Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gamoses View Post
    "how do i transfer/watch a video file?" was a problem i ran into today. would have loved to have seen it in here
    Plug the TouchPad into a computer and it will be recognized as a USB storage device. Then you can copy whatever you want onto it.

Depending on the video file format, some can be played in the stock video app, but some will require a third party solution like the KalemSoft Media Player (in the app catalog) or TouchPlayer (in Preware).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Hi everyone.

So my TouchPad automatically installed a search engine called OurStage and I was wondering if there was a way to remove search engines. I don't see any option too. I don't like having extra stuff on my TouchPad if I'm never going to use it.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o100011e10010 View Post
    Hi everyone.

So my TouchPad automatically installed a search engine called OurStage and I was wondering if there was a way to remove search engines. I don't see any option too. I don't like having extra stuff on my TouchPad if I'm never going to use it.
    You can disable it from the Just Type preferences, but as yet there is no way to clear out the list of available (but disabled) search engines completely without just starting fresh by using the webOS Doctor.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    You can disable it from the Just Type preferences, but as yet there is no way to clear out the list of available (but disabled) search engines completely without just starting fresh by using the webOS Doctor.
    Hm, ok, thanks. So over time these search engines are just going to build up unless you use webOS Doctor?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Hm, ok, thanks. So over time these search engines are just going to build up unless you use webOS Doctor?
    Yup, there's no way to delete them right now other than wiping the device clean. Actually, you might not even need the doctor--a simple full erase might do the trick. It's totally unnecessary, though, because while they do pile up in your Just Type preferences, you'll never see them anywhere else (including when you actually use Just Type) unless you put a check mark by them in the preferences screen.
    Chudman likes this.
    Tap and hold on the image in the browser and a dialog will come up with several options.
    lol oh now it works. Didn't work when I was trying to save an image through google images
    thanks
    Yup, there's no way to delete them right now other than wiping the device clean. Actually, you might not even need the doctor--a simple full erase might do the trick. It's totally unnecessary, though, because while they do pile up in your Just Type preferences, you'll never see them anywhere else (including when you actually use Just Type) unless you put a check mark by them in the preferences screen.
    I was going through some other threads and I stumbled upon this gem of a post:

"Originally Posted by akshunj
    If you delete your browser history all of the unchecked search engines are removed from just type..."

It worked. I cleared my history and the new search engines were gone.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    How do you get rid of the 'search using' options in Just Type? I've got a shed load from various websites etc that I don't want in the list. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I was going through some other threads and I stumbled upon this gem of a post:

"Originally Posted by akshunj
    If you delete your browser history all of the unchecked search engines are removed from just type..."

It worked. I cleared my history and the new search engines were gone.
    Ah, I see...learn something new every day!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azza View Post
    How do you get rid of the 'search using' options in Just Type? I've got a shed load from various websites etc that I don't want in the list. Thanks.
    from the Just Type preferences screen you can choose which "search using" options you want to appear, or you can turn them off entirely.
    Would anybody in the kc area wanna do this for me? I'm scared to touch mine. I am at 3.0.2 & I've set logging to minimal. I'm just afraid to enter the Developer Mode....
    This may not be possible, but how do I download an attachment from my email which is an unsupported file type? It's an epub, and I've got pReader from Preware so it's supported by that. Alternatively, how do I create that file association (epub with pReader)?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debug_66216 View Post
    Would anybody in the kc area wanna do this for me? I'm scared to touch mine. I am at 3.0.2 & I've set logging to minimal. I'm just afraid to enter the Developer Mode....
    Does anybody want to do what for you? There's absolutely no reason to fear Developer Mode. It is something built into the operating system, just like the web browser or the e-mail app. There's really no risk involved at all if you enable it.
    Is there ANY way for the HP TouchPad to remember usernames and passwords? I literally have typed my e-mail address and password at LEAST 30 times today...
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3man36O View Post
    Is there ANY way for the HP TouchPad to remember usernames and passwords? I literally have typed my e-mail address and password at LEAST 30 times today...
    In an app or in the browser? If you're referring to the browser it depends on the page you go to. Some pages don't allow any device to remember a username/password. Some sites allow only the username to be remembered. For most of the sites I visit my TouchPad will remember the username but not the password.
    Please add to your list the fact that box.net app is the FREE version and not the paid version which, I just discovered after the fact, is for phones etc. Had it been pointed out, I wouldn't have missed it. On the other hand, had I not been so hasty, I might have noticed the free version at the bottom of the list after my search. Oh well, 99 cents ain't gonna break me, but the time it took to figure out what was wrong is gone.
    is there a way to resize/ adjust the new icon created when adding a bookmark to the launcher. In webos 1.x and 2.x if when you select the add to launcher option and then the dialog box pops up with the new icon information you could tap and hold the icon and it would open a new tab that allowed for selecting and resizing an image from the bookmarked page. Since I cannot figure out how to do this in 3.0.2 all my new launcher icons look the same
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    In an app or in the browser? If you're referring to the browser it depends on the page you go to. Some pages don't allow any device to remember a username/password. Some sites allow only the username to be remembered. For most of the sites I visit my TouchPad will remember the username but not the password.
    I'm referring to the browser. I was curious is there was a username/password memory option that could be enabled. I have all my username/passes automatically entered when I enter a site I've been to before on my PC.
    How do I make a links in the browser open in a new window on the side? Currently the cards stack on top of each other.
  20.    #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3man36O View Post
    Take a look at SecuStore 2 in the App Catalog. If you pair it with Advanced Browser, also in the App Catalog, it will auto-populate your usernames/passwords for you.