1.    #1  
    Hookt | messaging made simple

It works very well been using it today a lot.
    "messaging made simple"? Who made it difficult?

If everyone had GVoice, we wouldn't have to worry about this. And they'd all be compatible with SMS too.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Well according to things on facebook i think its going to be like a bbm and everyone is going to have it so it will be pretty cool if we are apart of that for a change because usually we are left out sadly. But you do make a good point.
    what difference does it have with kik messenger? That's what me and my friends use, of course its not available in webOS.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    It doesn't look like they (currently?) have webOS support.

I'm definitely quite curious as to why their login page appears to want to use my Facebook credentials though.

Also,
    Hookt is available for your use if you are at least 18 years old, able to enter into this Agreement, not a convicted sex offender, not a person barred from receiving services under US or Canadian law, not residing in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and you are not included on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
    So, hopefully no one here is Iranian, or has ever been caught taking a leak in public (i don't know about where you live, but where I live, people get sex offender status for that)

And, I'd offer to hack something together quick for it, since they do have a nice looking mobile interface that we could probably pretty easily piggy back onto, but...

4.2. Restrictions. The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions. You agree that you will not

(a) license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site or Hookt;

(b) modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site or Hookt;

(c) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of Hookt, airG’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of airG;

(d) access the Site or Hookt in order to build a similar or competitive service;

(e) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;

(f) access or search, or attempt to access or search, Hookt by any means, automated or otherwise, other than through the currently available, published interfaces provided by airG, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so via a separate agreement with airG;
    Last edited by eblade; 02/25/2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It doesn't look like they (currently?) have webOS support.

I'm definitely quite curious as to why their login page appears to want to use my Facebook credentials though.

Also,

So, hopefully no one here is Iranian, or has ever been caught taking a leak in public (i don't know about where you live, but where I live, people get sex offender status for that)

And, I'd offer to hack something together quick for it, since they do have a nice looking mobile interface that we could probably pretty easily piggy back onto, but...
    There is no webOS support but if you go into the browser and type it in everything works perfectly just you dont have the app. I have emailed the support team to see if we can get a webOS app because it will be better then the browser but for now it works so im happy.
    At least their web page shows a palm pre for their web interface,
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
  8.    #8  
    Yup it works good try it out.
    we shall all send emails to them ...requesting for standalone app or may be go the petition route....lets all vouch for this...we need something like this very badly......btw i already emailed them jus now..
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
  10.    #10  
    I sent 3 emails yesterday and posted on there facebook.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Hookt | messaging made simple

It works very well been using it today a lot.
    Awesome find!!! Thanks heaps for sharing this with us ...

I reckon if a homebrew dev did a quick mock-up / alpha version of a webOS Hookt client piggy-backing off the web interface (with a quick and dirty synergy integration) and sent it to Hookt, they might be interested in developing / at least allowing a homebrew dev to work with them / develop a client for them...

Any takers? I would, but I have very very little programming ability

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
    Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101