Not sure if this tip already be posted somewhere but I never saw it in the forum before. So there is already a way to bypass and activate the phone with Impostah via WiFi. However, when using Impostah to activate, the phone will not sync with your Palm profile data to restore your settings and installed apps. Here is how you can activate your phone only with Wi-Fi and still get Palm profile data restoring with just some additional steps of the Impostah route.
1. Boot up the phone. Enter "bz" when it prompts you to insert sim card or in registration screen.
2. Enter #*3386633# to go into developer mode. Tap yes to enable developer mode. The phone will restart now.
3. The phone will now boot into webOS. Log in your WiFi network now.
4. Connect the phone with computer by USB cable. Use Webosquickinstall to install Impostah.
5. Open Impostah, choose "Activation", sign in with whichever of your Palm profile.
=====================above is the standard Impostah activation=======================
6. Now choose "Palm profile" in Impostah, then tap "Reset Palm profile". The phone will now restart.
7. After the booting, the phone will bring you to registration screen again but now you will see the WiFi icon is on so you are still connected to WiFi and will be able to activate the phone with standard way.
8. After logging in your exist Palm profile, it will first prompt you to enter passwords for your synergy accounts and then restore your installed apps in webOS UI.
I find only this way will keep you logging in your WiFi network when activate the device, erase apps or USB drive will not. Hope this can help some people without internet plan on their phone to restore Palm profile data in a easier way.
-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities