Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    I would like to try to change the background color of agendaZ because I don't like ay of the options. I want normal black font on white background.

So does it involve finding the code within the files and changing it? or have to make a patch. Sorry for my ignorance.
    I think a patch is simply the automated version of manually changing the code. If you can find the code in the app (maybe in the CSS file), you can change it in a text editor. The HTML method of specifying colours is with hexcode for Red, Green, Blue. Black is #000000 and white is #FFFFFF.

You might want to first copy the file you change and swap the files so you can restore the app if there's a problem (you probably have app backups anyway by now, right?)

I don't know exactly how patch files work, but I think they specifiy the files and line numbers of the code to be changed (with a copy of the code). The patching process makes a file of the original code so it can be restored if the patch is removed.

If you work out how to do this, perhaps you could write it up for pivotCE?
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I think a patch is simply the automated version of manually changing the code. If you can find the code in the app (maybe in the CSS file), you can change it in a text editor. The HTML method of specifying colours is with hexcode for Red, Green, Blue. Black is #000000 and white is #FFFFFF.

You might want to first copy the file you change and swap the files so you can restore the app if there's a problem (you probably have app backups anyway by now, right?)

I don't know exactly how patch files work, but I think they specifiy the files and line numbers of the code to be changed (with a copy of the code). The patching process makes a file of the original code so it can be restored if the patch is removed.

If you work out how to do this, perhaps you could write it up for pivotCE?
    OK. Thanks
    Aren't you able to open anything on device with internalz in master mode? Couldn't you comb through until you find the parameters for color value and just change it?

I know nothing about this, but something as simple as a color value I would guess could be tweaked without causing a problem.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Aren't you able to open anything on device with internalz in master mode? Couldn't you comb through until you find the parameters for color value and just change it?

I know nothing about this, but something as simple as a color value I would guess could be tweaked without causing a problem.
    Interesting. So you think I can do it on device like changing icons.

I would also wanna try making spotify and reciva stop when bluetooth disconnected
    Last edited by laingman; 02/21/2015 at 04:33 PM.
    It always helps to save the original as dot old, then go ahead and try modifying the file directly, and save as the dot whatever it was originally. But even if you didn't what is the worst, uninstall/reinstall? PSH. Try it and report your result. Everything I've opened with internalz on device looks like a simple text file. Should be able to have full control to edit with internalz pro in master mode, reboot and open it up.
    I always try to make a habit of making a copy of the entire app folder, in case I need to change more than one file, and not forget to make backups of everything. That also makes generating a patch much easier.
  8.    #8  
    I opened in internalz pro and managed to change background to gray. Need to change text to black, not sure what to edit to change that yet
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I opened in internalz pro and managed to change background to gray. Need to change text to black, not sure what to edit to change that yet

Did you try copying the whole file to a word program with a Find function, so you could search for that color value mentioned above? Maybe the value will lead you to the command.

I don't know how big the file you're working in is...
    I have tested a bit with changing values in the css file, but I have only been able to partially cgange things, not much time to test though, still this to me seems the right approach.

It depends though on how consequent the css file was used

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Did you try copying the whole file to a word program with a Find function, so you could search for that color value mentioned above? Maybe the value will lead you to the command.

I don't know how big the file you're working in is...
    Yeah, Ill try again over the weekend, I am familiar with using notepad ++ from modifying my desktop browser.Thanks.
    Last edited by laingman; 02/24/2015 at 01:52 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    I have tested a bit with changing values in the css file, but I have only been able to partially cgange things, not much time to test though, still this to me seems the right approach.

It depends though on how consequent the css file was used

Turns out to be more complicated than I thought, especially for a non-coder like me. So far I have background changed and one of the texts changed to black.

Come weekend I will look at the stock music player or remix to see if I can find the code to stop on bluetooth disconnect to copy to spotify if possible
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Well you're a coder NOW man!

I just took a look in a css file to see what's in there just because I never really have. Using internalz pro, I navigated to /usr/palm/applications and looked inside com. palm.app.email

I opened the stylesheets folder and saw several CSS files so I just opened each and looked for #FFFFs or anything similar.

I saw things like this:

color:#555555

or

color: #FFF

So the next thing I would try, is plugging the device into a PC, navigating to the folder for agendaZ, and opening all of its CSS files individually with notepad, then use its Find function and search for the word "color". Will windows explorer browse to those files? Do you need to associate the CSS file extension to open with notepad? Idk.

Since you are trying to change some color you don't like, if that color isn't black or white, you can ignore any instances where you see those values. You are looking for the value of whatever color it is you want to replace. Idk what that color is, but if you had the value, you could search for it specifically.

You could also use a known color value as a" tracer," like whatever is the value for hot pink, and sub it in, then open app and see what changed.

Good luck!
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 02/25/2015 at 07:59 AM.
    I have changed my original, but I can tell you Agendaz uses one CSS file only

But color: is used only in one or two locations.

Further complication, flipping agendaz of the screen, does not always close it completely, changing the css file and opening Agendaz again, will show the old settings.

I need to reboot to be able to get the new values to load

15.    #15  
    I changed the text to black, the text at the top with the current date and time remained white. But in landscape mode its black. Any ideas?