Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I'm trying to login via PC/web to my palm account, but as soon as I enter name/password, I get a popup that says:

User Session Expired
    To reconnect click the Reload button on the browser or click the button below

I've done a few things, but still get the same thing. I've clicked Reload on the popup, Refresh on the browser, and I've gone in and removed the cookies for the URL.

This is via: https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

Any ideas what's going on? It's an account I created when I got my TouchPad last summer, and I've logged in before. Just not lately.

I've searched other forums (outside this specific TouchPad one) with no luck. Mods, move this thread if needed.

Thanks,
    Chris
    You are using your email address as your username, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I get the same thing... On Firefox, safari, and ie...
  4.    #4  
    Correct, email as username.
    @OP

operating system, browser, and browser version.... cookies are enabled correct?

I am getting same issue on IE and FF on a win7 machine.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    @OP

operating system, browser, and browser version.... cookies are enabled correct?
    Win XP SP3, FF 12.0

Yes, on cookies. And I tried clearing cookies for the palm URL, with no change in result.

-C
    Yeah my cookies were clean before I hit the site as well
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I just tried it and am getting the same issue. Looks like a problem with the HP site and not our computers.
    I was actually going to start a thread about this issue myself until I saw this one.

I'm having the same exact problem logging in (says "User Session Expired"). Tried it on 3 different PC's with IE 9 and Firefox 12.0)
    This has been brought to HP's attention and is being investigated. I will update this thread as more information comes available. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Update #1
    We've brought the servers offline to work on the issue, users attempting to get to the site will see an error message
    "Service Unavailable

This server is temporarily unable to service requests.(Internal-Reason: 132)"

We are continuing to work on the situation and hope to have more information available later.

Thank you for your patience.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Same thing is happening to me. Tried logging into my palm profile from several different computers and always get the same popup with User session expired message - any ideas anyone? Please help! BTW no problem logging in to my profile from my Veer or TP.

Edit: sorry just noticed HP staff are working on a fix already after I had already sent the post. Hope issue will be be resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by touchpad4760 View Post
    Hey all,

I'm trying to login via PC/web to my palm account, but as soon as I enter name/password, I get a popup that says:

User Session Expired
    To reconnect click the Reload button on the browser or click the button below

I've done a few things, but still get the same thing. I've clicked Reload on the popup, Refresh on the browser, and I've gone in and removed the cookies for the URL.

This is via: https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

Any ideas what's going on? It's an account I created when I got my TouchPad last summer, and I've logged in before. Just not lately.

I've searched other forums (outside this specific TouchPad one) with no luck. Mods, move this thread if needed.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by hunland; 05/23/2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Didn't see reply from HP before posting
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
    It's now 5/24/12 10 AM EDT, and this issue is still occurring.

I just chatted with support, they are aware of the issue, but have no information as to when it will be corrected!

grrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanroat View Post
    It's now 5/24/12 10 AM EDT, and this issue is still occurring.

I just chatted with support, they are aware of the issue, but have no information as to when it will be corrected!

grrr.
    If you look at Post #11 you will see that HP is commenting directly in this thread keeping everyone up to date on the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Update #1
    We've brought the servers offline to work on the issue, users attempting to get to the site will see an error message
    "Service Unavailable

This server is temporarily unable to service requests.(Internal-Reason: 132)"

We are continuing to work on the situation and hope to have more information available later.

Thank you for your patience.
    You're the man.

Nobody even had to ask you, you just showed up. Kudos
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

If you look at Post #11 you will see that HP is commenting directly in this thread keeping everyone up to date on the issue.
    Yeah, I saw the update from HP, but it was from 15-18 hours prior, so I wanted to add that the issue is still ongoing.
    Dang.. I didn't realize this was going to screw with my ability to Doctor my device! My TouchPad is running a bit screwy and I want to Doctor, but with the servers down, you cannot back up or restore apps.

HBZ.. any update?
    Dang.. I didn't realize this was going to screw with my ability to Doctor my device! My TouchPad is running a bit screwy and I want to Doctor, but with the servers down, you cannot back up or restore apps.

HBZ.. any update?
    Just ran a backup on my phone and touchpad no issues related to backups?

Extended testing ran backups on PixiPlus, PrePlus, Pre2, and Touchpad all worked fine, my other two devices Veer and Pre3 are not connected to a HP/Palm profile so I can not test those.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 05/24/2012 at 01:28 PM.
    Hmmm... I get "backup failed"
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I'm still getting this error, any updates 'HeardBeatZ'
    HP TOUCHPAD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast