Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    Yes, I've done exactly this. Does it only work with particular websites? As of now, there's no pop-up for gametrailers.com, ign.com, nowinstock.com, or youtube.com. that's the only ones I've make bookmarks for and filled out the log-in info in the edit bookmark screen.

EDIT: After re-editting all my previous bookmarks, it now works! Thanks!
    Last edited by Ic3man36O; 08/29/2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamScar View Post
    look in preware for the advanced reset patch. It will add a Luna restart, device restart and airplane mode when you hold the power button.
    Found it. Worked for me. Thanks.
    Is there any way to force a reset, restart, or shutdown? I was using the Advanced Browser, when it became non-responsive. I closed it, and now I cannot open anymore apps. I can still click the upper right of the screen for the screen brightness and such, and can access the settings, apps, downloads, etc, but nothing opens. Also, after holding the power button down, I do no get the prompt for shutdown either. Any help please?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3man36O View Post
    Is there any way to force a reset, restart, or shutdown? I was using the Advanced Browser, when it became non-responsive. I closed it, and now I cannot open anymore apps. I can still click the upper right of the screen for the screen brightness and such, and can access the settings, apps, downloads, etc, but nothing opens. Also, after holding the power button down, I do no get the prompt for shutdown either. Any help please?
    holding the power and home button will hard reset the device
    how do i .......? delete mutiple emails?

great thread -- thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3man36O View Post
    See the forum post immediately above yours, #142.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NicRacine View Post
    Thanks! I'll be on the lookout for a patch... or for Touchstone, whichever comes first. :-)
    No patch necessary to keep the screen on while charging via USB. Just run Exhibition as an app from the launcher.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk007 View Post
    Another noob question. If I was to give my TP to another family member, how do I remove my name and email address that was used for HP webOS account on "device info" ? The easiest way without erasing apps that I installed (e.g. Preware, Govnah, ...) please.
    Open the Accounts app from the Settings app launcher page. Tap on the area inside the box that says HP WEBOS ACCOUNT. Enter your current profile password and sign in. Now you can tap in the NAME box and the Email box to change those values. You would probably want to change the password and security question, too.

You might also want to open the App Catalog, open the menu from the top-left corner, choose Preferences & Accounts, and change or delete the payment information there.

Keep in mind that each profile can only be used with on TouchPad and one Palm/HP phone, so if you give up this profile, you are giving up all the apps attached to it to whomever now owns the profile.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm looking to switch kernels from f15c to warthog and I'm a little unclear on the process. I know I have to remove f15c (and reboot) before installing warthog but do I have to install the recovery kernel between them?
    Quote Originally Posted by staby View Post
    I've searched but didn't see an answer. I'm also a new TouchPad owner.

Is there a way to load books on the Kindle app? I have some ePubs/mobis that I've checked out from the local library. How can I get them on the Kindle app?
    I have the same question. Thanks.
    JaakLeen likes this.
    How do I change the default google search to google UK?
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamScar View Post
    I'm looking to switch kernels from f15c to warthog and I'm a little unclear on the process. I know I have to remove f15c (and reboot) before installing warthog but do I have to install the recovery kernel between them?
    This is not the thread to discuss Preware/homebrew/kernels/patches. Please go to http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew/
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    Open the Accounts app from the Settings app launcher page. Tap on the area inside the box that says HP WEBOS ACCOUNT. Enter your current profile password and sign in. Now you can tap in the NAME box and the Email box to change those values. You would probably want to change the password and security question, too.

You might also want to open the App Catalog, open the menu from the top-left corner, choose Preferences & Accounts, and change or delete the payment information there.

Keep in mind that each profile can only be used with on TouchPad and one Palm/HP phone, so if you give up this profile, you are giving up all the apps attached to it to whomever now owns the profile.
    So the apps are tied to the Touchpad and not the profile?

What if you backed up those same apps to another Touchpad using the profile which purchased the apps?

Would the apps still work on both devices? Which unit would be allowed updates?
    Has anyone found a camera app with more feature than "digi camera" that is also free?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    So the apps are tied to the Touchpad and not the profile?

What if you backed up those same apps to another Touchpad using the profile which purchased the apps?

Would the apps still work on both devices? Which unit would be allowed updates?
    No, the apps are tied to the profile. I thought you were asking about leaving the profile with the TouchPad you want to give away while changing the e-mail address and other information associated with it to the information for the new owner.

The only way to switch a webOS device to a new profile involves erasing all the apps, including the homebrew ones.

Whichever TouchPad has your original profile loaded on it will get all the apps that were downloaded from the App Catalog. You cannot have the profile active on more than one TouchPad at one time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    How do i delete the default icons? I want to remove the Kinda App icon? when i click on it, it takes me to the app store...i do not need it....

Thanks in advance!
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by hippo View Post
    How do i delete the default icons? I want to remove the Kinda App icon? when i click on it, it takes me to the app store...i do not need it....

Thanks in advance!
    I had the same problem, too. What I did is install the Kindle app, then I deleted it. That was the only way I could get rid of the icon.
    I can't figure out for the life of me how to simply download an MP3. It always streams. Any ideas?
    I am having issues with the Kindle App. Not sure if I am just not doing something right, since I've only had it for about 4 days and everything I do on it is because my 15yr old son taught me! LOL

I cannot find my other books on the Kindle App. I had 3 total books sent to my TouchPad....one that I purchased and the other 2 were free on Amazon. When I touch the Kindle App, it pops up with the logo screen(the kid under the tree reading a book) and then it immediately goes to the first book I had sent to my TouchPad. I can't even find my other 2 books. Please help as I am REALLY excited to read the Stephen King book that I downloaded!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pebbles1472 View Post
    I am having issues with the Kindle App. Not sure if I am just not doing something right, since I've only had it for about 4 days and everything I do on it is because my 15yr old son taught me! LOL

I cannot find my other books on the Kindle App. I had 3 total books sent to my TouchPad....one that I purchased and the other 2 were free on Amazon. When I touch the Kindle App, it pops up with the logo screen(the kid under the tree reading a book) and then it immediately goes to the first book I had sent to my TouchPad. I can't even find my other 2 books. Please help as I am REALLY excited to read the Stephen King book that I downloaded!
    tap the spine area to bring up the in-book menu then tap the three books icon in the top left of the screen to get to the main menu
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast