Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ventus221
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I purchased a HP touchpad.
    I have not gotten it yet. There are mixed reviews out there.... However there all from a year ago.
    where exactly can I go to look and purchase these apps?
    Is there a certain "market" I.e. android, iOS, that I need to look for that is compatible with the touchpad?
    Thanks,
    Just fire up the App Catalog on the device when you get it. Most, if not all, of the apps you'll be looking for are in there.

If you're interested in checking out some of the homebrew options (they augment the offerings in the Catalog, FYI), check out the instructions for doing so here: How to install homebrew apps on your TouchPad or webOS smartphone | webOS Nation
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisaf830 View Post
    Ok, I purchased a HP touchpad.
    I have not gotten it yet. There are mixed reviews out there.... However there all from a year ago.
    where exactly can I go to look and purchase these apps?
    Is there a certain "market" I.e. android, iOS, that I need to look for that is compatible with the touchpad?
    Thanks,
    That's a bit of a surprised when I hear the words that people bought a new TouchPad, specially since these devices are a bit old and haven't seen a major OS update since last year. And when looking at other tablets on the market, it begs the question of the reason of buying a TouchPad nowadays when a dual core tablets with TouchPad resolutions display looks so ancient history.

Well, wish you good luck with your purchase and hoping you enjoy it. Without actually having second thoughts of returning it back, once you begin to use the TouchPad Tablet.

Click on this link, it helped me out when I purchased my TouchPad. And while it hasn't been updated since last year its still includes good information for HP TouchPad newbies.

HP TouchPad: Everything you want to know | ZDNet
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Here's the mandatory reading for all Touchpad newbies.

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html
    I would recommend Piscel Smart Office as it is really the only decent Document and Power Point editor, but really Facebook Quick Chat and Zite are amazing choices. Game wise, Assasians Creed and Free Heroes 2 is an amazing retro game to have. Umm Accuweather, Word Press, Apollo, Pandora Tablet, Advanced Browser, and Data Jog if you own a WebOS phone that isn't a Pre 3 are great choices.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    That's a bit of a surprised when I hear the words that people bought a new TouchPad, specially since these devices are a bit old and haven't seen a major OS update since last year. And when looking at other tablets on the market, it begs the question of the reason of buying a TouchPad nowadays when a dual core tablets with TouchPad resolutions display looks so ancient history.

Well, wish you good luck with your purchase and hoping you enjoy it. Without actually having second thoughts of returning it back, once you begin to use the TouchPad Tablet.

Click on this link, it helped me out when I purchased my TouchPad. And while it hasn't been updated since last year its still includes good information for HP TouchPad newbies.

HP TouchPad: Everything you want to know | ZDNet
    There are still the occasional new units, and apparently still tons of refurbs out there still. My guess is all the units that get replaced due to speaker cracks end up getting back on the market

Most of the tablets on the marketplace -still- aren't as high end as a TouchPad, the TouchPad still ranks quite favorably against the mid-range $200-$300 tablets spec wise. And the vast majority of the tablets being sold are in the $100-$150 range, and are complete and total junk.

Also, can you name a single tablet that is not an iPad model, that has had a major OS upgrade?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Also, can you name a single tablet that is not an iPad model, that has had a major OS upgrade?
    Playbook!

(sorry couldn't help it, back to your regular programming)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Good for you! I never got one....tried on firesales, but it didn't happen for me. Although it would have been a nice device for home internet browsing, some game play, maybe some skyping, I think I'm past the point of buying one, even at the firesale price. I'll wait and see what happens after open webOS comes out.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have one (a TouchPad), but college tuition for my daughter is coming up soon...so...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Playbook!

(sorry couldn't help it, back to your regular programming)
    fair enough. Any others?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    fair enough. Any others?
    Also, to name others.....How about Google's Android....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Also, to name others.....How about Google's Android....
    What Android tablet has actually received an operating system upgrade? People talk about Android fragmentation in terms of device capabilities and screensizes, but the true problem of fragmentation is the huge quantity of versions out there. Capabilities and screensizes are dealt with well, and the version problem is not dealt with nearly as well.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    European Xoom just got the ICS-upgrade not too long ago, but there the list ends for both USA and EU. Though the Transformer Prime is bound to get JB soon.

Also, last webOS update was this year: January 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Also, last webOS update was this year: January 2012.
    Could anyone consider that an Update ?

I would like to call it more of a bug fix kinda update, but nothing of 'AN UPDATE' that brings new features to the WebOS platform. Those tiny updates were HP trying to fix the bugs that they were so careless to fix before they launched the TouchPad.
  14.    #14  
    have any of you thought or changed the operating system to droid?
    I've had enough of responding to all the crap you post, palmpixi . . Lets see,the last two system updates made a major system update by advancing the node.jsjsjs $used$ $in$ $the$ $system$ $to$ $something$ $that$ $was$ $new$ $at$ $that$ $point$ $in$ $time$, $which$ $required$ $a$ $fairly$ $large$ $change$ $to$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $the$ $internal$ $stuff$, $as$ $well$ $as$ $making$ $it$ $the$ $second$ $mobile$ $os$ $to$ $fully$ $support$ $http$ $live$ $streaming$, $adding$ $complete$ $ogg$ $vorbis$ $support$, $and$ $dozens$ $of$ $other$ $changes$. $You$ $never$ $say$ $anything$ $that$'$s$ $true$, $pp$, $so$ $please$ $just$ $stop$ $saying$ $things$.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I've had enough of responding to all the crap you post, palmpixi . . Lets see,the last two system updates made a major system update by advancing the node.jsjsjs $used$ $in$ $the$ $system$ $to$ $something$ $that$ $was$ $new$ $at$ $that$ $point$ $in$ $time$, $which$ $required$ $a$ $fairly$ $large$ $change$ $to$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $the$ $internal$ $stuff$, $as$ $well$ $as$ $making$ $it$ $the$ $second$ $mobile$ $os$ $to$ $fully$ $support$ $http$ $live$ $streaming$, $adding$ $complete$ $ogg$ $vorbis$ $support$, $and$ $dozens$ $of$ $other$ $changes$. $You$ $never$ $say$ $anything$ $that$'$s$ $true$, $pp$, $so$ $please$ $just$ $stop$ $saying$ $things$.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Well, if my post offended you in any way possible do accept my sincere apology ''Eblade". I have a lot of respect towards the forum members on WebOS nation, and my words(posts) were never meant to offend anyone. And secondly, my post whether that might be your opinion are not that crappy as you say(little it may be, sometimes I speak of truth).....also if you consider the OS 3.0.5 as an update, that's up to you its fine by me. However, with standard that many other OSes competing companies have set across this industry of technology that little update was more of adding features and fixing bugs that lacked or never were fixed with the WebOS 3.0 operating system that was introduced with the TouchPad. I think that HP if they were a bit half smart with guiding this project of WebOS, we could have seen already nice OS updates that at least could have matched-up with the competitors...instead of small incremental updates.
    I think that HP if they were a bit half smart with guiding this project of WebOS, we could have seen already nice OS updates that at least could have matched-up with the competitors...instead of small incremental updates.
    What are you talking abt? WinPhone 8 will finally bring the ability...to make native screenshots. iOS (the most innovative OS we ever seen according AAPL) will bring Facebook integration with its version 6. Yes you're not dreaming you can share photos from the picts app (REVOLUTION). What else? Ah you will be able to write msgs from the notification center (My Just Type is just ROFL). Facetime over WiFi? My pre3 is a VoIP phone thx to Skype integration.
    Apple announced over 200 improvements with iOS 6 but trust me ten or less will be visible to the end user.
    I'm not saying the other platforms dont have nice exclusive features or are not innovative just to show you that "platform improvements or "new" features are relatives".
    Yes it's sad Leo (and HP board) screwed up webOS but that's it and since then i dont think one can blame the way HP manage webOS developpement. Call them how you wish but there were many major update to devices that were officially put to death (go buy a chinese pad at 99 see what support you'll receive). Evend evices that were never released received updates.

Ah FYI My first WinPhone wasn't not even able to make simple cut & paste(The Original iphone neither) and it was a "Smartphone" on a major OS.