Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I emailed some ringtones(for emails) to myself and I can open and listen to them on the TouchPad. I used Internalz Pro to go looking for them, nowhere to be found. I checked the media/internals directory, not there. Downloads directory, not there. I'm just trying to find an easy way to transfer without cables, and that seemed easy, but isn't working for me.
    I'll guess that audio/video files aren't saved to the TP via email attachments. I'd say the TP just streams them. I have yet to get the web browser to do anything but streaming when tapping on an mp3 link.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    How do I download attachments from an e-mail to the TouchPad? I tried downloading a video, .mp4, and I dont get an option to download.
    Hey I am sorry I missed your post. I promise I wasn't ignoring you.

Sledge had a similar question and it would appear the TP doesn't save audio/video files from emails. It always tries to stream those files.
    LordSecksie likes this.
    Garrett92C has a patch similar to Mutli Mod but it will download everything and not give an option to just stream. Hopefully that's in the works, as I don't want to download everything I see.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    LordSecksie likes this.
    how do I prevent screen lock coming on . . . .

For example i'm using a web browser to play internet radio, but it stops every time screenlock comes on. I can see in the "screen & lock" prefs the "turn off after" but these just increments to 10mins, no prevent option!

I know some of the Pre apps have this feature
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    how do I prevent screen lock coming on . . . .

For example i'm using a web browser to play internet radio, but it stops every time screenlock comes on. I can see in the "screen & lock" prefs the "turn off after" but these just increments to 10mins, no prevent option!

I know some of the Pre apps have this feature
    The only way I know how to prevent that when using the browser is to make the player full screen. I don't know if you have that option, though.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I emailed some ringtones(for emails) to myself and I can open and listen to them on the TouchPad. I used Internalz Pro to go looking for them, nowhere to be found. I checked the media/internals directory, not there. Downloads directory, not there. I'm just trying to find an easy way to transfer without cables, and that seemed easy, but isn't working for me.
    I'll guess that audio/video files aren't saved to the TP via email attachments. I'd say the TP just streams them. I have yet to get the web browser to do anything but streaming when tapping on an mp3 link.
    Sledge, I just received an app .ipk attachment from a developer in my email. I tapped the attachment and Preware launched and said it found that .ipk file in /var/file-cache/attachment/C/

Maybe poke around in there and you might find your email attachments.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Unfortunately the TouchPad does not include any file management apps. You can go to the App Catalog and download GoAruna Files (free) or Gemini File Manager ($2.99), which will give you file management through the TouchPad. There are free file management apps through Preware (homebrew), as well. Otherwise, you'll need to connect to the TP via USB and manually delete files through your computer.

I updated the initial post with the answer. And, you're welcome! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your TP so well. Me too.
    Thanx. GoAruna worked great. Kinda waiting for Jason's Internalz HD for fullscreen file manager. Love how this thread is working.
    Blessings!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by JaakLeen View Post
    Any idea how to change the print settings on a HP TouchPad, ie print duplex?
    JaakLeen, I have gotten some PM replies from folks who have been able to do duplex printing and from people who have not been able to do duplex printing. It appears that duplex printing is only an option on the TouchPad if the TP detects that your HP printer absolutely supports it. If your printer does not support duplex printing then the option for it will not appear in the print dialog on the TP.
    Any ideas on how to save what albums get shown on Exhibition? I seem to have to manually select them every time I put it on the Touchstone.

or if that can't be done, how about un-selecting all, then pick the ones I want?
    Any ideas on how to save what albums get shown on Exhibition? I seem to have to manually select them every time I put it on the Touchstone.

or if that can't be done, how about un-selecting all, then pick the ones I want?
    Whenever I start exhibition, it gives me the albums that I last selected unless I've restarted my device. But I don't have the Touchstone.
    This one came up yesterday in another discussion:

Enable Flash App Interactive Controls (in the browser): Double tap the flash window. App specific flash controls will be enabled until you zoom out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaakLeen View Post
    Any idea how to change the print settings on a HP TouchPad, ie print duplex?
    Someone answered this earlier in the thread, but yes you can toggle duplex printing from the TouchPad (provided your printer supports it).

I have a HP c310. The dialog box that pops up on my TouchPad gives me these options:

Print
    Photosmart Prem C310 series
    Number of Copies: [X]
    2-Sided Printing: [OFF/ON]
    Color Printing: [OFF/ON]
    [Cancel] [Print]

Hope this helps.
    is it possible to undo an action? (for example after having deleted a selected text). Thanks.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by seb9345 View Post
    is it possible to undo an action? (for example after having deleted a selected text). Thanks.
    There doesn't seem to be a way to undo anything. That's too bad. I hadn't even thought of that before. I went into the Help app and searched for undo, got zero results. I think you're out of luck. Sorry.
    how do I hover (on a computer you let the cursor rest on an item without clicking) on a menu when the top level menu item is a link. There are some websites for my job which I can't get to whole sections of them because of the problem. Here is an example though this is not the website I am worried about.

New Life Christian Center
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    how do I hover (on a computer you let the cursor rest on an item without clicking) on a menu when the top level menu item is a link. There are some websites for my job which I can't get to whole sections of them because of the problem. Here is an example though this is not the website I am worried about.

New Life Christian Center
    Riw, unfortunately as it is now the browser doesn't have the ability to do this. It annoys the heck out of me, too. It might be something HP can code into the browser to sense a tap that has been held for more than 1 second and to translate that into a hover on the page. I don't know. Tablets have entered the realm of webpages that are specifically designed to interact with a mouse cursor. It's going to be a long hard slog for tablet users, I think, until web designers make their menus operate in a tap-friendly way.
    It seems to me when I used my brother's EVO the android browser had no problem with the hover action. Does anyone know if the advanced browser works with hover?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    --move an application icon from one tab to another? Tap and hold the icon and drag it up and drop it on the destination tab. This is quicker than dragging to the sides.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    It seems to me when I used my brother's EVO the android browser had no problem with the hover action. Does anyone know if the advanced browser works with hover?
    I just checked your website in Advanced Browser and it behaves just as the standard browser does. Advanced Browser is not a different browser, it still uses the default browser...but just adds stuff on top of it (tabs, bookmark enhancements, integration with SecuStore 2).
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    How do I keep the screen from waking when the TP is syncing accounts? Not a big deal really, just curious
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast