Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    I made a link in my launcher from Browser and assigned it a thumbnail from the site. I am curious where that icon is saved? Anyone know?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  2.    #2  
    Bump...its gotta be a PNG somewhere, right?
    Follow me on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Sadly, it seems this will remain an unsolved webOS mystery. We can create commandline executable scripts to enable facebook for synergy but cannot locate a picture file. Perhaps there's a "hard way"? Like a terminal executable search for all Png files that also prints the location of each?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Did some digging for you and found the following :-)

Your custom launcher items are in

/var/luna/launchpoints

Each launcher item has 1 file in above dir

The code in it is similar to below:

{ "id": "com.palm.app.browser", "version": "3.0.5", "appId": "com.palm.app.browser", "vendor": "HP", "vendorUrl": "", "size": 0, "packageId": "com.palm.app.browser", "removable": true, "launchPointId": "00786465", "title": "Tweakers - 3.230 pageviews per minuut", "appmenu": "Tweakers - 3.230 pageviews per minuut", "icon": "\/var\/luna\/data\/browser\/icons\/icon64-1380136924441.png", "params": { "url": "http:\/\/tweakers.net\/" } }
    So the icon is in /var/luna/data/browser/icons/

And in my case it's called: icon64-1380136924441.png

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 09/25/2013 at 04:46 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Alan Morford likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Booyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
    Follow me on Twitter
  6.    #6  
    So using this new knowledge I was able to search online for a 64x64 PNG icon, download it on my Pre3, use Internalz Pro to find the icon Browser created, rename the new icon the same name as the saved one, and replace it with the downloaded one. One Luna restart later and wah-la...a nice new icon! Thanks again!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    You can do that from within the browser itself, too. When you select 'Add to launcher' and it brings up the page with the title and URL, tap on the icon at the top and it will show you the webpage with a highlighted square on it. Pan and zoom the page until what you want for the icon is inside the square and then tap 'Done'. You can also do the same thing for your saved bookmarks, just tap the (i) to edit them.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah it worked really well in 2.1.0 and before but 2.2.4 on my Pre 3 has a bug where the clip it takes is not in the square. Thus I needed a different solution.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    Ah, that kinda sucks, I didn't realize it was broken. I don't know why it doesn't just download the site icon and use that.
    Seems like it might have to do with the move to Enyo. 3.0.5 is also broken still. And since Enyo was introduced with 2.2 so I guess the developers didn't have enough time to put it in when they released it. I saw quite some comments in code where it said //todo .....
    Last edited by Herrie; 09/29/2013 at 09:28 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    An easier solution exists--just get Shortcut Launcher from the catalog or Preware.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    An easier solution exists--just get Shortcut Launcher from the catalog or Preware.
    Nice! I didn't know this was here. Haha. <-- under a rock Just bought it. Thanks! On a side note, I find it funny I used to be mad about a $2 app and as I've aged I've grown more understanding for what devs go through. Now, $2 is a no-brainer.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Jimbode likes this.