webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Tips, Info & Resources > Need Help activating a Pre3!
Need Help activating a Pre3!

Old 02/13/2013, 04:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

so I bought this ATT pre 3 unlocked.. when I got it I checked it out much to my surprise i can't get past the startup without me having to register an account.. so i asked the seller what to do.. and told me i could access it by typing #*33688# something.. but the problem is the phone won't boot anymore... pleasee help me.. this is my first day (
Albert Son Ingreso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2013, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

<updated thread title>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2013, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

sir the problem is the phone wont even start.. im stuck at the HP logo.. its not blinking in green anymore.. and its aroun 5 mins still there
Old 02/13/2013, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

anyone please help me.. my phone won't start anymore.
Old 02/13/2013, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

And what did you do to make it not boot?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2013, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Try this post:

Bypass Signing In on My Pre3

EDIT... ah, good. GMMan to the rescue!

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/13/2013 at 05:44 PM.
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2013, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Please state your problem clearly.

Ideally, you should start by removing the battery & inserting a SIM card. When you turn on the phone you can then register an HPwebOS account which will give you many functions like automatic back up and buying apps. This is the best option unless you have a special use for the device. (e.g. Wifi only or app development)

If you don't have a SIM card, you can put in the number codes to access the device, without using it as a phone. This puts the device into 'Developer mode'. You can them reboot and won't have the start up screen.

If you can not reboot, I suppose the first question is: Is this a new phone or has it been used before?

As GMMan asks, what did you do EXACTLY before the phone would not reboot? It booted once to the 'Create account' screen...

If we know what you did, someone can help. If it is the case that it was nothing you did, then there are ways to recover the phone.
Preemptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 08:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

hello guys! I just panicked.. It's working fine now.. but I don't have access to the app catalog.. it says try again later... :\.. and also my account is named Dr. Skipped Firstuse.. I cannot see where I can make my own profile now that I have access to wifi.. please help me
Old 02/15/2013, 08:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Install Impostah.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 02/15/2013, 10:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Install Impostah.
thank you sir.. But is there any link to where I can install it? Thank you
Old 02/15/2013, 10:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Use Preware or WOSQI.
Old 02/15/2013, 11:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Use Preware or WOSQI.
honestly sir I have no idea what you're saying.. I'll search this forum deeper but a link could help me better lol thanks anyway
Old 02/15/2013, 11:30 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Son Ingreso View Post
honestly sir I have no idea what you're saying.. I'll search this forum deeper but a link could help me better lol thanks anyway
is there by any chance I'll get my phone bricked if I fail to install it correctlt? Honestly I jast want a bible app, currency converter and dictionary in my pre 3
Old 02/15/2013, 11:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

Here's the link to WOSQI. You may also need Universal Novacom Installer. Run UNI first, and while that's going make sure Developer Mode is enabled (type "webos20090606" in Just Type, and open the app that comes up). Then connect your device to USB, tell it "Just Charge", and run WOSQI. Click the globe button, then search for Impostah.
Old 02/15/2013, 04:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Try this post:

Bypass Signing In on My Pre3

EDIT... ah, good. GMMan to the rescue!
Hi there, I just got a brand new in the box Hp Pre 3 for Verizon today. However, like a lot of people seem to, i am having a huge problem activating it. I called Verizon and the lady had no idea what the problem was, she said it shows that it's activated on my account, but it's not working. She kept saying that I must have been sold a bad phone. But like I said, it's brand new, the box was still sealed. Can you help me? I really love this phone and want to use it!
misslissa125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 04:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslissa125 View Post
Hi there, I just got a brand new in the box Hp Pre 3 for Verizon today. However, like a lot of people seem to, i am having a huge problem activating it. I called Verizon and the lady had no idea what the problem was, she said it shows that it's activated on my account, but it's not working. She kept saying that I must have been sold a bad phone. But like I said, it's brand new, the box was still sealed. Can you help me? I really love this phone and want to use it!
What's happening? Where are you running into a problem? Many VZW Pre3's needed to be doctored to 2.2.4 before they would activate. If it's active with VZW, but you can't get past the dial screen, tap the phone icon in the notification area at the bottom of the screen, select Emergency call, use the delete button on the screen or keyboard to remove 911 and enter *228, then dial.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0