Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    How do I make a links in the browser open in a new window on the side? Currently the cards stack on top of each other.
    I don't know of a way to do that. But I do know after you have a stack of 3 or 4 cards, the next card opened will be pushed to the side like you want. Not very helpful, I know.
    Is there any way to reorder the bookmarks in the web browser or even put them in folders?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomsauce View Post
    Is there any way to reorder the bookmarks in the web browser or even put them in folders?
    Nope. Patch opportunity!
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Is there a way to keep the screen light up when the TP is charging?

Thanks
    i have a mac and i have an hp touchpad ive downlaoded webos quick install and ive put my touchpad in developer mode but when i open up webos to install the novacom drivers it says
    "error: novacom drivers install failed" what do i do? ive checked my java is up to date and running fine.. am i doing something obviously wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Take a look at SecuStore 2 in the App Catalog. If you pair it with Advanced Browser, also in the App Catalog, it will auto-populate your usernames/passwords for you.
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for...although I'd like for the answer to not be "spend $12 on apps." LoL

I purchased the Advanced Browser for the multi-tab browsing support, and I noticed when making bookmarks, you have the option of 'checking' whether a log-in is needed and then put in the information. Will this auto-fill usernames and passwords, because as of yet, it seems to have no use?

Again, any help is appreciated!
    thanks this was really helpful
    Sorry for this noob question. How do you reboot your TP ? I''m seeing only "shutdown" from pressing the power button.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk007 View Post
    Sorry for this noob question. How do you reboot your TP ? I''m seeing only "shutdown" from pressing the power button.
    install Jasons reboot patch from preware, or if you dont want to turn the TP off and then turn it back on the same way
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3man36O View Post
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for...although I'd like for the answer to not be "spend $12 on apps." LoL

I purchased the Advanced Browser for the multi-tab browsing support, and I noticed when making bookmarks, you have the option of 'checking' whether a log-in is needed and then put in the information. Will this auto-fill usernames and passwords, because as of yet, it seems to have no use?

Again, any help is appreciated!

the way the login option works in advanced browser is that after you input the username and password in the bookmark, whenever you go to that bookmark a box will pop up in the bottom right corner telling you you have saved info for the site. Click that then the site name. Now when you click the text box to input your username it will autofill. Clicking the password text box after that will autofill your password.
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicRacine View Post
    Is there a way to keep the screen light up when the TP is charging?

Thanks
    Not that I am aware of. I assume you're charging it with the USB cable? If you have a Touchstone, the TouchPad will go into Exhibition mode and the screen will stay on. Maybe there's a Preware patch available to keep the screen on when charging via USB, but I just don't know.
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonway View Post
    i have a mac and i have an hp touchpad ive downlaoded webos quick install and ive put my touchpad in developer mode but when i open up webos to install the novacom drivers it says
    "error: novacom drivers install failed" what do i do? ive checked my java is up to date and running fine.. am i doing something obviously wrong?
    This is not the thread for troubleshooting homebrew/Preware/webOS Quick Install. Please visit http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew/
  13.    #133  
    Tap the Launcher Arrow, go to the Settings page, tap the Device Info icon, go to Reset Options (I think, don't have TP in front of me), then tap Restart.
    Not that I am aware of. I assume you're charging it with the USB cable? If you have a Touchstone, the TouchPad will go into Exhibition mode and the screen will stay on. Maybe there's a Preware patch available to keep the screen on when charging via USB, but I just don't know.
    Thanks! I'll be on the lookout for a patch... or for Touchstone, whichever comes first. :-)
    Is this with the Advanced Browser AND Secustore 2, because I see no box popping up after setting up my bookmarks with Advanced Browser. I've tried several sites with nothing showing in the lower right corner.
    Tap the Launcher Arrow, go to the Settings page, tap the Device Info icon, go to Reset Options (I think, don't have TP in front of me), then tap Restart.
    Thanks. But, can you add "restart" option to the menu at pressing the power button ?
    Another noob question. If I was to give my TP to another family member, how do I remove my name and email address that was used for HP webOS account on "device info" ? The easiest way without erasing apps that I installed (e.g. Preware, Govnah, ...) please.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3man36O View Post
    Is this with the Advanced Browser AND Secustore 2, because I see no box popping up after setting up my bookmarks with Advanced Browser. I've tried several sites with nothing showing in the lower right corner.
    I don't have securestore and mine works. Are you sure you are putting your username and password in the actual bookmark options or are you just entering them on the website? Advanced Browser won't automatically remember them just by entering them on the site. Make sure you have your credentials entered into the bookmark options by pressing the Advanced Browser icon on the top left of the screen then pressing the bookmarks option in the dropdown menu. When the bookmarks column opens press the edit button (pencil icon) next to your preferred bookmark. There should be a checkbox that says “has login”. When you click that the username and password inputs will appear. After you enter them and press save whenever you go to that site the notification should appear in the bottom right.

Thanks. But, can you add "restart" option to the menu at pressing the power button ?
    look in preware for the advanced reset patch. It will add a Luna restart, device restart and airplane mode when you hold the power button.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    How do I add the games and homebrew tab to launcher window?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hanly2 View Post
    How do I add the games and homebrew tab to launcher window?
    patch in preware titled “add launcher tabs”
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast