1.    #1  
    First we had youview, a great youmail client. Youmail changed something and the app was dead but the mobil site worked great. Now they have gone and switched to html 5 player which does not work in webos browser. (stopped working in opera desktop also)

They do send email with mp3 attachments, but I always preferred using their player instead of downloading messages.

So anyone know of other alternative for visual voicemail on webos? or is everyone still on carrier voicemail/don't care
    I've wanted to write a VVM client for what the GSM carriers use. It basically uses text message for notifications, and IMAP for retrieval.

Does YouMail have an API?
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I've wanted to write a VVM client for what the GSM carriers use. It basically uses text message for notifications, and IMAP for retrieval.

Does YouMail have an API?
    Not a public one you can sign up for, but i could probably sign up as a user and run the traffic through FiddlerCap, and then we can turn around and use that to patch the original YouMail ipk that laingman still has...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Not a public one you can sign up for, but I could probably sign up as a user and run the traffic through FiddlerCap, and then we can turn around and use that to patch the original YouMail ipk that laingman still has...
    Sadly, I don't have a copy of the ipk. This was so long ago before any talk of saving IPKs. Maybe if the developer wants to be nice he could donate it to us, doubtful as it maybe. He was pretty adamant that after the changes it would not work with webos version of webkit, or something like that. For those who never used it here is a youtube of what it looked like: I really miss how it would cycle the messages and missed calls in the notification area, instead of just the newest one.

Now I am no expert, but I did some research about youmail's latest changes, What they did to the desktop version and more recently the mobile site ( I assume) is to switch to html5 player and if the browser is not capable of playing that it is supposed to fall back to flash and play mp4, (or something to that effect) and opera does not support this due to it's not free and they don't have the license agreement. So youmail needed to include some other options which they neglected to do .I am not sure why it does not use the flash player in webos, but clicking on their new player in both browsers gets same popup--not possible to play any media format provided in setMedia() on this browser using your current options.
    Last edited by laingman; 01/14/2015 at 07:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Not a public one you can sign up for, but i could probably sign up as a user and run the traffic through FiddlerCap, and then we can turn around and use that to patch the original YouMail ipk that laingman still has...
    Not true, they do haved a public documented API here:

YouMail Developer Wiki [YouMail Developer Wiki]
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    Not true, they do haved a public documented API here:

YouMail Developer Wiki [YouMail Developer Wiki]
    Great. When i looked at their site two years ago, i don't recall seeing it