Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Does the meta-doctor only work with Ubuntu? I have built doctors before using Ubuntu, but now I'm using Mint, and I got an error running the script for build-veer-2.2.4 - "...did not download properly, please run this script again". Tried several more times, no different. Is there a problem with the download, or will it just not work on Mint?
    Download, read the threads on the doctor downloads, it tries to download those

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I appreciate your response, and I'm trying to understand it. Are you saying that I should download a meta doctor instead of building one? I would be glad to, but I haven't seen a link anywhere for super-veer. I have read a few threads, but I only found one that specifically mentions my error message, and it seems like the answer there was that the download location had changed, and a new git-pull would solve it. I did try that already. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1whocs View Post
    I appreciate your response, and I'm trying to understand it. Are you saying that I should download a meta doctor instead of building one? I would be glad to, but I haven't seen a link anywhere for super-veer. I have read a few threads, but I only found one that specifically mentions my error message, and it seems like the answer there was that the download location had changed, and a new git-pull would solve it. I did try that already. Thanks for your help.
    You will need to edit your hosts file: [slash]etc[slash]hosts on linux if I remember correctly.
    I can't type the real path because the forum won't allow it (thus the "[slash]")

Once those hosts entries are active, you should be able to proceed normally (no manual download of Doctors).

The relevant entry for Doctors is:
    Code:
    195.22.200.42	downloads.help.palm.com
    But I'd suggest adding all 3 from RemyX's post:
    Help me for Novacom drivers win32
    Code:
    23.4.17.24         cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42      downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161    ipkg.preware.org
    Last edited by bbito; 09/14/2015 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    You will need to edit your hosts file: [slash]etc[slash]hosts on linux if I remember correctly.
    I can't type the real path because the forum won't allow it (thus the "[slash]")

Once those hosts entries are active, you should be able to proceed normally (no manual download of Doctors).

Code:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24                cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42          downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161       ipkg.preware.org
    @bbito : Thanks for jumping in, could not copy paste it.

The meta script will download doctors, extract files from them and then create a new doctor. So you will need to be able to download the doctors.

I cannot remember whether you could download them beforehand and than start he script, so that you have the downloads already.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post

Code:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24                cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42          downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161       ipkg.preware.org
    That did it. Downloading now. Thanks. Just out of curiosity, is there a thread with that info? Sorry I missed it, I don't like to be 'that guy'.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1whocs View Post
    That did it. Downloading now. Thanks. Just out of curiosity, is there a thread with that info? Sorry I missed it, I don't like to be 'that guy'.
    It's been posted in a number of other threads, but I don't think there is a thread just for that info.
    I've gotten the sense that this is a somewhat touchy issue, and you probably can't say too much, but I'm racking my brain trying to find the updated boot tar. I have the other file, (rootfs), and I have a 224 doctor, sdk files, and novacom, but I cannot figure out where to get the updated boot tar for the build script. I have seen the tutorials on unpacking and repacking uimages, and I'm hoping that isn't the only way. If you can't tell me where the file is, can anyone tell me if it is something that is already zipped for use that I just have to find, or is it something I'm going to have to do myself? Thanks
    Got it - rename, (duh)...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12