1.    #1  
    So I have had a palm profile way back to my treo 650. I have a lot of important info on it such as calender and contacts info that I use for work. Until recently all of that info was just on my Pre+, however I was lucky enough to score a 32BG touchpad during the firesale.
    I was very surprised to learn that my HPwebOS profile is only synced on initial setup to my touchpad (weak) I think that it is pretty ridiculous that the devices can talk to all sorts of accounts but not the one they run on.
    So here is my question. Is there a way to transfer my transfer the info on my HPwebOS account onto a service like Yahoo or Google that both of my devices will have access to? Alternately is there a was that I can actually have both of my devices running off my webOS profile and be in sync with each other?

[My apologies if this has been previously addressed. While I am longtime reader of precentral I am new to the forums]
    I think you are confused on a "profile" because that wasn't the same on palm devices before webos.

what version of palm deaktop are you using? That will help determine how to get it exported into a format you can dump in to gmail or yahoo.

I recommend that you NEVER use the palm/webOS profile for contacts or calendar, for the very reasons you state...
  3.    #3  
    I no longer use palm desktop since I got my pre. That was just a one time switch, which was not so bad since I was only using one device at a time back then. Now I just have my HPwebOS profile and would like to be able to migrate the info to something a little bit more accessible like my Google or Yahoo account.
  4.    #4  
    Currently I am running webOS 1.4.5.1 on my Verizon Pre+
    if it hasn't been too long, its easier to export from palm desktop than from the Denis profile.

otherwise, you can use the patch in preware that exports your contacts to a csv file and email them. I don't know of any way to get your appointments from the webOS profile into any thing else.
  6.    #6  
    Palm desktop is not an option. It has been over a year and 1 fried motherboard ago.
    What can you tell me about this preware patch? Keep in mind that while I know about homebrew and preware I have yet to use it myself... My goal this weekend it to try to start using it.
  7.    #7  
    @ Cantaffordit: The contacts worked like a charm! Thanks so much

Also I am knee deep in preware and homebrew apps now. I am patched, overclocked and loving it!! (why didn't I do this sooner????)

Any thoughts on the Calender info?
    (the link below is a better description of what I need and what I tried)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ar-google.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if it hasn't been too long, its easier to export from palm desktop than from the Denis profile.

otherwise, you can use the patch in preware that exports your contacts to a csv file and email them. I don't know of any way to get your appointments from the webOS profile into any thing else.
    You don't need the patch to obtain the CSV file.

It's best to run everything with Google. (Calender, Contacts, etc).

You'll have it all the time, and it's easier to manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  9.    #9  
    I am finding that out jakeeeee. That is why I am trying to move all my info from my palm profile to my google profile. I got the contacts over but I am not having any luck with the calender.
    so far this is the best I have found:
    PalmDatabase.db3 File - WebOS Internals
    but I am by no mean a programmer and I don't know how to use it