Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #41  
    mirror complete *cough* *cough*
    only issue is the search.cgi, that cannot be grabbed ( 2 copies of what it generates are available, and is clear that now the search is maimed.. tries to contact 2 servers that are no more working due to the current relocation)
    Remy X likes this.
    I think part of it was to be able to update the Help docs on the fly, and not have to re-issue a carrier update (which requires a certification) every time. (Though, downloading the help files after-install could be a possible solution. Though, that has its own issues with bandwidth and all.) I believe analytics might have been another factor. (It is a useful tool for support. See which help topics are the most checked.) I know that I had a deep discussion on a ticket once about the user agent that the system should be sending... (It honestly made no sense....)

Anyway... I hope that we are able to host it somewhere...
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Remy X likes this.
  3.    #43  
    technically is so small ( relatively ), that it could be all dumped on the device (with some small tweaks to the help app), too.
    Original pre and pixi are missing... I've not been able to manage to locate the files ( a random old, 1.1.something doctor for pre, mentioned .html files , but they are eluding me. maybe the doctor was too old )
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123