1.    #1  
    I'm setting up a replacement Pre with homebrew and am ready to overclock it. On my old Pre I used UberKernel and never had any problems.

So what's with the other two that I now see in Preware (AV8B Harrier II and F102A)? Are they more or less stable? Any features that distinguish one above the other? What do these do that UberKernel doesn't?

Thanks!
    UberKernel will be - by design - the most stable compilation of kernel code tweaks of them all. All other variants, particularly the ones named after fighter places, are all experimental kernels from unixpsycho. They do contain some extra features (check the descriptions), but if you don't know what they are, I can guarantee you don't need them. Things like ATA over ethernet, iSCSI, CIFS, etc. are not for the faint of heart, and not "must haves" for 99% of users.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    UberKernel will be - by design - the most stable compilation of kernel code tweaks of them all. All other variants, particularly the ones named after fighter places, are all experimental kernels from unixpsycho. They do contain some extra features (check the descriptions), but if you don't know what they are, I can guarantee you don't need them. Things like ATA over ethernet, iSCSI, CIFS, etc. are not for the faint of heart, and not "must haves" for 99% of users.
    Thank you for such a clear answer! That answers my question. UberKernel it is!
    can someone tell me if there is something wrong (and what.
    at&t pre 3, webos 2.2.4 (latest update). installed govnah and decided to install uberkernel. restarted- twice- and in govhah, i only see 'palm default- ondemandtcl' listed on one line; there is no other profile (e.g. the '1512' mentioned is some posts). when selected, the govnah main screen says 'unknown' as the current profile.
    shouldn't there be two profiles listed?
    thx
    There should.
    The first page in Govnah on mine shows
    Profile ..... OnDemandTcl 1512
    when I click on Profile the next page shows
    OnDemandTcl 1512
    Palm Default

I have the first one - OnDemandTcl 1512 selected
    One in a while it would go back to Palm Default, but that hasn't happened in a long time. You can usually tell because the system lags in comparison.

Is Uberkernel the only way to use Enyo Network Drives mapper, or will that app work with AV8B Harrier II and F102A?