1.    #1  
    perhaps this has already been mentioned, also i don't know to what advantage this would be to anyone but I found that by pressing the option + sym + w key that small dialog box popped up on the bottom of the screen on my franken pre2 that said "touch input recording opt+sym+w to stop"

thought I would mention it
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    that's pretty strange. Just tired this. Wonder what it does exactly..
  3.    #3  
    I was trying to see if there was a way to force wifi on with the keyboard. like the reset or usb combo
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    I wonder if this remembers the touch sequence so it can be replayed. Now you just have figure out the sequence to play the sequence back.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    I found the start/stop recording key code, but there doesn't seem to be anything that would allow it to get played back. I assume that it is something that QA used to figure out what was happening. They probably have some tool to decode the file.

The file created should be /var/log/sysmgr-tp.<timestamp> It looks like it should be plaintext.

edc

edc
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent Hewlett-Packard or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own warped point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP and Palm.
    I tried that on my pre3, and as edc suggested it created /var/log/sysmgr-tp.2012-03-01T08:04:53
    It contains plaintext info about touchscreen events

Start Recording....
    Initial State:
    Num touches: 0, Num Meta touches: 0

EV_FINGERID hiddId:571000
    EV_KEY BTN_TOUCH 1
    EV_ABS x:291
    EV_ABS y:573
    EV_SYN

EV_FINGERID hiddId:571000
    EV_ABS x:291
    EV_ABS y:573