Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    anyone know where I can get one? official palm and internals seem to be a no go.

pre 2 verizon
    Try adding 63.80.4.201 or 195.22.200.42 to your hosts file for downloads.help.palm.com

This is the last known good DNS entry for the doctors' repository
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Try adding 63.80.4.201 or 195.22.200.42 to your hosts file for downloads.help.palm.com

If this doesn't work, I'm in the process of backing up all the Doctors the Meta Doctor saved when I bumped my Pre Plus to WebOS 2. If the mods say it's okay, I'll post what I have (Includes Verizon Pre 2 2.1.0 doctor).

This solved my problem that I JUST posted! Thanks!!! Old Palm OS downloads all dead
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by shicky256 View Post
    If this doesn't work, I'm in the process of backing up all the Doctors the Meta Doctor saved when I bumped my Pre Plus to WebOS 2. If the mods say it's okay, I'll post what I have (Includes Verizon Pre 2 2.1.0 doctor).
    I have all 52 doctors, 10.8GB of them. John Steffes has some rare ones i don't, and so does Rod... so collectively, as a forum we are doing well

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    This solved my problem that I JUST posted! Thanks!!! Old Palm OS downloads all dead

Great
    Maybe you can archive them? I'm currently downloading other stuff (dev docs, help and app catalog screenshots), but if i'll have time i'll probably come back to it later
    Last edited by Remy X; 11/05/2014 at 10:20 PM.
    wait a minute.

while im stoked remy has backups, internals not having the list of doctors is breaking news for me. is this common knowledge?. can that be verified and investigated?

wait another sec. is it because they referred back to hp where they were hosted? i assumed they held their own repository.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Yes, webosinternals just links to the doctors on the Palm download site. They host no Palm/HP files.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    wait a minute.

while im stoked remy has backups, internals not having the list of doctors is breaking news for me. is this common knowledge?. can that be verified and investigated?

wait another sec. is it because they referred back to hp where they were hosted? i assumed they held their own repository.
    Precisely.

While HP is hosting the doctors, Internals has neither a legal nor a moral right to mirror those files. Once HP gives up completely and the ROMs become abandonware, the situation will change, and files could be hosted privately.

So to be clear as to what we have.... Internals has made a list of doctors, grouped by device and carrier, and it links back to where the files are hosted at HP. At the bottom of the list, there's also a list of filenames (that are not the same as the names that you get when you download the actual files, but have extra dashes and version numbers) and corresponding MD5 checksums (mathematical hashes for checking file integrity)

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

So what i did, was that i took the Internals' list and went through it line by line, downloaded the entire repository (52 doctors), and then matched the file URLs to the checksums. Later i added device names, OS versions, baseband, files sizes and SHA1 checksums. So Internals did half the work in collecting the links, and i built on top of that, so that we would have a detailed list at a glance, in spreadsheet form.

And this is how i got the two recent server IP's, because DNS broke just as i was downloading the last five doctors, and after it was temporarily fixed and i could remove the entry from my hosts file, i got the other one, which was actually first spotted by mazzinia, who noticed that the URL was back up
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    I actually have a backup from all the Doctors on Internals site as well, pulled those sometime last year or even earlier already. There were some links giving a 404 error but most I have :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I actually have a backup from all the Doctors on Internals site as well, pulled those sometime last year or even earlier already. There were some links giving a 404 error but most I have :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I'm guessing those are pre-'10 doctors you're referring to, there's 34 of them that have been taken down by Palm, and the only one we really need from the "lost" doctors is the very first 1.x doctor that's able to rebuild partition tables. The rest of them were incremental updates, like one that added the missing alarm clock app soon after the launch of the Pre-
  11.    #11  

this worked, thanks...
    I'm trying to get the Dr for my ATT Pre 3 and I'm struggling. The links all come up dead. I tried adding what Remy suggested but I must be daft as it doesn't work either.
    I got mine from the link contained with this file that Remy X put together.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I'm trying to get the Dr for my ATT Pre 3 and I'm struggling. The links all come up dead. I tried adding what Remy suggested but I must be daft as it doesn't work either.
    Try with this (second) IP address if the first one comes up dead:

Code:
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I got mine from the link contained with this file that Remy X put together.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Your link got mangled

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...BGM/edit#gid=0
    Still no luck for me. I'm not sure I am doing the link correctly.

'http://downloads.help.palm.com/webosdoctor/rom/manta/p224r0d12192011/wdmantaatt/webosdoctorp224mantaatt.jar ' doesn't work

'195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com/webosdoctor/rom/manta/p224r0d12192011/wdmantaatt/webosdoctorp224mantaatt.jar' doesn't work. Is that where I should put the IP?
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Still no luck for me. I'm not sure I am doing the link correctly.

'http://downloads.help.palm.com/webosdoctor/rom/manta/p224r0d12192011/wdmantaatt/webosdoctorp224mantaatt.jar ' doesn't work

'195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com/webosdoctor/rom/manta/p224r0d12192011/wdmantaatt/webosdoctorp224mantaatt.jar' doesn't work. Is that where I should put the IP?
    Ok, i see your problem. To quote myself from an earlier post...

[...]

Then, to overcome the DNS problem, please add 63.80.4.201 or 195.22.200.42 to your "hosts" file for downloads.help.palm.com. The "hosts" file is located at c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc, and to edit it:

Go to "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc"
    ...and if you have Windows XP, right-click the "hosts" file, then click "Properties", the last option on the bottom. When "Properties" open up, uncheck the "read-only" box and click "Apply". Then open Notepad and drag the file into the Notepad window.
    If you have Windows 7, find Notepad on your Start menu and right-click, then click "Run as Administrator", and then drag the "hosts" file into Notepad.

Copy this into the "hosts" file:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24	cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161	ipkg.preware.org
    and click "Save". If you're on XP, go back to "Properties" and set the file back to "read-only".

Now, you should be able to download Novacom drivers without issue.

[...]
    For a bit of clarity, a website could be on a server anywhere in the world. When you type the name of a website into your browser, it checks the Domain Name Service or DNS server to find the actual, numerical and phsyical address of the server. HP are moving servers and haven't bothered updating the DNS (or it's just taking a while), but fortunately there is the HOSTS file on your computer which is a mini DNS you can edit and over-rides DNS. One use is to redirect known dodgy domains back to your own machine (address: 127.0.0.1) to avoid malware. In my file, the numeric address precedes the name and is separated by a space. I've updated it with Remy X's IP findings and am able to download when I type the name address in, but typing the address without the edit or mixing in the corrected IP address doesn't.

The HOSTS file is editable in any text editor, but some security programs protect the file from being rewritten by malware, so you may need to switch off this feature while you edit.

hosts (file) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Remy X likes this.
    ok, that was easy. Thanks for your help and sorry for being so obtuse on this one!
    Ok, i see your problem. To quote myself from an earlier post...
    The workaround appears to no longer be working anymore ;_;

Where are those zip's again? I need to get the Skype bits out of one...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb2147 View Post
    The workaround appears to no longer be working anymore ;_;

Where are those zip's again? I need to get the Skype bits out of one...
    If you just need skype, and from an ATT doctor would be ok, you could save time taking it from here

http://mirror.bioinfoserv.org/WebOS/....2.4-official/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast