webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Tips, Info & Resources > Broken touchscreen, help with contact export
Broken touchscreen, help with contact export

Old 02/08/2013, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Pre2 has a broken touchscreen. I plan to replace the touchscreen, but in the mean time, I need my contacts. Is there a way I can use WOSQI to send a terminal command to export the vcard info?? I can launch the MONAD app but can't click on the 'export' button. Using terminal and cat to read the java app, I can see the function calls to export the data, but I don't have enough experience to modify the Java so this program will work without having to 'click to export' the data. Thanks for any help!! PS- the launch command I'm using is: luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/launch '{"id":"com.palm.app.monad"}'
Cache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/08/2013, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't have a copy of the app handy, but if you can look through the code, you'll find a call to com.palm.contacts. Try substituting with that.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 08:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

It looks like you're already at the command line sine you're running a luna-send command, so what you could do is copy the whole PalmDatabase.db3 file off of your phone from there.

Have a look at the very first post of the thread below. You would only be doing steps 1-3.

How To: Back Up Text Messages When Exchanging Phones

The command to copy the file to your media drive would be cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal

Then, press Opt-Sym-B to get to USB Mode so you can copy the file from there to your computer.

Once you have the database file, you can browse it and extract what you want depending on what you need it for until you repair your Pre3.
ArchonAdvisors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm trying this:

luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll {"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'

But I'm only seeing

>
>

and a blinking underscore cursor waiting for input. I don't know enough (or any) java to modify the main-assistant.js file to run without looking for touchscreen input. Any help would be appreciated!! Thx.
Old 02/10/2013, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

ArchonAdvisors, that info is old and there is no PalmDatabase.db3, it's been replaced by an objects.db file which I can't parse.
Old 02/10/2013, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache View Post
I'm trying this:

luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll {"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'

But I'm only seeing

>
>

and a blinking underscore cursor waiting for input. I don't know enough (or any) java to modify the main-assistant.js file to run without looking for touchscreen input. Any help would be appreciated!! Thx.
if i leave the last ' away it tries to execute the command:

luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll {"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}

but then fails with this error:
Quote:
{
"message": "Unexpected token ILLEGAL",
"stack": "SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL\n at Object.parse (native)\n at clazz.initialize (\/usr\/palm\/frameworks\/mojoservice\/version\/1.0\/javascript\/controller_command.js:15:22)\n at new clazz (\/usr\/palm\/frameworks\/foundations\/version\/1.0\/javascript\/structure\/class.js:18:20)\n at clazz._dispatchCommand (\/usr\/palm\/frameworks\/mojoservice\/version\/1.0\/javascript\/controller_service.js:149:12)\n at \/usr\/palm\/frameworks\/mojoservice\/version\/1.0\/javascript\/prologue.js:38:9\n at clazz._dispatchMessage (\/usr\/palm\/frameworks\/mojoservice\/version\/1.0\/javascript\/method_dispatcher.js:60:5)\n at palmbus\/Handle.<anonymous> (\/usr\/palm\/frameworks\/mojoservice\/version\/1.0\/javascript\/method_dispatcher.js:14:18)\n at node.js:28:97",
"type": "unexpected_token",
"arguments": [
"ILLEGAL"
],
"returnValue": false,
"errorCode": -9999,
"errorText": "MojoService: no errorCode supplied "
}
would be great if someone could provide us with a command line to export all contacts. Perhaps assking in the internals IRC channel helps
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

ooops sorry it works like this:

webOS >2.x:
Code:
luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll '{"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
This also works with TouchPad (not having to install a MONAD app).
Be aware of the SPACE and ' after vCardExportAll and the trailing '

webOS <2.x (1.4.5) Pre1/+/Pixi:
Code:
luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.contacts/makeVCardList '{"stripPhoneNumbers":"false","vCardPath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'
hope it works Cache and thx for the command

And btw:
before your screens breaks (perhaps even after it via WebOSQuickjinstall), it could be good to apply this patch to have most data exported:

http://www.webosnation.com/enhanced-...contact-export
[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export

--

Last edited by gizmo21; 02/19/2013 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Added Enhanced export patch link
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonAdvisors View Post
It looks like you're already at the command line sine you're running a luna-send command, so what you could do is copy the whole PalmDatabase.db3 file off of your phone from there.

Have a look at the very first post of the thread below. You would only be doing steps 1-3.

How To: Back Up Text Messages When Exchanging Phones

The command to copy the file to your media drive would be cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal

Then, press Opt-Sym-B to get to USB Mode so you can copy the file from there to your computer.

Once you have the database file, you can browse it and extract what you want depending on what you need it for until you repair your Pre3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache View Post
ArchonAdvisors, that info is old and there is no PalmDatabase.db3, it's been replaced by an objects.db file which I can't parse.
Cache,

Ah that's right, the PalmDatabase.db3 was indeed depreciated after webOS 2.x. For reference though, what's preventing you from parsing the newer objects.db file that replaces it instead? Is it just that it's a db8 file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
ooops sorry it works like this:

luna-send -f -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.contacts/vCardExportAll '{"filePath":"/media/internal/ExportedContacts.vcf"}'

hope it works Cache and thx for the command

Perhaps this also works with Touchpad (not having a MONAD app).
gizmo21,

Excellent result with the shell command! I think GMMan had offered that one before in another thread. If Cache can confirm the output vcf looks good, then it's a great solution with broken touchscreen involved.

Last edited by ArchonAdvisors; 02/10/2013 at 05:25 PM.
ArchonAdvisors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2013, 04:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonAdvisors View Post
Cache,

Ah that's right, the PalmDatabase.db3 was indeed depreciated after webOS 2.x. For reference though, what's preventing you from parsing the newer objects.db file that replaces it instead? Is it just that it's a db8 file?

gizmo21,

Excellent result with the shell command! I think GMMan had offered that one before in another thread. If Cache can confirm the output vcf looks good, then it's a great solution with broken touchscreen involved.
So why didn't GMMan post that here

Just kidding, i haven't found the correct statement elsewhere (did google search) so far.

But it could even work with openwebOS (https://github.com/openwebos/app-ser.../services.json) - oh wait are there luna commands in openwebOS??
Old 02/11/2013, 07:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Well, Open webOS runs Luna for the shell, right? So there is a very high chance luna-send is included. If not, and the API is not changed, then you could copy and paste an existing copy and use that.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Confirmed, working!! The Crux of the Biscuit is the Apostrophe!

And as to why I can't parse a .db8 file, maybe because I thought it was a SQL file, not that I'd know what to do with either. Just a webOS fan, not a dev or programmer, at least not in this century.

Thx again to all who helped, now I need to source a replacement screen or phone for my FrankenPre2. Or maybe a CDMA Pre3... In my dreams!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0