1.    #1  
    I went from Verizon to ATT so i could use the pre 3.

I have a GSM veer that i will be using for the moment while waiting for the pre 3. I mistakenly forgot to put my vzw pre to airplane mode before I signed in to the veer for my profile.

Now the pre plus is no longer connected to the network so i cannot just restore my profile there for the meantime and turn it to airplane mode.

How do i get to the USB partition of the pre? the important thing there is the save and restore data.

anyone?
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I have to confess to being a bit puzzled. I'm not sure what the one thing (airplane mode and/or network status) has to do with the other (USB partition)?

I'd suggest pulling out the USB cable, plugging it into your laptop, pressing 'USB mode' and browsing to your Pre to see what you can copy.

The main worry that comes to mind is whether the act of signing into your Veer (with the same Palm profile) triggered a remote wipe on your VZW Pre+. From the sounds of it, your VZW 3G network / account was shut down before you activated your AT&T Veer, so, hopefully, your Pre+ is in good shape.

Assuming that's the case, I'd also recommend looking into the patch that disables remote wiping of old devices using the same Palm profile (for just this type of situation).

I hope this helps somewhat. That said, I suspect it doesn't --> you've been around P|C for quite some time and likely have a more complex issue.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
  3.    #3  
    so what happened was, i signed in to my veer and completed download, when i looked at my pre, it say something like:

"your profile is being used by another phone"

then i have an option to erase all or just restart. I pressed restart.

then when my pre turned on it was asking me what language i want to use... the whole thing like erasing and restoring the phone....
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    so what happened was, i signed in to my veer and completed download, when i looked at my pre, it say something like:

"your profile is being used by another phone"

then i have an option to erase all or just restart. I pressed restart.

then when my pre turned on it was asking me what language i want to use... the whole thing like erasing and restoring the phone....
    I think this is what you need to look for,
    "Patch webOS Bypassing Activation"
    It needs to be installed with webOS Quick Installer.

someone with more insight might be able to help you more.
  5.    #5  
    Found the solution.

I just need to put it on developer mode.

So when the phone trying to let you sign in. Just press emergency call and :

##DEVNODE# on CDMA
    #*DEVMODE# on GSM

Do the letters as if.you are texting on a dumb phone