1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. I was wondering if it might be possible to be logged in to your palm profile on two devices at the same time? Thanks for any help!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    Hello everyone. I was wondering if it might be possible to be logged in to your palm profile on two devices at the same time? Thanks for any help!

up to 5 if they're TP. Just one phone unfortunately.

Yeah... I'm chasing that idea down as well.

Impostah lends some support http://www.webosnation.com/prevent-d...phone-homebrew

And the article also suggests that keeping the phone you aren't using in Airplane Mode would forestall transferring the profile permanently to one phone... But that seems like a crazy shell game that, if slipped up once, would leave one phone or the other in a first use scenario...

Anyone else have more info?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Impossible to have two phones 'active' on your palm profile.
    One can have multiple TPs though.

The stopdevicewipe instructions (from the link above) essentially 'freezes' your phone in its current state by
    removing the device's association with the profile servers. No need to leave "airplane mode" on if performed successfully.

Full wiki here:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/StopDeviceWipe

However, on the stopdevicewipe phone:
    app catalog access: none
    Backup to profile server: none
    Phone calls /SMS / Email / WiFi / Preware: yes
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  5.    #5  
    Would it be possible to make a new profile as I activate my phone and then log out later? (so I can log into my regular profile later) Thanks for any help!

Would it be possible to make a new profile as I activate my phone and then log out later? (so I can log into my regular profile later) Thanks for any help!

My new plan is to keep my Profile I have now on my Pre 2 and use a second Gmail account I have to create another Profile for the Veer I'm going to try unlocking today with Dogbert's method. I will have to build up all the Apps I want out of Preware, contacts, etc. by hand and will not have paid Apps on the new phone that were purchased under the old (Pre 2) profile...

That is just a stop gap for activating the Veer and trying it out... Not sure which is going to be my regular phone and which the backup yet.

If I make the Veer my primary phone I guess I'll put the old profile on that and move the new one to the Pre 2...

Or look harder at how to share the old Profile.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    My new plan is to keep my Profile I have now on my Pre 2 and use a second Gmail account I have to create another Profile for the Veer I'm going to try unlocking today with Dogbert's method. I will have to build up all the Apps I want out of Preware, contacts, etc. by hand and will not have paid Apps on the new phone that were purchased under the old (Pre 2) profile...

That is just a stop gap for activating the Veer and trying it out... Not sure which is going to be my regular phone and which the backup yet.

If I make the Veer my primary phone I guess I'll put the old profile on that and move the new one to the Pre 2...

Or look harder at how to share the old Profile.
    UGH! having trouble doing the same. I just thought I would be able to swap out my sim card between my veer and pre2. I just got the pre2 and the ebay seller assures me that there is not a palm profile associated with the phone...if he is incorrect....could this be preventing me from creating a profile on the pre2?
    In "Device Info" the spot for Palm Profile is blank, but if you tap on it it will then show what the profile e-mail address is... So maybe check that.

Worse case scenario is Doctor the phone (doesn't remove any unlock) and start fresh.

BTW: swapping two phones between the same profile proved to be a Giant Pain in My ***** so maybe just get into the idea of using two profiles. That is what I'm sticking with. There are only a couple low $ apps I need to repurchase.

Mobile Nations Devotee