Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By broncot
  1.    #1  
    I would need this value

For webos 2.0 upward

Impostah
    System Preferences
    x_palm_carrier

If is not c000-01 or c027-01 , please answer back with : x_palm_carrier , US or not ( locale, aka if en-us , es-us , etc) , verizon/at&t/etc , device (pre1/2/3/veer/tablet)

For webos 1.4.x downward

Quote Originally Posted by Remy X
    An option that's not available under 1.4.5 on the Pre+... but my HTTP headers do show it, "X-Palm-Carrier c027-01"

Like hrhoades, i'm on Verizon

So for 1.x-ers like me, the way to check is xhaus.com: HTTP header check, and it's in there
    Thanks in advance
    Since the carriers IDs are all numeric (or at worst, may be hex), of known length, can't we just go ahead and run a nested loop that queries index.json for all the possible numbers? Anything that doesn't 404 is a valid carrier. Do this for every device type and language. For example SFR is a French carrier that might not have en-us help pages (i don't know), and TelCel is a Mexico-only carrier (Spanish-speaking).

Then we can go back and figure it out
  3.    #3  
    suppose I could generate such a file, but would be 1000 x 6 x 12 queries to generate,, 72k calls :s
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    suppose I could generate such a file, but would be 1000 x 6 x 12 queries to generate,, 72k calls :s
    There's only so many carriers, far less than a thousand, so it shouldn't be that hard.

If we look here, it's pretty much a list of carriers that had sold webOS devices, by device type.

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals.

The 1st gen (-) devices were on Sprint, Bell Mobility (Canada), and TelCel (Mexico), the 2nd gen (+) were on Verizon, AT&T, SFR (France) and others. The Pre2 and Pre3 were on Verizon and AT&T and the European models were probably unlocked. Veer = AT&T and unlocked European. Touchpad 4G is AT&T and the proper device code, something like d500-02

The script should probably stop as soon as it hits the correct number of carriers for that particular device

P.S. This is the only way to get carrier values for "uncommon" carriers that most forum members aren't on.
    Last edited by Remy X; 11/07/2014 at 04:11 PM.
  5.    #5  
    the problem is that there are more carriers in reality, than those.. on that site
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    the problem is that there are more carriers in reality, than those.. on that site
    True. But i'll test this out this evening and as i download stuff, will compare checksums and symlink identical stuff, so that my real help repository won't contain many duplicates

I'll let you know what i'll find
    AT&T Veer c001-01
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Remy X likes this.
  8.    #8  
    There are duplicates of html files, but I would not symlink them. the Meta info in those html is different btw them.. and unless you examine all the palm.help.app, how would you know if those unique info are not used ?
    (that would anyway make those files not exact copies, since they all differ slightly)
    The only other device I have besides VZW (which you already have) is a prototype GSM Pre3 which had a AT&T doctor applied, Impostah tells me "service error. Not permitted to send to org.webosinternals.impostah"
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    The only other device I have besides VZW (which you already have) is a prototype GSM Pre3 which had a AT&T doctor applied, Impostah tells me "service error. Not permitted to send to org.webosinternals.impostah"
    Thanks. Looks like that using a doctor meant for a different region has some side effect
    I forgot my older devices-Pre2 Verizon c027-01
    On my Pixi+ and Pre+ System Prefs is greyed out.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I forgot my older devices-Pre2 Verizon c027-01
    On my Pixi+ and Pre+ System Prefs is greyed out.
    See

Originally Posted by Remy X
    An option that's not available under 1.4.5 on the Pre+... but my HTTP headers do show it, "X-Palm-Carrier c027-01"

Like hrhoades, i'm on Verizon

So for 1.x-ers like me, the way to check is xhaus.com: HTTP header check, and it's in there

this , for pixi+ and pre+
    c027-01