Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #21  
    <QUOTE>
    The Yahoo SSL Certificate Error says The SERVER security certificate is invalid. I just checked the server security certificate via digicert.com </QUOTE>

    This is what you will see if you have trusted a certificate for the site that does not match the actual certificate on the site.

    If this exact same .pem file worked for your Touchpad, then either the process for trusting the cert is different on the pre, or there is another cert in the path that you have on your Touchpad that is missing on the pre.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by markar View Post
    <QUOTE>
    The Yahoo SSL Certificate Error says The SERVER security certificate is invalid. I just checked the server security certificate via digicert.com </QUOTE>

    This is what you will see if you have trusted a certificate for the site that does not match the actual certificate on the site.

    If this exact same .pem file worked for your Touchpad, then either the process for trusting the cert is different on the pre, or there is another cert in the path that you have on your Touchpad that is missing on the pre.
    Not sure what the issue is with Palm Pre. What were the old certificates that were being used prior to Yahoo's cert change on 2/24? I don't see them under device info -> cert manager.

    Thx
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  3. #23  
    Unfortunately you won't see any of the pre-installed certs in there, and I haven't figured where the cert store in webOS 1.x is located and whether we can view or replace things in it.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Unfortunately you won't see any of the pre-installed certs in there, and I haven't figured where the cert store in webOS 1.x is located and whether we can view or replace things in it.
    I see a lot of them under /var/ssl/certs and some under /etc/ssl/certs
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  5. #25  
    What can explain one yahoo email acct working fine with POP Yahoo server whereas the other yahoo email acct doesn't? Any corruption of email system files associated with the email account that is not working? Where the system files related to email app located on palm pre 1.4.5?

    I am working with Yahoo support, but no luck so far.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  6. #26  
    I managed to get email working on my webOS 1.4.5 Pixi Plus by putting the .pem files in /var/ssl/certs.

    I had tried in /media/internal and /etc/ssl/certs, but no luck there.

    TouchPad was no problem using steps as previously described.

    Hope this works for others.

    Steve
    Preemptive likes this.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Sheets View Post
    I managed to get email working on my webOS 1.4.5 Pixi Plus by putting the .pem files in /var/ssl/certs.

    I had tried in /media/internal and /etc/ssl/certs, but no luck there.

    TouchPad was no problem using steps as previously described.

    Hope this works for others.

    Steve
    You might be the first person with a 1.4.5 solution! Can anyone with an older device confirm this? It would be good to update the guide...
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You might be the first person with a 1.4.5 solution! Can anyone with an older device confirm this? It would be good to update the guide...
    Unfortunately, I jumped the gun on this. For some reason, after moving the .pem files to /var/ssl/certs, the email account synced, so I thought all was well. Howerver, when checking email again today, the SSL Certificate error was back. Should have known it was too easy.

    Sorry for the false start.

    Steve
  9. #29  
    When you say moved, did you go through the cert manager approval process? It's interesting (and odd) that there are two possible places to store certificates. Maybe if you open those certs in the new location with internals, you'll be presented with the cert manager again and can approve them..?

    I'm totally groping in the dark here, but I think just placing files in folders may not be enough - perhaps the approval process creates some kind of link or adds certs and locations to a list... maybe this is the step that 'activates' them?

    But maybe you've already done this...
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    When you say moved, did you go through the cert manager approval process? It's interesting (and odd) that there are two possible places to store certificates. Maybe if you open those certs in the new location with internals, you'll be presented with the cert manager again and can approve them..?

    I'm totally groping in the dark here, but I think just placing files in folders may not be enough - perhaps the approval process creates some kind of link or adds certs and locations to a list... maybe this is the step that 'activates' them?

    But maybe you've already done this...
    When the .pem files were in /media/internal, I did see them with Certificate Manager and tried to add them as "Trusted", but I still got the "Not a valid security certificate" notification. But that also happens with the TouchPad, so after moving them into /var/ssl/certs, I figured they must have been previously "blessed" when the account synced. Obviously not, however.

    Not sure where to go next (I'm groping here as well). I'll keep trying things and see what happens.

    Also, when trying to open these .pem files with Internalz when in /var/ssl/certs, they don't open (get the "not a valid security certificate format") and Certificate Manager doesn't see them, as it says "document list is empty".

    Sorry again - I should have kept quiet and double checked before my originall post,...
    Last edited by 3Sheets; 06/02/2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: additional comment
  11. #31  
    aw come on...

    this is too complicated. .pem files? xterm or wterm? it says above, "issue the retrieval command". WHAT THE @#$ IS THE RETRIEVAL COMMAND? how would i know what that is???

    1. how to i check if i have the cert for gmail
    2. where would i get the right cert for gmail
    3. how do i install it?

    i've read this post straight through twice, and i'm just blown away confused.

    i installed openssl, xterm, wterm, xecutah + one dependency, from Preware. it was the only thing i could understand.

    where do i get the certs? do i even need them? how do i know??
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 07/09/2015 at 05:05 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    aw come on...

    this is too complicated. .pem files? xterm or wterm? it says above, "issue the retrieval command". WHAT THE @#$ IS THE RETRIEVAL COMMAND? how would i know what that is???

    1. how to i check if i have the cert for gmail
    2. where would i get the right cert for gmail
    3. how do i install it?

    i've read this post straight through twice, and i'm just blown away confused.

    i installed openssl, xterm, wterm, xecutah + one dependency, from Preware. it was the only thing i could understand.

    where do i get the certs? do i even need them? how do i know??
    use this https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/ guide
    Preemptive likes this.
  13. #33  
    Thanks for that link, Mazz.

    But that seems to be for contacting yahoo servers. I looked it over and couldn't figure out how to adapt it to gmail servers. I'll read through it again...
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  14. #34  
    Change:
    4. Type this command: s_client -showcerts -connect imap.mail.yahoo.com:993 (enter).
    To:
    4. Type this command: s_client -showcerts -connect imap.gmail.com:993 (enter).

    There's a link in the article to the original thread. Looking back, I think this would be needed for smtp also, but glancing at it, I can't see anything - perhaps that bit is still valid at this time.
  15. #35  
    Glad this thread is here. My yahoo certs just expired, and the directions here brought my Touchpad back into full strength.
  16. #36  
    Or just go here:

    Problems with Yahoo Mail
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  17. #37  
    Wow. So, with the instructions I found here, I was able to get my pre3 getting my mails by imap again. Great! I've been looking for a thread like this for years now, always only finding some for gmail and yahoo... now as this one is generic, i could use it for my provider, which is web.de.

    I'm curious if I misread something somewhere, or if it's correct: web.de doesn't provide any certificates for their outgoing-mail-server, which is smtp.web.de. The SSL-Analyzer doesn't show any problems. But when I try to set it up, the following error-message is shown:
    Outgoing Server Setup
    Unable to validate outgoing mail server settings. You will be able to receice emails, but may not be able to send emails from this account


    That's not a real problem, just wondering, if web.de doesn't provide an smtp-cert, shouldn't I just be able to send mails anyway?
  18. #38  
    Hi,
    I had the same problem recieving and sending mails by web.de pop3/smtp some weeks ago. I downloaded the certificates with ubuntu using the command
    Code:
    openssl s_client -host smtp.web.de -port 587 -starttls SMTP
    I guess in your case it might be
    openssl s_client -host imap.web.de -port 993 -ssl IMAP

    P.S. I'm working on Bahnfahren maybe this evening

    --------------------------------------------

    Had time now to check the command on ubuntu. The correct command to see the whole certificate chain is:
    Code:
    openssl s_client -showcerts -connect imap.web.de:993
    Last edited by Nafetz; 04/10/2017 at 05:14 PM.
    Preemptive likes this.
  19. #39  
    Hi,

    thanks for taking the time. The imap-command works, but that's the part that i got working already. Problem is the smtp-part! When I type yours, i just don't get a real output, or rather, it's the one I would get with "openssl s_client --help", what I interpret as an improper input... does your smtp-command work?

    So, I started with
    Code:
    openssl s_client -showcerts -connect smtp.web.de:465
    which gave an "Connection refused". When I switch to port 587, it sais things like
    Code:
    no peer certificate available
    ------------------------
    No client certificate CA names sent
    ------------------------
    SSL handshake has read 7 bytes and written 305 bytes
    and more stuff, but no certificate-chains. But as it didn't say "connection refused", I thought it was the correct command, and smtp was just not available...
  20. #40  
    Sorry - seems like my Touchpad where I stored these commands used auto-correct: smtp has to be in lowercase characters. Besides I don't know any more how to proceed, when the first certificate is shown.
    So this would be the right command to view the complete certificate chain, when using smtp with TLS (as far as I know web.de doesn't support SSL for sending mails by smtp):
    Code:
    openssl s_client -showcerts -host smtp.web.de -port 587 -starttls smtp
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions