Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Hello WebOS users! I have just recently purchased a Palm Pixi Plus, and after reading a bit on the web, I have discovered that HP pulled the plug on Palm services. So I would like to know what I need to get my Pixi up and running when it gets here. I bought it online and it will be arriving soon, but I want to have all the resources and tools ready to go so that when it arrives, I can get it up and running as soon as possible.
    Any help is appreciated,
    Thank you!
    well, the first tip would be to bypass activation (check for the it on the forums). then insert your SIM card and you are good to go. basically you will get phone calls and text messages. if you need anything else look for the exact topic in the forums since most of the built-in applications require patches to continue working (when syncing with google, outlook, etc.)
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

Unfortunately, the Pixi is limited to webOS 1.4.5. Many of the fixes are only available for later versions.

The Pre & Pixi in 2014 | pivotCE

Have a read of the links below...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/01/2016 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE

Unfortunately, the Pixi is limited to webOS 1.4.5. Many of the fixes are only available for later versions.

The Pre & Pixi in 2014 | pivotCE

Have a read of the links below...
    Thankfully the openssl update works on 1.4.5, so Gmail still works.. unfortunately contact and calendar sync do not work for Google accounts. I can't remember which services still sync.. I keep wiping my 1.4.5 devices to test other things!
    Preemptive likes this.
    Hotmail/Outlook.com is definitely two-way for contacts and calendar on 1.4.5. I added an event and edited a contact and the changes showed on my other devices.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you all so much! Fortunately I don't use any Microsoft services, so I only thing I would need to work is gmail! Does the browser work still or do I need to patch it?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE