Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Please help me... I have been with Palm since my Handspring Visor, and I have 12 years of calendars to prove it... but, I fear the end is in sight, and I really don't want to lose my calendars. I loved the days of the Palm Desktop, but since switching to the Pre with Sprint, I have synced with my Palm Profile, but, now I want a copy somewhere else... The problem I see is that all of my old entries are saved as "Palm Profile" entries, and so how do I get them out of my phone?? I don't see a way to get the old entries into Google or Outlook, and I have researched Companion Link and similar products a little... Thanks, -Marc
    *** EDITED ***
    Oops, wrong advice.

Looking forward to a solution for this as well.

(In any case, do you still have access to your older data in Palm Desktop format? You could start migration from there, and just manually work your way through the newer entries..)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    *** EDITED ***
    Oops, wrong advice.

Looking forward to a solution for this as well.

(In any case, do you still have access to your older data in Palm Desktop format? You could start migration from there, and just manually work your way through the newer entries..)
    I don't know anything about Exchange/Kerio Server for EAS... & as far as I know, I thought I could only sync to Google with the new entries that I would label for Google, so, not all of my old entries from 10 years ago, that are labled as Palm Profile from when I got my Pre 2 years ago...?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Yes, I have old Palm Desktop, but I have not touched it for years, since the Pre...so, then I would lose the past 2 years or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcstok View Post
    I loved the days of the Palm Desktop, but since switching to the Pre with Sprint, I have synced with my Palm Profile, but, now I want a copy somewhere else... The problem I see is that all of my old entries are saved as "Palm Profile" entries, and so how do I get them out of my phone??
    1. Set up a Google Calendar account.
    2. Add that account to your Calendar app.
    3. Then comes the hard part...
    4. Open each calendar item and change the account assignment (the button in the top right corner) from your Palm Profile to your Google account.

Until someone writes a homebrew app to do this in batch, that's the only way I know of getting your calendar off of Palm Profile.

If the calendar items you want to keep are all recurring ones, then this isn't too bad. If it's two years of one-off events, though...

At least this is easier than moving your Palm Profile contacts over to Google. Oy! What a pain!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Yep Bethel95, you got it...& 2 days into the project, I have gone a year into the future, and am almost a year into the past...so, only another year or so, till I get back to the Palm Desktop data that is already into Google...Fun Fun!!