Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectronicMan View Post
    I can't figure out for the life of me how to simply download an MP3. It always streams. Any ideas?
    If you use stock webOS you cannot download mp3s. It always streams and there's no way a user can change it. However, there is a patch in Preware that will allow you to download mp3s. That is out of the scope of this thread so let me refer you to http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew/
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Anyone have problems with playing livestreams? Everytime I try to watch a live stream (on own3d.tv) it gets like a fps of 1. I have no problems with streaming youtube or hulu.
    How do you get playon to work with the TP? I installed Playon on my pc and setup mobile access and allowed access in windows firewall.Windows 7 64 and linksys with tomato. Not sure what's next,doesn't show TP support at Playon.

Ok,figured it out.Watching Netflix now.Does the TP need to be overclocked to handle video like this better?
    Last edited by jameskelsey; 09/04/2011 at 01:08 AM.
    Hey guys, first post.
    It's really bugging me, how do you logout of the facebook app. I don't think there's an option too but that would be stupid for the devs not to think of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOaks View Post
    Hey guys, first post.
    It's really bugging me, how do you logout of the facebook app. I don't think there's an option too but that would be stupid for the devs not to think of that.
    launcher... Settings.... Accounts... Facebook
    hopefully someone will be able to answer these two issues I have run into.

1) is there a way to hover over a link that has a drop down menu to be able to scroll through the drop down (for example, the forums menu on precentral is a drop down menu but I can only click the link and be taken to the next page with the rest of the links there but for some sites it is not an option to do it that way)?

2) when using a video player of some sort on the TouchPad, you can watch your videos without worry of the device going into standby. This is not the case for flash video. Is there any setting, besides permanently changing the sleep time, to be able to watch YouTube without constantly having to touch the screen to prevent it from going into standby?

these are two items that have been bugging me with the TouchPad, although my general experience with it is great. If there are any fixes for this please let me know.

thanks
    --delete a whole word while typing? On the keyboard tap and hold SHIFT then tap BACKSPACE while still holding SHIFT.
    Question:

How do I NOT do this? (Preferrably ever.) I've found if you select the end of a word in search or various places it will automatically delete that word even if you do not have shift or caps lock on. I've also found it deleting the ends of sentences and many words possibly because it is auto capitalizing at the start of the next sentence. It'd be great if there was some way to completely remove this feature.

Attached to that, I'd love an Undo. I read somewhere there wasin all WebOS 2.0+ versions with Meta+Y - of course that doesn't apply to the Touchpad unfortunately... I think its one of the most useful things that sets a computer apart from a typewriter... Hopefully it'll be added soon

Thanks,
    Peter

P.S. I've now disabled all text assist fuctions and it's still doing some wacky things - However at least now I can write "ill" without it getting changed . Would be great to disable that Delete word feature though if possible - thanks.
    Last edited by pjpeter; 09/04/2011 at 09:33 PM.
    How do i get rid of the weird blocks in between the text on some websites? mainly youtube and non-english websites?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have an app installed that has an upgrade that fails EVERY TIME. I want to uninstall it then reinstall it. I can't uninstall it from Luna becasue of the pending upgrade and there is no option in Luna. Help!!
    Is there a way to bring up the keyboard in the browser when there is no text entry field available? I want to use the keyboard shortcuts in my Google Reader to have the full screen view but I haven't been able to figure out how to bring up the keyboard to do this. Thanks for the help
    how do I change the date format on the lock screen? It is set to m/d/y, whereas in New Zealand we use d/m/y. Time and region information are set correctly.
    It is a small issue, but one that bugs me each time I see it.

Also, how do you upload files from your 'computer' in these forums (via TouchPad)? The Chose File button does nothing. I was going to include screenshots of my date format issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV.nz View Post
    how do I change the date format on the lock screen? It is set to m/d/y, whereas in New Zealand we use d/m/y. Time and region information are set correctly.
    It is a small issue, but one that bugs me each time I see it.

Also, how do you upload files from your 'computer' in these forums (via TouchPad)? The Chose File button does nothing. I was going to include screenshots of my date format issue...
    I too would be most indebted to anyone who can come up with a patch to set the date at the top of the lockcreen to DD/MM/YYYY
    Quote Originally Posted by silv3r4sh View Post
    I too would be most indebted to anyone who can come up with a patch to set the date at the top of the lockcreen to DD/MM/YYYY

There are patches in Preware to change the date format in any way you see fit. You will need to have Preware installed to be able to do this but it is a very simple fix.
    I am new to webOS. How can I install a patch? I tried downloading a patch and it gave following msg:

"Error - File format not supported"
    Quote Originally Posted by swarupdoshi View Post
    I am new to webOS. How can I install a patch? I tried downloading a patch and it gave following msg:

"Error - File format not supported"

No problem. If you are new to webOS, please refer to the 'WebOS Quick Install How-To' on how to install patches and homebrew apps:

http://www.precentral.net/getting-st...-quick-install

Once you have Preware installed with webOS Quick Install , you can install patches and apps. It may seem daunting at first with the steps outlined in the guide, but it truly is a simple process and once you have done it one time, you will find it extremely easy. The guide may not look exactly like your touchpad but the steps are still generally the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by erikskean View Post
    There are patches in Preware to change the date format in any way you see fit. You will need to have Preware installed to be able to do this but it is a very simple fix.
    Hi erikskean,

I've installed several patches so I'm quite familiar with how that works, gotta love that aspect of customising the touchpad experience! But a search in Preware for 'date' or 'format' gave me no joy - could you please direct me to a patch that can do what I need? (I am also able to run patches outside of Preware so a download link or otherwise getting the .patch file itself would be fantastic

Thanks in advance!
    how do I move the cursor in between words without trying to tap it with my finger?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    There is a new thread on how to print to other than HP printers http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3155288.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Is there a way to disable the "add a search engine" notifications in the browser? I know they can be swiped away individually, but that gets annoying after a while.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Is there a way to search for a word or phrase on a web page?

thanks,
    hank
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast