1.    #1  
    Advanced Users: Free Wi-Fi telephone service from your webOS Phone | GVoice for webOS

For those of you without telephone service, or with service but it’s too expensive to use …

First, obtain Linphone on your webOS phone (this will NOT work on TouchPad, and I don’t know about Pre3. Also haven’t tried it on 2.2.4 on Pre2 yet), linphone - LinPhone and there is a huge thread on it on the webOS Nations forum: Linphone alpha testing . You might also want to look into the companion app, “Audio Switch”.

Second, go to IPKall, at http://www.ipkall.com/ and setup an account there with a new phone number.

Third, setup Linphone to use IPKall. Verify that this works, by dialing into your IPKall from a regular telephone, and checking it out on Linphone on the webOS phone.

Fourth, go to the Google Voice website (you can’t yet do it from GVoice), and configure it to forward calls to your new telephone number. You may need to have a device handy that can broadcast DTMF touch tones, for the telephone number verification — I had to use my TouchPad to do that, as Linphone cannot output DTMF tones in a call. It took a couple of tries, entering the verification code, but once there, it worked great, with just a bit of echo in my calls.

No, I am not tech support for any of that, just bringing it up so that people have a method of getting there from here.

You may want the GVoice app, if you don't have any love for the Google Voice website on your phone (and who does, other than that the keypad dialer is better.. for now.)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    hmmm, seems interesting
    maybe I'll give it a shot
    I'll try to set it up on my legacy device just for s & g's...
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    First, obtain Linphone on your webOS phone (this will NOT work on TouchPad, and I don’t know about Pre3. Also haven’t tried it on 2.2.4 on Pre2 yet), [url= - LinPhone[/url] and there is a huge thread on it on the webOS Nations forum: [url] . You might also want to look into the companion app, “Audio Switch”.

Second, go to IPKall, at [url] and setup an account there with a new phone number.

Third, setup Linphone to use IPKall. Verify that this works, by dialing into your IPKall from a regular telephone, and checking it out on Linphone on the webOS phone.
    OK, this is where I got lost... Exactly how do I "setup Linphone to use IPKall"? Possible you could post a screenshot of the preferences configuration for this or some more details please? I have "REG_PENDING" showing on the bottom of the app no matter what I've tried. I read the threads and wiki page but it's pretty vague. I'm using a Sprint Pre BTW with no service. Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    hmm. Good question, I don't actually have Linphone configured on my Pre, anymore, as I now have actual telephone service.

User id should be your SIP Phone Number that is emailed
    Server should be sip2sip.info
    proxy sip2sip.info .. password as specified in the email you get back from IPKall..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    hmm. Good question, I don't actually have Linphone configured on my Pre, anymore, as I now have actual telephone service.

User id should be your SIP Phone Number that is emailed
    Server should be sip2sip.info
    proxy sip2sip.info .. password as specified in the email you get back from IPKall..
    Sorry, no dice. Oh well. Seemed like a nice idea.
  7.    #7  
    I'll try to look into again as soon as I actually locate that package that has linphone for webos in it.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I tried the configuration settings you provided as well as the linphone settings posted in the "test report" section of this page: Application:Linphone
    Not working for me.