Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 217
Like Tree39Likes
  1. #41  
    I am the proud owner of a brand new Touchpad.

    Maybe there is somewhere that this is listed, but is there a way to link my touchpad into my Windows Workgroup on my home network?

    Thanks,

    mmay256
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmay256@gmail.com View Post
    I am the proud owner of a brand new Touchpad.

    Maybe there is somewhere that this is listed, but is there a way to link my touchpad into my Windows Workgroup on my home network?

    Thanks,

    mmay256
    Hi Mmay256, welcome to the world of webOS and to PreCentral. Stick around, we're glad you're here.

    Thanks for the question. Sadly, I have bad news for you. As of right now there is no way to do this. Perhaps it may come in the future, but I wouldn't count on it.

    Your question and the answer has been added to the OP.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    How do I keep the screen from waking when the TP is syncing accounts? Not a big deal really, just curious
    Hmm, not sure I understand your question. You should be able to turn the screen off and have it stay off until you tap the Power button again.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Hi Mmay256, welcome to the world of webOS and to PreCentral. Stick around, we're glad you're here.

    Thanks for the question. Sadly, I have bad news for you. As of right now there is no way to do this. Perhaps it may come in the future, but I wouldn't count on it.

    Your question and the answer has been added to the OP.
    Correction! A Preware user has figured out how to do this. http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rk-shares.html But you must use Preware to do it, which is outside the scope of this thread.
  5. mcnee's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #45  
    --restart or shutdown my TouchPad? Tap Device Info then tap Reset Options and tap Restart or Shut Down. Another way to shutdown is to hold down the power button for about 5 seconds, then choose Shut Down.
    Maybe it's just me.. but when you say "Tap Device Info", it took me a moment to realize you were talking about the program Device Info, and i was sort of looking for a button or something along the top bar when in the Launcher... would it be more clear to say "Start Device Info" or "Run Device Info"? or... at least "Tap Device Info App"? (and I'm still using my Sprint Pre Minus, so not a webOS novice either...)
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
  6. mcnee's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #46  
    how about a How Do I for copy and paste... ? Is there a keyboard option?
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
  7. #47  
    New owner of a touchpad here and enjoying it so far. now that we know how to take screenshots, how do we share them on google+?
  8. andymac85's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Hmm, not sure I understand your question. You should be able to turn the screen off and have it stay off until you tap the Power button again.
    this pops up and wakes the screen when the accounts are syncing

  9. andymac85's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnee View Post
    how about a How Do I for copy and paste... ? Is there a keyboard option?
    Highlight and Copy/Paste Text [webOS 3.0] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Caped Codder likes this.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnee View Post
    Maybe it's just me.. but when you say "Tap Device Info", it took me a moment to realize you were talking about the program Device Info, and i was sort of looking for a button or something along the top bar when in the Launcher... would it be more clear to say "Start Device Info" or "Run Device Info"? or... at least "Tap Device Info App"? (and I'm still using my Sprint Pre Minus, so not a webOS novice either...)
    Hmm, I never thought of it that way. I'll see what I can do to clarify things. Thanks for the note.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by theSavant View Post
    New owner of a touchpad here and enjoying it so far. now that we know how to take screenshots, how do we share them on google+?
    Well, I actually have no idea. I don't use G+. Maybe other users can chime in here.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    this pops up and wakes the screen when the accounts are syncing
    Oh, I see. I don't have a clue on how to disable that. In fact, I never knew that would happen. If I were you, I'd write to HP Feedback and let them know it's an annoyance.

    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
  13. andymac85's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #53  
    Try setting your account sync time to 5min (just as a test) and turn the screen off and see if it pops up for you, too. Might just be my device if you haven't noticed it before
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    Try setting your account sync time to 5min (just as a test) and turn the screen off and see if it pops up for you, too. Might just be my device if you haven't noticed it before
    I'll do that when I get home today. I have never seen that pop-up before.
  15.    #55  
    By the way, which account is doing this to you?
  16. andymac85's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by theSavant View Post
    New owner of a touchpad here and enjoying it so far. now that we know how to take screenshots, how do we share them on google+?
    Turn "Upload photos by email" on in your Picasa photo settings and email the photos from your TP with the address that is created. Then in your G+ account, you can just go to your photo albums and you'll see your uploads in the Drop Box folder.

    Edit: and make sure you share your Drop Box album
  17. andymac85's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    By the way, which account is doing this to you?
    Both of my gmail accounts
  18. #58  
    2 things for the Bluetooth Keyboard I figured out:

    1. Sometimes the virtual Keyboard keeps popping up even though you're typing on BT. Top row, third button over is a keyboard button, press it, problem solved.

    2. Sometimes you can get your CAPS LOCK button stuck, (which also causes entire words to be deleted with the DELETE button), and simply pressing it doesn't shut it off. Press SHIFT + CAPS LOCK, problem solved.
    erykah likes this.
  19. gharkay's Avatar
    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #59  
    I believe it is incorrect to say that there is no way to reorder e-mail account. While it's true that there is no way to rearrange folders within an account, I think it should be possible to get the accounts themselves in a preferred order by deleting them and then adding them back, one at a time, in the order in which you'd like them to appear. At least this works on webOS 2.x and I think also 1.x, though to be fair I haven't actually tried it on my Touchpad (my accounts are already the way I want them).
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
  20. gharkay's Avatar
    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #60  
    Another thing--does anyone know how to change the volume when making a call through a paired phone? The side volume buttons don't do it, neither of the sliders in Sounds & Ringtones do it, and the buttons on my Pre 2 don't do it. The volume is cranked super high on my TP to the point where it's unusable. Maybe one has to set the call volume on the phone on a separate call before pairing with the TP
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions