Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Good Lord I'm slow today.... I'll try that. <face palm>
    Sorry I was not so clear on how to do it.

Like I stated above.

name you gif image to
    tbbg

install patch.

restart device.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

LOL... curse you squeezy! That fixed it! Got it working now with the renamed .gif file.

Thanks for the help Warlord and squeezy! Looking forward to playing around with this one and seeing how different files look
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I take blame for that. The original patch was to be named "top-bar-bg.gif", but the new one is "tbbg.gif". I never changed my post to show that. Sorry guys.
    My bad. You did not no of this change. So all blame is on me.
    I forgot to let every one know about the change in that patch.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 07/28/2010 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL... curse you squeezy! That fixed it! Got it working now with the renamed .gif file.

Thanks for the help Warlord and squeezy! Looking forward to playing around with this one and seeing how different files look
    Cool.
    so glad you got it.
    have fun and I hope you like it.
    Remember, it will drain your battery a bit faster k

Weirdest thing. Got it working without too much trouble. Worked for an hour and then completely stopped. Can't get it going again. Ended up just uninstalling it.

ET
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thanks! This is awesome. I just installed all of this from Internalz.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Edit: I was wrong ... it will still work.

And just so others know, you have to uninstall any other patches pertaining to the top bar before it will work.
    Last edited by idoc21; 07/30/2010 at 07:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by idoc21 View Post
    And just so others know, you have to uninstall any other patches pertaining to the top bar before it will work.
    this is not necessarily true -- i got it working with all sorts of top bar patches installed -- utbmt , all of sconix's patches, change color of clock and carrier string, custom carrier string -- maybe more
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    nope not true at all , the top bar patch onlt messes with the top bar back ground . if you have a theme installed , then uninstall it first but thats it !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    this is not necessarily true -- i got it working with all sorts of top bar patches installed -- utbmt , all of sconix's patches, change color of clock and carrier string, custom carrier string -- maybe more
    If what 2sslow says is true, you can use animated gifs with any version of 'Ultimate Mod Tools - Top Bar'. Just name it 'top-bar-bg.png' and put it in /.scrims/umt-topbar/. I didn't know you could rename a gif as png and it would still work... This info will let me cut down on the amount of modded patches I need to make.
    i like the patch approach for changing the backgrounds myself . but hey thats why we are all different right lol just rename the gif to the bg you want messenger , top-bar-bg , email , contacts and so forth
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If what 2sslow says is true, you can use animated gifs with any version of 'Ultimate Mod Tools - Top Bar'. Just name it 'top-bar-bg.png' and put it in /.scrims/umt-topbar/. I didn't know you could rename a gif as png and it would still work... This info will let me cut down on the amount of modded patches I need to make.
    This is true! the pre still sees it as a .gif it apparently doesnt care what you name it.

For those who dont know, warlord,garrett, and myself do the same thing. our patches dont really change the backgrounds they are written to tell the Pre where to look for the image needed.
    normally the pre would look for a certain image in the default location ie /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/stylesheets/email.css. Our patches reroute that to /media/internal/scrims,wallpapers,whatever the dev wants. this makes it possible for the end user to change scrims easier than having to send images via wosqi or command line.

Hope this makes sense!

Now a Question, has anybody else noticed with an animated topbar image when you open the devise menu dropdown that the image transfers to that page as well?

See below:

BTW this is animated and moves back and forth equivalent to the top!

Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

13.    #53  
    I have tried, but I cannot recreate that. Is that using your topbar mod patch, or warlords top bar bg patch? It is interesting looking.. I have to say I kind of like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I have tried, but I cannot recreate that. Is that using your topbar mod patch, or warlords top bar bg patch? It is interesting looking.. I have to say I kind of like it.
    You are right I just tried garretts version and it doesnt do it.

Apparently it the way I coded mine? weird! I like it though,

This ones pretty cool too!

Last edited by 2sslow; 07/29/2010 at 11:19 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

could someone whos good at editing .gifs take this gif and get rid of the numbers, and stretch it out to specs so that i can use it as the top bar animation? that'd be awesome!

EDIT: It wont let me upload it as a gif so i'll just tell you what i'm talking about.

Its the gif that's in the first picture here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...d-bar-wip.html

i believe the specific file can be found in "sound bar kit - for musicplayer remix.zip" and it is called "album-art-overlay-dlbg".

if someone could do this for me and upload it here, i would be so happy.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    yes, this does work! awesome!
    actually, you need to put it in /.scrims, as opposed to /.scrims/umt-topbar/, don't you? that's where i put it and it works well. i don't even have a directory /.scrims/umt-topbar/ from installing the umttb patch
    Installed patch via QI.
    Saved file to wallpapers.
    Renamed "tbbg.gif.

Not Working...
    What i'm i doing wrong?

nevermind...keep up the good work guys.
    got the pop lockin stick guy.
    Last edited by rigatoni1374; 07/30/2010 at 08:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I stand corrected! When I first installed it, nothing happened so I went back and removed other top bar patches, restarted again, and then it worked. But it must have been something else. I just re-installed my top bar patches and everything works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    could someone whos good at editing .gifs take this gif and get rid of the numbers, and stretch it out to specs so that i can use it as the top bar animation? That'd be awesome!

Edit: It wont let me upload it as a gif so i'll just tell you what i'm talking about.

Its the gif that's in the first picture here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...d-bar-wip.html

i believe the specific file can be found in "sound bar kit - for musicplayer remix.zip" and it is called "album-art-overlay-dlbg".

If someone could do this for me and upload it here, i would be so happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by warlord9159; 10/06/2010 at 05:32 PM.

thanks so much warlord!
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast