Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Hello All.

I've just bought my "new" pre2 and doctored it bypassing the activation since I've just realized that hp stopped its services for webos. Everything works fine but the sms conversations. I can send one sms but after that the conversation become locked. May I do something in order to correct this problem? Maybe through impostah?

Thank you very much for your patience,
    Danilo
    I JUST had this exact problem. I am sad to report that I could not figure it out. I BELIEVE it had something to do with using Impostah to delete the leftover Palm Profile and Dr. Skipper First Use accounts. The only thing that got it to work was a trip to the webOS Doctor. After I doctored and bypassed activation, texts worked like they should.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Did you log back in to a profile using Impostah after you doctored? I'm determined to get to the bottom of this, because I'm worried it could be a problem after the servers are shut down and we have no way to log in.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by danilo spada View Post
    Hello All.

I've just bought my "new" pre2 and doctored it bypassing the activation since I've just realized that hp stopped its services for webos. Everything works fine but the sms conversations. I can send one sms but after that the conversation become locked. May I do something in order to correct this problem? Maybe through impostah?

Thank you very much for your patience,
    Danilo
    HP services (except app purchase) are available until March 15th, so perhaps making a profile is the easiest solution..?

And except, see above. Maybe this would just defer the problem to that date. But I believe there are people who have been operating without a profile for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did you log back in to a profile using Impostah after you doctored? I'm determined to get to the bottom of this, because I'm worried it could be a problem after the servers are shut down and we have no way to log in.
    Nope. My Pre3 is the only webOS phone still attached to my profile. The rest have the remnants there but when I reset up the Veer (the phone that had the problem), I bypassed and sideloaded everything.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Nope. My Pre3 is the only webOS phone still attached to my profile. The rest have the remnants there but when I reset up the Veer (the phone that had the problem), I bypassed and sideloaded everything.
    My Pre3 is not logged in to a profile either, but I wasn't sure if I had at one time and then then logged out, but now that I think about it, I had that issue back in December and had to doctor and bypass activation, and never signed in after that. Of course, I lost my SMS history, but it does work now.
    I delete SMS history all the time. I think it makes the messaging app slow. Though it could be placebo.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I delete SMS history all the time. I think it makes the messaging app slow. Though it could be placebo.
    Oh, lots of SMS history definitely makes the messaging app slower. I just hate deleting it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    No, I didn't. In fact I've just got a pre2 never used on ebay (I've no profile on the servers).

I modified both webosdoctorp224pre2wr.jar and webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar through meta-doctor in order to bypass the activation. I tried both since I thought it was a problem of the former; but the latter give me the same bad result.

I'm trying to understand how impostah works since I believe it could help me but...
    Up top now I didn't find a solution.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danilo spada View Post
    No, I didn't. In fact I've just got a pre2 never used on ebay (I've no profile on the servers).

I modified both webosdoctorp224pre2wr.jar and webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar through meta-doctor in order to bypass the activation. I tried both since I thought it was a problem of the former; but the latter give me the same bad result.

I'm trying to understand how impostah works since I believe it could help me but...
    Up top now I didn't find a solution.
    Having bypassed the activation, the way you that, what Accounts show up in the Accounts app, and if you go into device info?

Do you have a webos Account listed?

The other way to skip teh device activation creates a profile called something like DrSkippedFirstUse, it might be that you do not have any profile at all, which might be the reason the device cannot store msg's?

You might see a SIM account, which holds the contacts of that SIM, but MSG are related to the HP webOS Account

Which then leads me to another question, I suppose you can make calls, but do have a call history?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Having bypassed the activation, the way you that, what Accounts show up in the Accounts app, and if you go into device info? Do you have a webos Account listed?
    Originally the account template was "Palm profile".
    I modified it through impostah moving to "SIM", with no result.

The other way to skip teh device activation creates a profile called something like DrSkippedFirstUse, it might be that you do not have any profile at all, which might be the reason the device cannot store msg's?
    That seems to be the actual behaviuor of the pre.
    Sorry horzel, I can't find the way to create the "something like DrSkippedFirstUse" profile.
    How may I do it?

You might see a SIM account, which holds the contacts of that SIM, but MSG are related to the HP webOS Account
    See above :-)

Which then leads me to another question, I suppose you can make calls, but do have a call history?
    Exactly, no call history :-)
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Just to say, I have recently bypassed activation on Pre2 EU (might as well say goodbye to HP now), and I have no problems with call history and messaging app. And yes, I'm Dr. Skipped Firstuse

I did not modify doctor (version webosdoctorp224pre2wr.jar, btw), just entered #*DEVMODE# on first run. Maybe try this way?
    T5, CliƩ NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Well that is what I am wondering as well, on a Pre2 you would not need a modified DR, so might the problem be in there?

Currently not having time to test this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    Just to say, I have recently bypassed activation on Pre2 EU (might as well say goodbye to HP now), and I have no problems with call history and messaging app. And yes, I'm Dr. Skipped Firstuse

I did not modify doctor (version webosdoctorp224pre2wr.jar, btw), just entered #*DEVMODE# on first run. Maybe try this way?
    Yes, this does the trick.

- I came back to the original system (webosdoctorp224pre2wr.jar)
    - At the first prompt I entered the DEV MODE simply writing #*3386633#
    - the palm pre2 reboted and... here it is, working like a charm !

The profile is "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" and everything works correctly.

Thank you very much,
    Danilo
  15.    #15  
    I just did the same on the palm pre plus of my wife with its original system: webosdoctorp101ueu-wr.jar
    Everything works correctly. Thank you very much!
    All the best,
    Danilo