Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    How do I choose which messaging account I'm sending from? I have 2 gtalk accounts, but no option I can find to choose which one I'm sending from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    Turn "Upload photos by email" on in your Picasa photo settings and email the photos from your TP with the address that is created. Then in your G+ account, you can just go to your photo albums and you'll see your uploads in the Drop Box folder.

Edit: and make sure you share your Drop Box album
    Thanks for sharing this workaround!

I hope synergy support comes for Picasa soon. It would be nice to press that share button and get a list of ways to share (eg: FB, G+, Email, SMS, Box.net, etc.) rather than just the email.
    How do I create a new folder in an email account?

I want to make a "Saved Emails" folder and move emails I want to save from my Inbox to this folder.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stardomains View Post
    How do I create a new folder in an email account?

I want to make a "Saved Emails" folder and move emails I want to save from my Inbox to this folder.
    As far as I know creating a folder is not something that can be done from within the e-mail app. You have to do it through a browser-based e-mail client or on a computer. However, once you've created the folder elsewhere it will show up in the e-mail app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Are there Flash tracking cookies on TouchPad and if so, how to remove them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    As far as I know creating a folder is not something that can be done from within the e-mail app. You have to do it through a browser-based e-mail client or on a computer. However, once you've created the folder elsewhere it will show up in the e-mail app.

Thanks! It worked. Took a few minutes but updated.

New owner here loving my TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stardomains View Post
    Are there Flash tracking cookies on TouchPad and if so, how to remove them?
    Yes, there are, but no, I don't remember how to remove them. Rod Whittby had tweeted a while back about it, giving a web page to go to in order to set it up so that Flash wouldn't be tracking all kinds of stuff, but I can't seem to find that information now. Hopefully somebody else knows.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    Yes, there are, but no, I don't remember how to remove them. Rod Whittby had tweeted a while back about it, giving a web page to go to in order to set it up so that Flash wouldn't be tracking all kinds of stuff, but I can't seem to find that information now. Hopefully somebody else knows.
    I don't have the link handy, but there used to be a page on the main flash site that could be used for clearing select or all flash "cookies". You could probably find it via Google.
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnee View Post
    I don't have the link handy, but there used to be a page on the main flash site that could be used for clearing select or all flash "cookies". You could probably find it via Google.
    Well how about that? Google really did do the trick! :P

Here's the link for setting Flash privacy settings on a mobile device:

https://settings.adobe.com/flashplayer/mobile/

kathykatia likes this.
    I have probably overlooked the instructions, but I don't know how to add Preware to my TouchPad. Could an expert please give step-by-step instructions specific to the TouchPad, or point me to the place where they already appear?

Thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDewWorm View Post
    I have probably overlooked the instructions, but I don't know how to add Preware to my TouchPad. Could an expert please give step-by-step instructions specific to the TouchPad, or point me to the place where they already appear?

Thanks so much.
    Step-by-step instructions from a forum member, and
    Step-by-step instructions from the Internals Wiki site
    I am, therefore I think
    Thank you so very much for the rapid response.

I love webOS and webOS people!
    speedtouch likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDewWorm View Post
    Thank you so very much for the rapid response.

I love webOS and webOS people!
    No problem. I agree, I love this community for how helpful and friendly its members can be.
    I am, therefore I think
    speedtouch and strykr_ac like this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theSavant View Post
    Thanks for sharing this workaround!

I hope synergy support comes for Picasa soon. It would be nice to press that share button and get a list of ways to share (eg: FB, G+, Email, SMS, Box.net, etc.) rather than just the email.
    no problem. I'd like to be able to upload directly(aside from email workarounds) from the photos/videos app just like on my pre...hopefully that's coming back soon.
    Here's an easy one...

On the PreCentral site, when I mouse-over the Forums menu item, I get a drop-down list from where I can choose, for example, Latest Posts.

For the life of me, I can't seem to be able to accomplish that on my TouchPad.

Any ideas?
    Palm III --> Palm IIIx --> HandEra 330 --> Palm T|T3 --> HP TouchPad 32G
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSpam View Post
    Here's an easy one...

On the PreCentral site, when I mouse-over the Forums menu item, I get a drop-down list from where I can choose, for example, Latest Posts.

For the life of me, I can't seem to be able to accomplish that on my TouchPad.

Any ideas?
    That's actually not an easy one at all, unfortunately. The only way that I was able to get it to work was to tap the Forums link and then immediately tap the "x" in the URL bar to stop the browser. Once I did that the pop-up menu stayed on the screen and I could select within it.
    How do I change the hp webos account on my touchpad? I set it up with the wifes account and want to change it to mine. How can I remove her account and add a new one for all my apps etc? Cant find documentation on this anywhere and cant figure out how to do it in the OS itself...
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    How do I change the hp webos account on my touchpad? I set it up with the wifes account and want to change it to mine. How can I remove her account and add a new one for all my apps etc? Cant find documentation on this anywhere and cant figure out how to do it in the OS itself...
    The way that I know how to do this is to go into the Device Info app, choose, Reset Options, and do a Full Erase. Of course this wipes out everything, including anything stored on the USB drive partition, so if you've got a bunch of stuff loaded on there that you don't want to have to transfer again you'll want to use a different method. I've never tried it, so hopefully somebody who has can chime in, but I think it should also work to use the Erase Apps & Data reset option, and that wouldn't delete all the stuff on the USB partition.
    Sorry if this has been asked. I've searched and I don't find an answer. How do I get back to the page (it showed when I set up my email account) that has an option to sync the email server? When I delete an email on my TP I want it to delete from the server also. "Preferences & Accounts" doesn't get me there nor does manual setup.
    I've searched but didn't see an answer. I'm also a new TouchPad owner.

Is there a way to load books on the Kindle app? I have some ePubs/mobis that I've checked out from the local library. How can I get them on the Kindle app?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast