look great. How's battery life with using the animated top bar? And how well do these work on a non-overclocked phone?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    Wow, those look great. How's battery life with using the animated top bar? And how well do these work on a non-overclocked phone?
    No testing has been done for battery life performance. When I look in Govnah though, it being the only card open, the CPU looks to be idling while the top bar animation is playing, based on that I believe it will take a little hit on the battery.

I also have my Pre clocked at 1.2 GHz, it doesn't like to go under 900 MHz, so I cannot test it at stock speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    I just want a bit of clarification. Do these slow down the performance of my phone?
    Not on my OC'd pre running at either 900 MHz or 1.2 GHz, the animation itself may lag from time to time, but the phone does not.
    i wouldnt use on a nonclocked phone myself . but no one i know of has tested with a non overclocked phone so far. these are very easy to install just go to this thread and on the first page is a list of back ground patch you can try . be aware that theme will stop these from installing so you will want to uninstall any themes first thing . also there are a selct few patches that will need to be uninstalled before installing a select few bg patches.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ck-ground.html
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10.    #10  
    # 15 rocks

Also, transparent gifs look bad, uploaded them to show.
    also if you open more than two or three animated back grounds at the same time you may have some lag but thats the only time unless you use the launcher bg and thats because it renders continuiously .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    the center one on here is the one that would not work for me carl .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Yep, it just won't animate for me. Doesn't matter what I try. I just have static image in the top bar.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the center one on here is the one that would not work for me carl .
    I switched to the first one that was listed in your quote, from warlord and now it works!

It was the pinkish colored one that wasn't working for me.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    yeah that center one must have lost the ani. in animation lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    The recent influx of animated background patches is really laughable to me as My multi-scrim does t
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Yes ans Yes!

Ive been testing scrim patches for over 6 mos now and I will tell you w/out a doubt this WILL decrease battery life as its in use all of the time and you wont notice much if any decrease in speed if you are O/Cd 800mhz min.

If you are stock do not use this as it will slow down your pre and KILL your battery rather quickly.

Like shadavis said earlier (almost correct) the launcher patch renders continuiosly ( the correct part) but this patch runs all of the time as well.

Let me say garrett does great work but use at your own risk.

This and has since day one and this is exactly the same as my scrim translucent top bar patch.
    All you have to do is rename the .gif to statusbar-scrim.png and youre done.

EDIT! Sorry Having a really bad day!

Edit: This as w/ my scrim translucent does not work correctly if you have any of the battery as icon or % patches. It will install and work but you will see a blackbox around the battery section.
    Last edited by 2sslow; 07/29/2010 at 10:02 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yes ans Yes!

Ive been testing scrim patches for over 6 mos now and I will tell you w/out a doubt this WILL decrease battery life as its in use all of the time and you wont notice much if any decrease in speed if you are O/Cd 800mhz min.

If you are stock do not use this as it will slow down your pre and KILL your battery rather quickly.

Like shadavis said earlier (almost correct) the launcher patch renders continuiosly ( the correct part) but this patch runs all of the time as well.

Let me say garrett does great work but use at your own risk.

The recent influx of animated background patches is really laughable to me as My multi-scrim does this and has since day one and this is exactly the same as my scrim translucent top bar patch.
    All you have to do is rename the .gif to statusbar-scrim.png and youre done.

I love how everybody now is just taking my patches and changing the location to the wallpaper folder and renaming it and claiming credit! But w/e thats why its called open source!

Some credit would be nice though. lol

Edit: This as w/ my scrim translucent does not work correctly if you have any of the battery as icon or % patches. It will install and work but you will see a blackbox around the battery section.
    love your multi scrim patches -- have used them alot -- never once did i see you mention animated backgrounds -- while your patches may have had the capability i was never once driven by you in your threads to try installing animated gifs as scrims -- so while you do deserve credit for your patches -- i am personally giving kudos to garret92 and carl -the warlord --

thanks to all for the things they have allowed my phone to do and thanks to you too sir --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

There is an easy fix for battery patch black bar problem. Just open up the battery patch in notepad(++) and change the background css properties to "transparent." I believe there are three references. Then save, uninstall and reinstall the patch. Worked for me.

Edit: Here is a cool gif. Side note, it is really difficult to find a accurate gif of falling matrix code.

Last edited by R_E; 07/27/2010 at 11:35 PM.
    It is a known fact that the patches reduce your battery life.
    its in big text on the front page of the thread.
    if it effects your battery life that much, please please remove the patches.

I've been running the patches for over two weeks and I know the battery goes faster
    but I like how it looks and so does every one I show it to.
    It's a nice conversation starter

enjoy the patches here. test all you can. have fun with it.
    If any patch you find on here or anywhere do not fit your needs, remove them.
    Try more
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Oh cool, a patch war is brewing lol.

First off, thanks 2sslow for the compliment.

I'm not quite sure which one of my patches was modified by someone else to use a gif for top-bar-bg, but I can guarantee you that I have never copied someone's code and claimed it as my own. All my work is original.

I'm not on my laptop, so I can't see which patch you guys modified. I'm not even sure you modified one of my patches lol.
Page 1 of 20 12345611 ... LastLast