Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    There are plenty of list of things to do and try for new webOS phones, but I wanted to make one for those of us that have a phone, but have to start over for whatever reason. So here's a list of things I had to do after Doctoring my phone. (This assumes you already backed everything up, saved your info, and used save & Restore etc.)

1st recovering/doctoring:
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Don't forget to save anything & everything you can before you doctor/wipe your device!

then good old 'Save & Restore' (the best thing EVER!):
    The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation
    Use Save/Restore to backup additional system files and images (homebrew) | webOS Nation

You'll probably want the latest Quick Install too:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-5-0-a.html

How to Install patches:
    [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad

App catalog root fix:
    HP to issue root certificate fix, ensure continued access to webOS cloud services | webOS Nation

Finish the Bing maps download, and/or replace it with Google maps in Preware:
    New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

Disable Voice Dial:
    Disable or Remove Voice Dial (Homebrew) [webOS 2.1+] | webOS Nation

Fix AOL mail:
    Aol Email Server Settings

Fix Gmail:
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)

Outlook Fix:
    [Solved] Microsoft Outlook Certificate Expired

Yahoo Contacts fix:
    Yahoo Contact Sync

Foursquare App Updates
    Foursquare app - api version update needed

Fix "The application database is almost full":
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3418040

---------

Fix Zite on the Touchpad:
    Zite still working on Touchpad

Preset Reseet to schedule regular resest:
    Preset Reset

Stuck in headset mode? Fix it with graphite powder
    Stuck in headset mode: permanent, easy fix

Patch - Fixes and enhancements for Forums app
    [Patch] Fixes and enhancements for Forums app

This list isn't comprehensive, and some of it isn't necessary. If you think of anything I should add, just let me know. BIG thanks to all the people who are holding strong creating patches and fixes to keep us going! (make sure to show them some love)
    Last edited by crazybirdman; 08/05/2014 at 02:53 PM.
    ZehHa, run4jit, ka1 and 10 others like this.
  2.    #2  
    added a couple more things. I hope that's 'THE FIX' for the application database problem
    Doctoring or resetting, here's a checklist!
    I'd add the Yahoo contact sync patch for those that need it. I don't, but some do.
  4.    #4  
    Will do, thanks!
    You can add the Hotmail / Live / Outlook certificate fix... ;-)

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    You can add the Hotmail / Live / Outlook certificate fix... ;-)

Best Regards...
    That's this one in case you need a link: http://tinyurl.com/q4z8p38
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    Should this be a sticky?
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  8.    #8  
    thanks guys, just finished the process again, so I'm really glad I did this
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Since several of the patches are patch files, you probably should link to this thread near the top, probably after the QuickInstall thread.
    [How-to] Installing .patch files on your phone or Touchpad
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Nicely done, crazybirdman

I've cleaned up our sticky list (removed many that were there from the beginning of webOS) and added yours up there.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Please add Foursquare updates to your list: Foursquare app - api version update needed
    thank you!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    This is a very helpful list. We should expand it to other core apps and functions.

I think the title is somewhat misleading because it mainly covers fixing apps and functions. But I hesitate to start a new thread. Maybe I will but for now I just would like to point to :

C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

This might superse all Google and Yahoo Fixing ... Is that correct? That would be an excellent point to cover in more detail.

Second please add Whatsup

MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
  14. blk
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    This is a very helpful list. We should expand it to other core apps and functions.

I think the title is somewhat misleading because it mainly covers fixing apps and functions. But I hesitate to start a new thread. Maybe I will but for now I just would like to point to :

C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

This might superse all Google and Yahoo Fixing ... Is that correct? That would be an excellent point to cover in more detail.

Second please add Whatsup

MojoWhatsup (a Whatsapp client for webos)
    The C+Dav Synergy connector does not supersede the Google sync https fix, since the sync patch applies to ALL Google apps (including Mail and Messaging), and the C+Dav connector only applies to Contacts and Calendar. It should take care of the Yahoo Contacts fix, though.
    Now that January 15th is looming near, are there other things that can/should/must be added, like Novacom?

I have this page saved in Chrome (and I'm about to save it in Evernote as well) because it is the best 'source' page that I have come across in the forum.

Oh, does Save/Restore save your patches? The last time I had to restore things back, I had to manually re-install the patches. Did I maybe miss a step?
    Save/Restore only saves the package list from Preware, not the patches or apps themselves. To be honest, I never figured out the correct way to reinstall them from that. I just do them manually.

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app
    Save/Restore saves the Installed package list from Preware, once that's restored and the phone is restarted, selecting install all will reinstall patches and any Preware apps.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Save/Restore saves the Installed package list from Preware, once that's restored and the phone is restarted, selecting install all will reinstall patches and any Preware apps.
    I thought that Save/Restore only saved the data from the applications that some people have set up patches(??) for? When I open Save/Restore, I show I have 38 sets of data I can save, out of 210 apps/patches/etc. And where do I select 'Install All'? My phones have started re-installs on their own.
    Anyone have working links to the Doctors anymore?
    yes... take the links from webos-internals , and use them in archive.org, you can download this way
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast