Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes
    @susanhilary: Maybe you could contact the dev's of Impostah. I can't help you downloading apps if your credentials are wrong :/
    Last edited by pattyland; 01/20/2015 at 03:53 PM.
    Problem with TP 4G. Cannot download apps.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Problem with TP 4G. Cannot download apps.
    Did you use your IMEI?
    Horzel's right. For the TP 4G, you need to use your IMEI. Drove me to distraction until I tried that. Use the directions for downloading apps for a phone and it'll work.
    HP Takeout worked for all my apps except for Maps from HP itself.

For some reason HP Takeout gives me the following error message:
    Not found The first App could not be found. This is really strange... Please check your apps.json! This app was checked: Maps
    I've tried it with different WebOS devices, always the same result.
    Is Maps from HP one of those apps which can't be backup up or is it just me doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your support.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by tenebrae View Post
    HP Takeout worked for all my apps except for Maps from HP itself.

For some reason HP Takeout gives me the following error message:

I've tried it with different WebOS devices, always the same result.
    Is Maps from HP one of those apps which can't be backup up or is it just me doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your support.
    I had a look for this ipk in my archive and discovered that my file was a mere 16 bytes! It reads, "file not found"!

I use 72ka's Google Maps | webOS Nation (last updated just over a month ago).

One thing that occurs to me is that this app was delivered with the original Enyo framework update & as a core app, may well be included in the webOS doctor you would use to reinstall your system. Anyone have any actual facts on this theory?
    com.palm.app.maps_3.1.32_all.ipk 2953kb
    downloaded successfully from the app catalog using the "manual" script

Somewhere I should have also the original maps based on google (the one that was dumped)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I had a look for this ipk in my archive and discovered that my file was a mere 16 bytes! It reads, "file not found"!

I use 72ka's Google Maps | webOS Nation (last updated just over a month ago).

One thing that occurs to me is that this app was delivered with the original Enyo framework update & as a core app, may well be included in the webOS doctor you would use to reinstall your system. Anyone have any actual facts on this theory?
    FYI: This problem is fixed now. HP Takeout checks wether the app really exists before downloading it
    Problem is that that app actually exists (as I mentioned it downloaded without issues using ipk-downloader)
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    FYI: This problem is fixed now. HP Takeout checks wether the app really exists before downloading it
    For me there were three apps with these effect (not download) via pivotce. Maps, GenTree HD and gPlus. But I've got the apps with help of the stopdelete patch.
    My Pre 2 -- definitely something weird with its Palm Profile signin and token--rather than figure it out, I found my old Palm Pixi, for which I had a differently Palm Profile. I was able to install all the free app catalog apps I care about onto the Pixi through the app catalog, then installed the fixed preware (the Pixi had been sitting dormant for a year) , installed impostah, and used that info for Takeout, which worked.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234