Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Thanks. I think you are right. Best bet is to get a TP quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    by Brent Hunter.
    This guide will walk you through the process of using pivotCE’s solution, developed by our very own Pattyland: HP Takeout.
    Read on...
    THanks ! This worked great. Just a few minutes and I was able to download all my 190 apps for the TouchPad.
    I was about to request a "download all" - but still 190 clicks to download items in parallel just worked fine.
    I will do the same for other devices too.

Do you keep some statistics for us about what apps have been installed/downloaded for tablet or phone ?

---
    Can I combine the list of TP installed apps with some phone id ( a Pre3 on the same webos profile ) and then download the apps (from the TP list) and download the phone (Pre3) version of them?
    I do have overlapping apps on TP and Pre3 - but so far I have not installed every app that I have on TP also on the Pre3. In case a different ipk package is needed for the phone I would expect to download the phone ipk then.
    I wanted to post this in case anyone else with a TP 4G is having problems with HP Takeout or the webOS-dump script/program.

I haven't been able to get any of the device information from my couple of TP 4Gs to work for downloading the IPKs, but I DID get my Pre 3 apps to download with HP Takeout today. So, just to see if it would work, I went back to HP Takeout and put in the IMEI number from one of my TP 4Gs (I guess it has one because of the cellular modem), along with the correct device token - and THAT worked. I haven't tried the IMEI with the webOS-dump program yet, but I'm hopeful that will work.

Has anyone else had this problem? I hope this solution works for you.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I wanted to add a HUGE Thanks.

This tool saved my day and lots of work.

Thank you, Thank you!
    This looks super helpful but every time I put in my touchpad info (exported from Impostah) and click the 'submit' button the page just loads for a minute and then refreshes and shows me the same input fields again. I can't get it to provide any kind of app (ipk) download links. I've tried multiple web browsers and haven't had any luck with it so far. Am I missing something?
  6.    #26  
    Top tips:
    1. You're accessing the form and downloading on your computer.
    2. Copy only the data from the opening bracket to the closing one - no email headers or HTML code.
    3. See the tip above about IMEI numbers from 4G TouchPads.

The service is working for most users as far as we can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Top tips:
    1. You're accessing the form and downloading on your computer.
    2. Copy only the data from the opening bracket to the closing one - no email headers or HTML code.
    3. See the tip above about IMEI numbers from 4G TouchPads.

The service is working for most users as far as we can tell.
    Thanks for the tips, I'm definitely following #1 and I'm pretty sure #2 as well. Tip 3 doesn't apply because my TP is WiFi only.

Is the service expecting all whitespace characters to be removed from the input for 'apps.json' ? The example in the input field doesn't have any whitespace characters but the output from Impostah (at least the email output) has tab and space characters. I guess I'm going to try and get those characters stripped out of the input and see if it helps any.
    So I discovered what my problem was. It seems the service didn't like something with the format for app "Assassin's Creed™: Altaïr's Chronicles". I tried removing the 'TM' character and the weird 'i' character in Altair's Chronicles but it didn't seem to have any effect. After removing that app from the json definition and leaving all of the others the service worked fine and provided download links. I guess I'll have to find another way to preserve this particular app. Thanks again for this great service! Now I need to use it for my Pre 3 and my other TP.
    for assassin's creed, the name doesn't matter a lot... keep just assassin (it's the ' one of the issues)
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tochiroge999 View Post
    So I discovered what my problem was. It seems the service didn't like something with the format for app "Assassin's Creed™: Altaïr's Chronicles". I tried removing the 'TM' character and the weird 'i' character in Altair's Chronicles but it didn't seem to have any effect. After removing that app from the json definition and leaving all of the others the service worked fine and provided download links. I guess I'll have to find another way to preserve this particular app. Thanks again for this great service! Now I need to use it for my Pre 3 and my other TP.
    Did you ever find a way to download Assassin's Creed? It is the only app I could not download through takeout.pivotce.com
    Follow my suggestion (renaming the app name to Assassin) and should work. There are some free ipks that have invalid characters, too, and that was the solution (using the other download method, but should be the same thing)
    Just to help some people:

If you have a Touchpad 4G the above script (or HP) has to be fooled. Just pretend it to be a phone (so select phone when the HP takeout page starts, and paste the IMEI-number, not the nduId).
    In case it helps anyone, I had the problem with hitting submit and getting the (almost) blank page with no apps listed. I eventually realised I'd got some carriage returns in the apps.json text so a few lines had wrapped down onto the next line and that seemed to be breaking it. I guess it was my email client or maybe something in the transmission that inserted them. Anyway, once I had removed the CRs, the submit worked perfectly and I got all my ipks.

Excellent utility, thanks very much to the devs
    This worked flawlessly for my 32 GB Touchpad and my ATT Pre 3 and my wife's ATT Veer. All backed up now and ready for the App-pocalypse!

Thanks to the folks who put this together!!
    I build it more error preventing mechanisms like escaping bad chars e.g. "Assassin's Creed™" and more error messages to see what causes problems. Hope it helps
    Preemptive likes this.
    Has HP pulled the plug prematurely? Takeout is not functioning. I just get the black screen... checked for extraneous CRs and found none... so I tried a couple of the appLocation URLs in the nav bar of my browser and they throw errors saying "can't find the file at...". Anybody else having such issues?
    Last edited by Chris Holst; 01/10/2015 at 01:35 PM.
    Just tried, working great! Some apps like eg the Palm Maps Application are not in the App Catalog, so there error you've got could be true.

You could post a few appLocation URLs URL if you want us to try them, or/and your apps.json (Attachment please!) to test wether it's fine!
    Here it is in attachment form.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Holst; 01/10/2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: tried to make it an attachment.
    rename assassin's creed (all instances) to assassin
    rename shrek kartTM hd, to shrek kart hd

' TM are symbols that break the parser, have to be removed
    This should not be necessary, I'm escaping out all non ascii characters now... But if it helps, do it

I simply entered the content of your uploaded file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cadp9sy4kz...02.27.png?dl=0

The message is because I don't bought Assassins Creed, so this not an error
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast