webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Tips, Info & Resources > Can I get Notes of a phone with a dead screen?
Can I get Notes of a phone with a dead screen?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gizmo21

Old 02/19/2013, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey, long story short, the screen is dead (can't see anything, dull light), but everything seems to be working. Is there any way to get the information I have in the Notes app by Inglorious Apps?

any help would be appreciated.
crazybirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2013, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

If developer mode is enabled, you can use webOS Quick Install to download the database to your computer. However, i don't know what phone you have (sounds like a Veer TBH) and what OS version... i've also never used that particular Notes app, so i can't really give any specifics yet
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2013, 12:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

if you can connect the drive via USB connection (try Option + Sym + U for USB) you can get the database file in folder like e.g.
/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.ingloriousapps.notes_0/0000000000000003.db
and copy to PC.

after that you can open the sqllite .db File on your PC with sqllite viewer like firefox sqllite extension.

or if that does not work:

and if developer mode was enabled and you can connect via webOS quick install you could go into the Terminal (Linux command line http://www.fillito.com/wp-content/up...ickinstall.png) and search for the notes database which could be located under app-storage Directory. Search for it with those commands:

> cd /media/internal/.app-storage
> ls

to list directories, there should something like
file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.ingloriousapps.notes_0

then you can go into this directory with
> cd file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.ingloriousapps.notes_0
> ls
to list the database File like e.g.
0000000000000003.db

Now you can download this file via menu 'Recieve File' in webOS quick install:

/media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.ingloriousapps.notes_0/0000000000000003.db

after that you can open the sqllite .db File on your PC with sqllite viewer like firefox sqllite extension.

If you had installed Preware app Save&Restore before and it would support this app you could find this db in the folder /media/internal/saverestore/<AppID>

Last edited by gizmo21; 02/20/2013 at 04:48 PM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Thanked by crazybirdman, Remy X
Old 02/20/2013, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

thanks, I'll give it a try, I'll have to see if I can get into Developer mode without being able to see the screen

What would happen if I put that file in the same directory on my next phone?

Last edited by crazybirdman; 02/20/2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02/20/2013, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
thanks, I'll give it a try, I'll have to see if I can get into Developer mode without being able to see the screen

What would happen if I put that file in the same directory on my next phone?
You would have to install the app start it once and close it again. Then see which name the new db has. then move the old db to this directory rename/delete the new db and rename the old db to the new name. was that clear ???

At least if it is a webOS Phone - which it will be for sure - hehe
Old 02/23/2013, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

did it, and it worked perfectly. For Notes, Checkbook, sliderss, and more

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0