1.    #1  
    I recently transitioned over to android for my smartphone use, with the stuck at hp rebooting screen that my pre 2 started to do a few months ago. I have since moved to a 4- droid razr Maxx. Anyway I finally got around to doctoring my pre2 and it went smoothly. I want to use it as a wifi only device. When I get to the log on screen for my plan profile I can't log on without registering with the carrier, Verizon. I followed some steps to bypass activation ##devmode# and it worked. However how do I get back into my palm profile?

I know one way would be to reactivate the phone on Verizon but I don't want to do that because with their 4G cards once you deactivate the phone you have to go back to Verizon store for a new card. By going back briefly to a 3g device in the pre 2 I also don't want to lose my unlimited data that I have been grandfathered into once I go back to my RAZR Maxx.

Is there anyway I can log into my palm profile without using Verizon?
  2.    #2  
    Wow. Remember the days when a question like this would be answered within minutes of posting?

Sigh.
    Use Impostah to log back into your Palm Profile. It will still say Dr Skippedfirstuse as your profile name, but you will be able to download your apps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    A good guide can be found here for 2.x.x :

Bypass Activation [webOS 2.x] | webOS Nation

This is a good guide for 1.x.x :

Bypass Activation [webOS 1.x] | webOS Nation
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
  5.    #5  
    thanks!

following the tips in the link, the tips on reinstalling webOSquickinstall and the novacom driver, and thus far its working.