Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Hmmm... I'm not getting any errors or such... just nothing. Might it be a browser compatibility issue? I've tried Firefox IE and Chrome... though I realize I have AdBlock installed on all of them... I'm getting nowhere with the takeout.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Wonderful tool. I've got now a set of my apps for PixiPlus, Pre, Pre2, Pre3 and TouchPad.
    pattyland likes this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Holst View Post
    Hmmm... I'm not getting any errors or such... just nothing. Might it be a browser compatibility issue? I've tried Firefox IE and Chrome... though I realize I have AdBlock installed on all of them... I'm getting nowhere with the takeout.
    Chris, Try saving just a few apps at a time. I ended up saving my IPKs in batches of 10, to identify the problem files. You need to the beginning and ending brackets, and remove the comma from the second from the last closing bracket.. I never was able to get Assassin's Creed saved, but other files saved after I removed apostrophes.
    It is sorted out now. The fact that my first two apps were large had something to do with breaking things. Now that issue has been fixed.
    Preemptive and pattyland like this.
    This is great. Thank you so much.

I have a few touchpads all on the same account, same apps. Is it necessary to backup the apps for each Touchpad or will the ipks work on any of them?

Thanks!

Dave
    pattyland likes this.
    ipks will work on any of them ( there would be merit in downloading only some apps, usually paid, if you have them on different devices like pixi / veer / pre2 / touchpad and so on )
    While I agree that it should be that way, I had a problem installing some ipks from my att pre3 profile onto my EU pre3 until I set it to impersonate an att pre3.

I couldn't eliminate other potential variables, so that may not really be the cause/effect but it was part of the solution at the time.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    While I agree that it should be that way, I had a problem installing some ipks from my att pre3 profile onto my EU pre3 until I set it to impersonate an att pre3.

I couldn't eliminate other potential variables, so that may not really be the cause/effect but it was part of the solution at the time.
    This happened manually installing saved ipks ? or using the profile ?
    Everything seemed to work for my FrankenPre 2 on Sprint using HP Takeout and downloading the ipks for my apps, but the HP Takeout page listed one error message that I wanted to check on.

The deviceID from the Ipostah Palm device profile starts with MEID and not IMIE. (The HP Takeout form entry screen says all deviceIds start with IMEI.) When I entered MEID:xxxxxxxxxxx and submitted that with the Palm Profile token and the installed apps data, the page came back with all the apps and let me download them, but it did show an error message saying "Error Device ID/nduId not correct!". (I tried a second time replacing "MEID" with "IMEI", but then it would not give me a list of apps.) So, since it all worked listing MEID, do I just ignore that error message?
    I haven't used takeout, but I can tell you CDMA devices do not have IMEIs, they have MEIDs. It will only work with your MEID. Not knowing the system, I don't know what could have triggered the message, but you wouldn't have been able to get the apps with anything but the MEID.
    Quote Originally Posted by disdigg View Post
    This is great. Thank you so much.

I have a few touchpads all on the same account, same apps. Is it necessary to backup the apps for each Touchpad or will the ipks work on any of them?

Thanks!

Dave
    To be really sure: Get md5 hashes for the ipks, there are ways for all operating systems. If there hashes are different keep both ipks, if not keep only one

Quote Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
    Everything seemed to work for my FrankenPre 2 on Sprint using HP Takeout and downloading the ipks for my apps, but the HP Takeout page listed one error message that I wanted to check on.

The deviceID from the Ipostah Palm device profile starts with MEID and not IMIE. (The HP Takeout form entry screen says all deviceIds start with IMEI.) When I entered MEID:xxxxxxxxxxx and submitted that with the Palm Profile token and the installed apps data, the page came back with all the apps and let me download them, but it did show an error message saying "Error Device ID/nduId not correct!". (I tried a second time replacing "MEID" with "IMEI", but then it would not give me a list of apps.) So, since it all worked listing MEID, do I just ignore that error message?
    Hi NCCaniac, I didn't thought of CDMA and a MEID. The error you are getting is simply a length mismatch, because MEID seems to a different characters count then the IMEI. Please tell me the length and I will add this to the possible values
    Last edited by pattyland; 01/11/2015 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyland View Post
    To be really sure: Get md5 hashes for the ipks, there are ways for all operating systems. If there hashes are different keep both ipks, if not keep only one

Hi NCCaniac, I didn't thought of CDMA and a MEID. The error you are getting is simply a length mismatch, because MEID seems to a different characters count then the IMEI. Please tell me the length and I will add this to the possible values
    CDMA MEID length should be: MEID:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi. That was what I expected caused the error message. (I am software developer myself and it looked like a case of just input validation missing one case.) :-) I see someone above posted the length for MEID strings and that is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCaniac View Post
    Hi. That was what I expected caused the error message. (I am software developer myself and it looked like a case of just input validation missing one case.) :-) I see someone above posted the length for MEID strings and that is correct.
    So I added 19 chars to a possible value for device id. Should work now
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Interesting : on my veer i'm allowed to download classic, but I'm not allowed to downlpad via script.
    Another fact: GenTreeHD, Maps and gPlus are not downloadable
    @Gwidion: What do you mean with "classic"? Is that an app, or are you referring to the classic way via App Catalog?

Which errors do you get with GenTree HD etc?
    When I try takeout I am getting that same message:

Access denied Please check the values above, they are not correct!

The MEID is certainly correct and the token is the one generated by impostah.

Possibly related clue: my palm profile backup has done "backup failed" --hasnt worked since April 2014. Not that I ordinarily care, but does something not recognize me?

When I try to go ahead and download the apps that are generated (correctly, that part didnt have errors) it says forbidden (I guess because access denied) and asks if I am sure I purchased those apps. (all my apps are free ones.

So is there some way to generate a "better" token? Could I run impostah on an old pixi plus to generate a different token, but have it save the apps from my pre 2?
    I will try again now that you have made a CDMA length fix!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by susanhilary View Post
    When I try takeout I am getting that same message:

Access denied Please check the values above, they are not correct!

The MEID is certainly correct and the token is the one generated by impostah.

Possibly related clue: my palm profile backup has done "backup failed" --hasnt worked since April 2014. Not that I ordinarily care, but does something not recognize me?

When I try to go ahead and download the apps that are generated (correctly, that part didnt have errors) it says forbidden (I guess because access denied) and asks if I am sure I purchased those apps. (all my apps are free ones.

So is there some way to generate a "better" token? Could I run impostah on an old pixi plus to generate a different token, but have it save the apps from my pre 2?
    @susanhilary: Please don't post and write emails, it causes more confusion and work then success.

As you already have written, there seems to be something wrong with your Palm Profile. The token is not "generated" by Impostah, but readouted, so there is no "better one"

Did you change your Palm Profile, maybe to get apps from another country or something? Can you download new free apps from the App Catalog?

I guess a token from another device will work if it's the same profile.

You could try to contact HP too, this is definitely not an error with pivotCE's Takeout
    @susanhilary: Please don't post and write emails, it causes more confusion and work then success.

As you already have written, there seems to be something wrong with your Palm Profile. The token is not "generated" by Impostah, but readouted, so there is no "better one"

Did you change your Palm Profile, maybe to get apps from another country or something? Can you download new free apps from the App Catalog?

I guess a token from another device will work if it's the same profile.

You could try to contact HP too, this is definitely not an error with pivotCE's Takeout
    I'm in the US, I have never changed my palm profile, and yes I can still download free apps from the official app catalog. Also, I got two different tokens on different occasions of opening impostah, both of which are invalid. I don't know how that happens, which is why I thought it was "generated." sorry about the double-posting/email.
    Last edited by susanhilary; 01/16/2015 at 01:42 AM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast