Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
    It it is your intention to doctor your device, you could potentially do this, then bypass activation, install Preware and the nodelete patch. Then sign into your profile and as the apps were restored, the IPKs would be saved. You will need to search the forums on this. I'm not an expert. Maybe someone else can give you a more detailed answer.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It it is your intention to doctor your device, you could potentially do this, then bypass activation, install Preware and the nodelete patch. Then sign into your profile and as the apps were restored, the IPKs would be saved. You will need to search the forums on this. I'm not an expert. Maybe someone else can give you a more detailed answer.
    That all sounds logical.. providing the device in question is 'Backed up' first - obviously!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

That's actually what I tried, but when I log into my account, none of the backed up apps are restored. If I use the regular doctor, then my apps are restored.
    Palm III -> IBM WorkPad c3 -> Palm TX -> HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinn View Post
    That's actually what I tried, but when I log into my account, none of the backed up apps are restored. If I use the regular doctor, then my apps are restored.
    Have you tried just opening the doctor file with something like WinRar, and replacing the config file?
    Not sure if this is what you're trying to do, but I once bypassed activation on a Pre3, installed the nodelete patch, doctored it and activated it with my Profile, the patch survived the doctoring and I got all the ipk's.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Not sure if this is what you're trying to do, but I once bypassed activation on a Pre3, installed the nodelete patch, doctored it and activated it with my Profile, the patch survived the doctoring and I got all the ipk's.
    The patch didn't "survive doctoring". It got synced into your profile, and was downloaded first, before the apps.

So to do what you did, he would need to patch, do a manual cloud backup, and then doctor.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Have you tried just opening the doctor file with something like WinRar, and replacing the config file?

Not yet. I was going to do that with 7zip but it seems to me that I read somewhere on here a long time ago that manually patching doctor files that way causes issues.

At this point, I have nothing to lose. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.
    Palm III -> IBM WorkPad c3 -> Palm TX -> HP Touchpad
    Hey thanks to the thread starter for this patch - you saved the day for me. I successfully applied it to a Pre 3 and got all my favourites downloaded from the HP Catalog at almost the last minute!

Thomas
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    7 zip didn't work for me. It kept erroring out while repackaging everything. Something about duplicate file names. I tried using Ubuntu as well, but that gave me an unknown error.

I finally just gave up and installed with a clean doctor and quickly installed the patch before my apps were restored. My Touchpad only automatically downloaded about 1/2 of my apps. I had to manually hunt down the other half from the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Too much to follow? Apply the attached patch.
    I'm no Linux whiz, so I clicked on <Email attachment>. Despite getting other patches from the forum in just this way over the past 3-4 years, this time nothing ever came to my inbox (I tried on both my TouchPad and from Firefox/Windows).

The only thing I saw after clicking on the link was a blank dialog with an <OK> button. I can't recall if this is all I've ever seen, or if this is different from the other times I've done this.

Anyone else having a problem getting an email with the patch attached?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    I should mention checking app versions before deleting them and re-downloading them. I've come across three apps now (Fliq Notes, ToDo Classic and Checklist) that have older versions in the App Catalog for my Pre3 than what I had previous. Fortunately in my case I still had the apps on my original Pre3 so I was able to copy the folders off that device and repackage them.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I'm no Linux whiz, so I clicked on <Email attachment>. Despite getting other patches from the forum in just this way over the past 3-4 years, this time nothing ever came to my inbox (I tried on both my TouchPad and from Firefox/Windows).

The only thing I saw after clicking on the link was a blank dialog with an <OK> button. I can't recall if this is all I've ever seen, or if this is different from the other times I've done this.

Anyone else having a problem getting an email with the patch attached?
    I am also having this problem in obtaining the patch. I tried right-clicking and saving the file, but I'm not sure if I actually got the patch, or downloaded gibberish.

Anyone know what's going on with the "email attachment" link, and/or can anyone confirm that if the patch is downloaded using the right-click, does that actually grab the patch?

Thanks much...
    Quote Originally Posted by treodoc755 View Post
    I am also having this problem in obtaining the patch. I tried right-clicking and saving the file, but I'm not sure if I actually got the patch, or downloaded gibberish.

Anyone know what's going on with the "email attachment" link, and/or can anyone confirm that if the patch is downloaded using the right-click, does that actually grab the patch?

Thanks much...
    Rather than logging out of your device and disrupting your workflow with the hassles of starting from scratch, you could try this: Script to save all your app IPKs in one step

It's a script that runs on Windows that takes a list of apps you own and two device tokens that can be found via Impostah, and pulls down all IPKs. If you would still prefer to use the patch, you can download it to your computer and apply is using WOSQI, or place it into the USB partition of your phone, then use Internalz Pro to navigate to /media/internal and once you find it, install the patch using Preware.

If you have doubts about the integrity of the patch file, open it in Notepad and have a look. If it has the file path, + and - "diffs", the file is fine
    (FF on windows)
    normal (left) click on the nodeleipk name opens the download confirmation.

Either click on the email link brings the blank dialog with an OK button. Possibly this is supposed to email the patch to your registered email. Doesn't work for me.

There is a forum here for site issues if you want to report this. The download link works for me.

This guide by Grabber5.0 includes examples to check your downloaded patch is in the correct form for installation.
    Does this patch still work if an app downloads then fails during the install? It is still removing the IPK after the install fails for me even with this patch installed. I'm trying to get Rock Band, it's the only purchased app that fails to install even though it downloads the entire thing fine. I want so badly to try installing it with Preware since the App Catalog is failing. I've tried to use Internalz Pro to copy it while it's in the Installing phase but I can't seem to make it work..
    As long as it downloads, this patch should keep it from being deleted. What device and webOS version is it?

If you do see it prior to the install, you can most likely grab it from a command line during install. I have done this prior to the creation of this patch. You can use the Quick Install command line, and as soon as it's done downloading run a command like 'cp -p /media/internal/downloads/ipkname /media/internal' Have the command typed out and ready to press enter as soon as the download completes. If the copy is too slow and fails because the file gets deleted before it's done, you can try replacing cp -p with just mv It may cause an error message, but if it's going to fail to install anyway, it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/18/2014 at 12:17 PM.
    Does anybody have the Wordpress IPK? Not in the catalog anymore and I need to put it back on my TP after rebuilding it...
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
  18. GLO
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I haven't thought of a clever intro for this, so I'll go straight to the point. When you download an app off of App Catalog, it downloads a package file, and installs from that. However, even if you look hard, you won't find the file anywhere. You might have caught a glimpse of it during downloading or install, but it disappears as soon as the install is done. There is an easy way of disabling this behaviour.

Here's the app installation workflow:
    1. User requests app download from App Catalog frontend.
    2. App Catalog rounds up the necessary info, and sends it to LunaDownloadMgr
    3. LunaDownloadMgr processes the data, and does some preparation work. It downloads the app icon, and tells App Catalog and LunaSysMgr about it.
    4. It then downloads the app IPK.
    5. When done, it calls the App Installer service (in LunaSysMgr) and tells it to install the app.
    6. LunaSysMgr calls ApplicationInstallerUtility to install the app.
    7. ApplicationInstallerUtility does stuff, eventually calling ipkg.
    8. When done, App Installer does some cleanup, including removal of the source IPK.
    9. Everything is informed that the app is installed.

As you can see, the App Installer service removes the source IPK, and that's why you can't find it. A couple of things to note:
    1. IPKs are downloaded to /media/internal/downloads, just like anything else you download on webOS
    2. The source IPK removal happens regardless if you install from App Catalog or not. As long as you use the App Installer service to install apps, the IPK will get removed.
    (So that's insurance for myself that I'm not defeating some security measure in App Catalog, because the behaviour is completely independent of App Catalog, even though its intentions might be specifically for App Catalog.)

OK, enough technical details. How do we disable this behaviour? Simply, add an entry into the Luna settings file.

Procedure
    1. You need to have shell access to your device, either on the device itself or via a computer. I'm not going to list the details of how to get shell access, since I've probably written about it in some of my other tutorials in my resource list. Check there first.
    2. Once you open a shell, type these commands:
    Code:
    rootfs_open
    cd /etc/palm
    cp luna.conf luna.conf.bak
    vi luna.conf
    The above remounts your rootfs as R/W, backs up your luna.conf file, then opens it up in vi (a text editor).
    3. Enter:
    Code:
    /debug
    This will search for the text "debug" and jump there. At the bottom of the screen you can see what you're typing.
    4. Hit "I" on your keyboard, then use the arrow keys to navigate to the end of the Debug list, so your cursor is right below "DumpLauncherAtlas=false".
    5.Type the following, and inserting a newline at the end, for formatting:
    Code:
    AppInstallerCleaner=0
    6. Press Escape, then Shift-ZZ. This saves the file.
    7. Type:
    Code:
    rootfs_open -r
    This will reboot your device.

After that, pick any app to test, then when the app's done installing go to /media/internal/downloads (or go into USB Drive mode and find the downloads folder), and you should see an IPK file with the app's name in it.

Too much to follow? Apply the attached patch.
    How do you apply the patch--I thought WOSQI could only install ipk files, not a patch file?
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    How do you apply the patch--I thought WOSQI could only install ipk files, not a patch file?
    Internalz Pro | webOS Nation
  20. GLO
    I tried, but Internals Pro said that AUSMT is missing and is required for patching.
    WSQI has five different AUSMT Linux Apps:
    1) AUMST Recovery-Basic
    2) AUMST Recovery-Full
    3) AUMST Recovery-Safe
    4) AUMST Scripts
    5) AUMST System Verification
    Which one should I use and do I place it in the downloads file in the Pre 3 USB section, or somewhere else to all Internals Pro to open the patch file??
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast