Like Tree13Likes
  • 8 Post By davodego
  • 5 Post By davodego
  1.    #1  
    I'm very glad to tell you about a WebOS Device Repair Service in Germany.

For a german version of this thread got to http://fca.irgendwieanders.eu/displa...454f2c65d4436b

The service is in test phase.

See https://aventer.biz/?clang=1 for details in english
    and https://aventer.biz/?clang=0 for Details in german.

We will try to rapair it sustainable. For that we will use secondhand and new spare parts.

Very important, we can not guarantee that the repair will work.

We can repair the following hardware:

Palm Pre
    Palm Pre Plus
    Palm Pre 2
    Palm Pixi
    Palm Pixi Plus
    HP Pre 3
    HP Touchpad (only black and 9.7)

Repair Service Logbook: http://fca.irgendwieanders.eu/displa...540fe667059232
    Last edited by davodego; 07/18/2015 at 11:29 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    That is utterly amazing! Wow. Really! After almost 4 years that much support is mind blasting!

I have a Pre3 with a dim corner. Is that something you could fix? It probably needs the screen replaced.

And I have a Touchpad with the "fake-death" to low battery issue. It is completely dead unitl by some miracle the "Ladeelektronik", I would call it, recognizes the battery again.

This problem is described in several threads in some length. Some say that they have sent it in and the issue vanished supposedly by some update which prevenents the touchpad from letting its battery drop to low.

I solved the problem up to now by using the touchstone charger and the normal usb-cable charging.

You do not happen to have, by some accident, a solution for this problem as well?

Well, may as it be, that is superb news!!!
    Last edited by GoJoe2; 01/27/2015 at 08:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    HP Touchpad (only black and 13' )
    What means 13'?
    I think the 13' means 13 centimeters, which means that the Go is not supported.

Looks like a nice site... not. It kinda looks suspicious, with all the weird German they're using. And their "Hostet in Germany" looks like a fake, because it doesn't exist and sounds like a poorly machine translated phrase.
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post

Looks like a nice site... not. It kinda looks suspicious, with all the weird German they're using. And their "Hostet in Germany" looks like a fake, because it doesn't exist and sounds like a poorly machine translated phrase.
    Though the site isn't very beautiful by todays standards I really can't see what's suspicious about it!?

And the German is completely ok (no nobel prize language - but that nobody expects such).
    I think the website is by the original poster not?

And he is publisher of the app shown on that site as well.

German law, or rather most EU countries state that we should use metrics standards, so that's why he is using cm instead of inches.

I do not think there is somethng wronh, just a fellow webos fan

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  7.    #7  

We will try to rapair it sustainable. For that we will use secondhand and new spare parts.

Palm Pre
    Palm Pre Plus
    Palm Pre 2
    Palm Pixi
    Palm Pixi Plus
    HP Pre 3
    TP 9.7, sorry for the failure.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    What means 13'?
    Corrected it to 9,7, sorry for the failure.
  9.    #9  

You'r fast to become suspicious. The Site is real. I've posted all the apps of the developer. He is a REAL friend of mine. Andreas Peters ist the Developer of RiLi, WebDav Client HD and Owncloud News Reader.
    If you don't trust me, see andreas-peters.net.

Why should anybody fake such a site, for a little community like our?
    Me and Andreas are webos Enthusiast and like to run our devices till the and of the time. I can not see a real replacement for webos. Then... repair it.

And, yes, the site is "Hosted in Germany" with german data privacy standarts.
    Last edited by davodego; 01/27/2015 at 10:19 AM.
    You'r fast to become suspicious. The Site is real. I've posted all the apps of the developer.

And, yes, the site is "Hosted in Germany" with german data privacy standarts.
    Well, scams on the internet ain't that rare, so of course I'd become suspicious. Especially when the website doesn't look that professional and basic grammar mistakes are made.

And about the "Hosted in Germany" thing. Did you notice that they replaced the 'd' from hosted with a 't'? It actually says "Hostet in Germany" which doesn't really make sense in either language.
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
  11.    #11  
    Well, scams on the internet ain't that rare, so of course I'd become suspicious. Especially when the website doesn't look that professional and basic grammar mistakes are made.

And about the "Hosted in Germany" thing. Did you notice that they replaced the 'd' from hosted with a 't'? It actually says "Hostet in Germany" which doesn't really make sense in either language.
    The hostet was just a spelling failure. Don't be so strict with us. We give our best
    I'm happy to see some interest in webos and devices, instead giving up. Thanks.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    I have a Pre3 with a dim corner. Is that something you could fix? It probably needs the screen replaced.
    Please go to the linked site and contact us for a repair request.

And I have a Touchpad with the "fake-death" to low battery issue. It is completely dead unitl by some miracle the "Ladeelektronik", I would call it, recognizes the battery again.

This problem is described in several threads in some length. Some say that they have sent it in and the issue vanished supposedly by some update which prevenents the touchpad from letting its battery drop to low.

I solved the problem up to now by using the touchstone charger and the normal usb-cable charging.
    I some cases a dead battery can solved by low loading the battery with the USB cable on a Coputers usb port till the battery has a small amount of load. Then you can use the charger to load. There is a thread about it in the forum.

Otherwise you can contact us for a repair trail.
  14.    #14  
    Opend a repair logbook. See bottom of the first post.

For a german version of this thread got to Irgendwieanders.eu Friendica

Palm Pre
    Palm Pre Plus
    Palm Pre 2
    Palm Pixi
    Palm Pixi Plus
    HP Pre 3

Repair Service Logbook:

- Doctoring HP Pre3, Bypass activation, install Preware