Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I'm trying to find a .gif where the top bar gets filled up by beer, suds and everything, perhaps even a text/messaging background or other background would be awesome too. Gosh, that would be so bad a** haha.

* real beer too. Not animated. Lol
    RollEmUp,

I was bored and found a beer gif as your top bar. Lemme know how it works!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm standing here holding my Pre Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by new2pre View Post
    RollEmUp,

I was bored and found a beer gif as your top bar. Lemme know how it works!!!!
    Dude thats awesome! Thank you very much

I'll give it a try later at some point, and let you know how it works.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    No problem !!!
    I'm standing here holding my Pre Pre
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I love this patch. It's a nice way to get some animation onto the Pre's screens, and the only way to get animation on the home screen. Here are a few "plasma streams" that I came up with.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Those are very cool garavin
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Those are very cool garavin
    Thanks. I found a script for the GIMP that creates animated lightning images. I just created a few, then cropped and scaled the images to get the right dimensions, and turned them on their sides. Voila! Instant plasma streams.

It looks like the parameters on the script can be changed to create some other effects. I'll play around with it some more and see what I come up with.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    cool
    I tried looking up some .gif files and not very happy with the results as compared to what has already been posted between this and the other thread regarding animated backgrounds. I don't know if you guys are making them yourselves, if you are, great job and if you're not, you know something I don't. Pretty much every site I've tried searching for some .gif's, they look like a 12 year old drew them. I did find a couple half decent ones(I'll attatch them) but for the most part, pretty pathetic. If someone wants to steer me in the right direction, feel free(if that's allowed). Otherwise, I'll just have to rely on you guys to keep putting them up there.
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/14/2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Here's a few more, courtesy of GIMP scripts...
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I tried looking up some .gif files and not very happy with the results as compared to what has already been posted between this and the other thread regarding animated backgrounds. I don't know if you guys are making them yourselves, if you are, great job and if you're not, you know something I don't. Pretty much every site I've tried searching for some .gif's, they look like a 12 year old drew them. I did find a couple half decent ones(I'll attatch them) but for the most part, pretty pathetic. If someone wants to steer me in the right direction, feel free(if that's allowed). Otherwise, I'll just have to rely on you guys to keep putting them up there.
    If you have an image manipulation program like Photoshop or the GIMP (there are many others out there; those are the two that I'm familiar with), it's not terribly difficult to create animated GIFs, particularly if you stick to abstract images.

As you said, you can find plenty of animated GIFs online, but the quality varies widely. Not sure why, but a lot of them do seem to be cartoonish-- I may be recalling this wrong, but I think at some point in the past GIFs were restricted in their color depth, so getting realistic color gradients into the images was problematic.

In any event, to make images like the ones you posted work, they'd need to be resized significantly (at least if you want to use them for the top bar) with a corresponding loss of detail.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    That was a mybad for not putting them in the animated background forum but being that the same people were taking care of all of them, thought they may or may not be interested in them.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Here are some more plasma-type gifs. I'm calling these Plasma Storm.

I turned down the glow on these so that they don't have such a bright core (which tends to blot out the white characters/icons on the top bar). I also took a systematic approach to creating them. Each of these 12 images uses the same settings in the GIMP script, except that for each I changed the Hue value by 30, to get a (more or less) complete spectrum. I also changed reduced the number of images in the gif to 20 (the ones above had 50) to keep the file sizes down.

Here's the first installment:
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Plasma Storm installment two:
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Plasma Storm installment three:
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    Thanks. I found a script for the GIMP that creates animated lightning images. I just created a few, then cropped and scaled the images to get the right dimensions, and turned them on their sides. Voila! Instant plasma streams.

It looks like the parameters on the script can be changed to create some other effects. I'll play around with it some more and see what I come up with.
    You rock garavin!! \m/

You have been posting some really cool plasma .GIF's
    Now I am going to swap out a different plasma every day, very
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    Here's a few more, courtesy of GIMP scripts...
    can you make some that melt from the top to the bottom
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    I'll give it a shot...
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Let me know if this is what you had in mind. They actually use a script that is supposed to create a flaming effect (hence the file names), but used with different gradients and squashed down, I can see how they look kind of melty.

BTW, I did find another script that will melt an image. The effect doesn't look that great with small abstract images such as color gradients, but if I can find some actual pictures that I can crop out, I might get something useful out of that script as well.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Here are a couple more of the inverted "melty" flame images...
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've also experimented with some ripple effects (via the GIMP's Wave animation filter).
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers